Making your kids fans.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
True. Not just the physical side it does wonders mentality as well, All depends on the trainer/teacher/ coach. Boxing as well.

100%
Good for confidence, self worth…
Instils discipline. Make some new friends. Learn to defend yourself if needed and good physical exercise.

I have a boxing and kick boxing background but I wish I had a black belt in something.....
Get him started now and he could be a black belt by 18!

I have 2 mates like that and they both ended up with busted knees by their forties. Jeff Horn got bullied and see where he landed up.

From training or from fighting people? Lol..
Get busted knees from being a runner so as always u have take the good with the bad.
Excercise and physical health is important.
If you're worried about your knees stick to the swimming pool ?

One was no. 2 about 1992 in NT so I presume was from organised fights as well. Number 1 was a bigger cop who was taller so could kick him in the knees from further out. He was also an SAS guy so who knows.

The other guy is in the Philippines, a chippy/builder, but is now semi-crippled due to his knees. No medicare or social service over there and so he is broke . I give him my knee braces etc. they are double price over there, I even gave him a new roof for his squatter house the other day due to rainy season (only a $100A)

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
100%
Good for confidence, self worth…
Instils discipline. Make some new friends. Learn to defend yourself if needed and good physical exercise.

I have a boxing and kick boxing background but I wish I had a black belt in something.....
Get him started now and he could be a black belt by 18!

I have 2 mates like that and they both ended up with busted knees by their forties. Jeff Horn got bullied and see where he landed up.

From training or from fighting people? Lol..
Get busted knees from being a runner so as always u have take the good with the bad.
Excercise and physical health is important.
If you're worried about your knees stick to the swimming pool ?

One was no. 2 about 1992 in NT so I presume was from organised fights as well. Number 1 was a bigger cop who was taller so could kick him in the knees from further out. He was also an SAS guy so who knows.

The other guy is in the Philippines, a chippy/builder, but is now semi-crippled due to his knees. No medicare or social service over there and so he is broke . I give him my knee braces etc. they are double price over there, I even gave him a new roof for his squatter house the other day due to rainy season (only a $100A)

Their careers could be the blame for the knees and not the sport it's self but that's between them…
Sound like cool dudes.

@ said:
My family is a dictatorship. Hands down.

My parents and wife are dragons.

The 5 kids are 10000% tigers.

She ensures we all follow paternal leadership all almost all.areas of life.

I am proud to be an old school family.

X2

My wife is a Dragons fan but all the kids follow the Tigers…....and also an old school family and proud

Back during Benji's peak you didn't need to convince anyone everyone loved the Tigers! Gosh I miss those days!!!

My young fella was keen on the Tigers from a young age - his first Leichhardt game sealed the deal - the future is safe.

All 3 of my daughters had very little choice, support Wests Tigers or find a new family :laughing:
They were all very young when the JV formed so they only know Wests Tigers, they love WT and don’t have to worry about all the Balmain and Magpie rivalry.

@ said:
All 3 of my daughters had very little choice, support Wests Tigers or find a new family :laughing:
They were all very young when the JV formed so they only know Wests Tigers, they love WT and don’t have to worry about all the Balmain and Magpie rivalry.

My daughters always end up going for the refs…cos they wear pink!

@ said:
Back during Benji's peak you didn't need to convince anyone everyone loved the Tigers! Gosh I miss those days!!!

Totally. Lote running down the wing and Ellis hitting it up on the edges.
How could you not?

Back