Madge, Good Riddence here

Sheens has been here 5 minutes. This is Pascoe’s spoon.
Sheens was involved in the decision not to part ways with Madge at the end of last year, thus removing the opportunity for a new coach to spend the whole offseason with the boys ahead of the new year. This would appear to have been because his little buddy Ciraldo said not interested. He then pulled the trigger halfway through this season, believing he had his little buddy over the line, only to get rejected again and leaving us with no coach. He then took the head coaching role himself…but not for this year…Instead of jumping in to help out, he throw Kimmorley to the wolves.
He absolutely has a stake in this spoon.

I could easily say good riddance to 90% of the people being paid by this club on and off the field ahead of Maguire - and the fact that we can't recruit players or coaches I can confidently say that from the outside looking in that's a consensus shared by most with any ounce of footy knowledge.

I could easily say good riddance to 90% of the people being paid by this club on and off the field ahead of Maguire - and the fact that we can't recruit players or coaches I can confidently say that from the outside looking in that's a consensus shared by most with any ounce of footy knowledge.
Good clubs sign a coach and then go about helping him mould a strong roster. Look at the Sharks last year. We sign a new coach then go straight to the knife drawer.

Same same....
I thought it was stupid to sack him now just to try get Ciraldo,
We don't sack him I think we're doing better than now (Maybe)
But the Papalli thing maybe isn't an issue - Who knows?
The timing to sack Madge sucked. That said if we had recruited Ciraldo would anyone have objected?

My view is Sheens just pulled the trigger and said it was enough. Unsure if the players persuaded, Surely our performance was enough, it was ground hog day.

Good clubs sign a coach and then go about helping him mould a strong roster. Look at the Sharks last year. We sign a new coach then go straight to the knife drawer.
The Sharks seem to be knifing Fifita quite hard. But I take your point they have a consistency there and are clearly on about culture.

How sad.

One thread apologising to Madge, another created to revel in his sacking...

Imagine being that caught up in debating the exhausting minutia of the symptoms of failure, that you cannot see the forest for the tree's. Wasted energy and vitriol instead of looking for the cause of the disease. One man, either way, should be scapegoat for the downfall of an organisation, definitely not one at the rank of coach. Failure at this level is a burden of those with much greater influence.

Such is the WT forum...
between you and crazycat who will roll out the Luke Brooks appreciation thread in the new year.lol

The timing to sack Madge sucked. That said if we had recruited Ciraldo would anyone have objected?

My view is Sheens just pulled the trigger and said it was enough. Unsure if the players persuaded, Surely our performance was enough, it was ground hog day.

I understand why they did it - Was certainly showing respect to Madge....
He couldn't have coached (Or wouldn't have) knowing they were actively chasing another coach.
Was a big risk - It didn't work....

Shit situation all round....

Yes it's odd. I'm glad we don't do this with every topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's odd. I'm glad we don't do this with every topic.
We needed it on this one IMHO.

Not to totally rubbish on Madge. He clearly made some good signings and look he tried.
But Madge did not build the structures with our team. There did not even seem to be a yearplan let alone a long term plan. Each game in 2022 was a repeat of the last bar when Hastings was given halfback and when Kimmorley took charge and sent Brisbane (and IMHO the cows) packing.

We needed it on this one IMHO.

Not to totally rubbish on Madge. He clearly made some good signings and look he tried.
But Madge did not build the structures with our team. There did not even seem to be a yearplan let alone a long term plan. Each game in 2022 was a repeat of the last bar when Hastings was given halfback and when Kimmorley took charge and sent Brisbane (and IMHO the cows) packing.
It will certainly give us something to talk about over the off season.
Like winning, the only way now to stop the noise is to start some decent recruiting.
Cutoff date looming and the banter around the clubs is already in full swing...watch out.

Just curious, sorry if this is a dumb question but could Sheens get the sack if for instance the tigers come last again next year and year after? I mean it’s not impossible right?

Does sheens have like KPIs for himself?

That would ruin the whole long term plan for Benj and Robbie . Just random musing

Just curious, sorry if this is a dumb question but could Sheens get the sack if for instance the tigers come last again next year and year after? I mean it’s not impossible right?

Does sheens have like KPIs for himself?

That would ruin the whole long term plan for Benj and Robbie . Just random musing
Lol we don’t have a long term plan.

Benji and Sheens was an appointment to take the focus off the fact no one wanted to coach us.

There is no plan.

Back