Making your kids fans.

bigsiro

_So…... moving away from the current doom and gloom..._
I'd love to know other fans thoughts on whether or not you insist on making your kids Tigers fans (i.e. over other teams).

Personally, I accept that at some point my kids may struggle with religion, sexuality, political agenda, whatever...but I'm dead serious that they **have** to support all of my teams without question.

Thoughts?

@ said:
I'd love to know other fans thoughts on whether or not you insist on making your kids Tigers fans (i.e. over other teams).

Personally, I accept that at some point my kids may struggle with religion, sexuality, political agenda, whatever...but I'm dead serious that they **have** to support all of my teams without question.

Thoughts?

Absolutely. Geo clearly failed as a father by raising a Roosters supporter. Mine have been wearing Tigers gear from 0000 up!

I know a family with three kids and each kid goes for a different team.
Guess it builds some healthy competition /rivalry but jeez…. Three different teams! One is sharks, one is Parramatta and one is the tigers.

I couldn't agree more! My Mum did it to me and I have done it to my son (19) and daughter (3). The last thing I say to my daughter when putting her to bed, or dropping her at day care, is "Go Tigers" and she throws her arm in the air.

my son is almost a year old when we do footy tips I tickle him on each team and i pick whatever team he either laughs the most in or crys the least!

He seems to pick the Warriors every week. so we call them his team. as a joke for now. as for supporting the tigers, i don't believe in brainwashing at all. so he can support whoever the hell he wants when he is old enough and even if he wants to watch the NRL. he could be a AFL fan it would be totally up to him. but I won't be the one to force him wearing any sports teams gear, unless it was to support NSW or Australia for the obvious reasons.

I am the youngest out of 4 my father was a Manly fan and all 4 of us all supported a different team. I also think it would be boring as hell if an entire family supported the same team.

Only thing that has to be learned in his head is he was born in Sydney and must support NSW. and learn what the word 'origin' means there are a lot of people living in NSW that support QLD and who don't understand the concept behind the word.

@ said:
I couldn't agree more! My Mum did it to me and I have done it to my son (19) and daughter (3). The last thing I say to my daughter when putting her to bed, or dropping her at day care, is "Go Tigers" and she throws her arm in the air.

Maybe reconsider that and tell her u love her instead… Life is short. 😔

@ said:
@ said:

Thoughts?

Absolutely. Geo clearly failed as a father by raising a Roosters supporter. Mine have been wearing Tigers gear from 0000 up!

I did.. :cry:

But my daughter is staunch Wests Tigers so 1 out of 2 ain't bad…

Nah I couldn’t care tbh

Let them choose who they want !

Although Hobbo Jnr is a rusted on West’s Tigers fan …

Poor bastard!

you will find that kids usually find a team between age 6 to 10\. and usually it is a team they hop on the bandwagon about when that team is good. which is why there is a lot of mid 20s age roosters fans around who jumped on them in the early 2000s.

2014 and 2016 got a whole new batch of Sharks and souths fans they were becoming extinct.

Two kids, my son sticks with me and follows the tigers… my daughter follows her mother and goes for the roosters.... and for some reason anyone else who is playing the tigers when we are at the game...? Just like her mum, just has to be different I guess...🙄

I have 3 sons aged 22 20 and 9

I would've been really disappointed if they supported another team as i love the tiger's but never ever said they had to follow the tiger's and left it up to them

The one thing i always did though was go to plenty of games and take the boys with me

They are now diehard tiger's fans

Absolutely love the tiger's

The 2 eldest were lucky enough to be at ANZ with me for the 2005 grand final and I took my niece as well to all these games and she is 23 and loves the tiger's as well

I now have a 15 month old grand daughter who is now a 2nd year member of the tiger's that i get for her each year

We have also always lived in Newcastle and when the kids had the days where they could wear their favorite teams colours my boys would wear tiger's jerseys and besides the other odd team team the rest would be knights so it was good to see them stick solid with the tiger's

all my kids (4 boys) are West Tigers fan! I just watch every WT games there is to watch and they all groan at the same time I do when we are not winning and shout with joy when we win!

All of them are old enough to choose whatever team they want to follow but they have stayed a WT fan (thankfully).

On a funny note, this was about 5 yrs ago (he was 7 yrs old then). I was watching a bit of the Knights and Roosters game - my youngest saw it but wasn't interested. He made a comment - "oh, the chickens are playing" - he was serious when he said it and I laughed - classic!!! My brother is a Roosters supporter and told him about it… he wasn't impressed! lol

@ said:

I would've been really disappointed if they supported another team as i love the tiger's but never ever said they had to follow the tiger's and left it up to them

The one thing i always did though was go to plenty of games and take the boys with me

The 2 eldest were lucky enough to be at ANZ with me for the 2005 grand final and I took my niece as well to all these games and she is 23 and loves the tiger's as well

I now have a 15 month old grand daughter who is now a 2nd year member of the tiger's that i get for her each year

We have also always lived in Newcastle and when the kids had the days where they could wear their favorite teams colours my boys would wear tiger's jerseys and besides the other odd team team the rest would be knights so it was good to see them stick solid with the tiger's

🙋🏻‍♂️ Hello from Mac Hills 2285

@ said:
@ said:

??‍♂️ Hello from Mac Hills 2285

I'm less than 10 minutes from you at Gateshead

My boys two and a half and will say Go Tigers and get excited if they are I. tv. He knows when I am putting the jersey on I’m going to a game and he asks to come along. Don’t know if he will follow them as his team but if he wants me to take him to games I’m sure he’ll jump on board. Hoping for some success in the next few years so it is easier to convince.

My wife doesn't follow footy so no competition in my family, and everyone else who cares in the extended family are Tigers fans, even those who married into the family.

Started indoctrinating my kids early - about how good Tigers are, why Tigers are the best team etc. They are too young to get it but given time should work out nicely. Will be interesting to see if I can get my daughter to like footy as much as the blokes in the family do.

@ said:
My wife doesn't follow footy so no competition in my family, and everyone else who cares in the extended family are Tigers fans, even those who married into the family.

Started indoctrinating my kids early - about how good Tigers are, why Tigers are the best team etc. They are too young to get it but given time should work out nicely. Will be interesting to see if I can get my daughter to like footy as much as the blokes in the family do.

Don't count on it. I had the same idea but hard to answer when they start asking, "Well why do they always lose?" or they are able to see a ladder

Just got home from work and low and behold the young blokes
Gods of ISP jersey has arrived in the post ( only took 10 weeks ) :unamused:

He had the choice of …
Anzac jersey
Indigenous jersey
Or Demps’s Gods Of ISP !

It’s a cracking design imo !

Back