Manly Side

TigerRock

Tigers vs Sea Eagles - Team Line-ups
Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named a very strong line-up for the clash against the Wests Tigers at the Sydney Football Stadium on Monday night. Back into the 18 man squad is Steve Matai and Heath L'Estrange who return from suspension.

SEA EAGLES NRL TEAM

1 Michael Robertson
2 Tony Williams
3 Ben Farrar
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams

6 Jamie Lyon
7 Matt Orford ©

8 Jason King
9 Matt Ballin
10 Josh Perry
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Glenn Hall
13 Glenn Stewart

14 Chris Bailey
15 Brent Kite
16 George Rose
18 Shane Rodney
19 Heath L’Estrange

Coach Des Hasler

Strong side. Tough forward pack to knock over and the Tigers are going to have to win the possession stakes if they are to beat this team IMO. Whatmough and Stewart are the dangers in the forward pack. The backline doesn't worry me as much.

The weakness is their 1-5, strong forward pack and an even stronger bench, we need KG and heigno back for this game if we are a chance

What is it with Manly players returning from suspension to face us?

the only way to beat them will be to score lots of posts early and get them demoralised!

@Kaiser said:
Strong forward pack… I hope we pick Laurie for this game... We'll beat em!

Manly pack is real strong and thats why Sheens wont pick Laurie

Kieran Foran dropped? He's been playing well.

Their forward pack is a worry, although their back 3 could be exploited with a smart kicking game.

The Silvertails are always a stronger side with Matai. Limit their go forward and consistent line speed from Wests can assist in the Tigers chances for a very much needed victory.

When Mattai is tackling low put your hip bone into his bung shoulder :slight_smile:

I am glad Foran has been dropped and Lyon is still playing pivot. He is a far more dangerous proposition in the centres

I would put Lawrence up against Tony Williams on the wing. Lawrence would bag three tries and more than handle Williams I think. Kick behind Williams for Lawrence all game. I doubt Sheens will do it though. It'll be the two worst wingers in the NRL up against each other here.

What side has Tony Williams been playing on this year? Would be a good battle to see him against Tuiaki.

@alex said:
What side has Tony Williams been playing on this year? Would be a good battle to see him against Tuiaki.

Plays down their left I think our right side defence…..smash him Beau.... :slight_smile:

Manly scum are beatable.....there were cracks against the Knights....Hold there pack and we should come away with the points at home in a tight one...

@alex said:

If they did, Chewbacca would eat Tony "What is offside again?" Williams for breakfast.

@alex said:

Tuiaki vs. David Williams will be better. DW is one of their weapons and I think Tank can completely nullify him, and perhaps vice versa, in a way that no other player in our side can. That's why we need to take advantage down the opposite flank by shifting Lawrence over there and Collis into the side instead of Ryan. Lawrence will bag three tries if he marks up against Tony Williams and they kick behind him, you can count on it. Rattle T Williams early and he will ruin Manly on his own. He is their weakest link by fifty. Up in his face whenever he has the ball, knock the crap out of him and force him to get nervous. He will lose the game for them on his own if we give him the chance.

Back