Many Factors cost us, but only one

king_sirro

was the differance….......................Manly wanted it more.

Yes we can say how crap Sheens is at picking side..........., yes we can blame the ref for giving Manly momentum with nothing penalties just to even it up............yes we can blame the wayward pass just before halftime that led to a Manly try............yes we can blame the wayward pass on the 1st tackle when Manly lost the ball which ultimately led to a Manly try in the 2nd half..........but at the end of the day........Manly wanted it more. They tried harder, they tackled harder, they scrambled harder, they turned up to play.

Great post. Some days that happens. Hope the side can learn from this and remember the hurt from it to build for finals time. I feel this is a better, tougher side - time will tell.

After just getting back and that is spot on Sirro…

We lacked leadership when it mattered.....

How they back up against the Sharkies will be interesting to see...

And Manly have a Coach that is serious about his selection and actually thinks …example Mckinnon out why would you play Fitzhenry there when you have a fullback in the team Brown this is one of many blunders made by the coach and his brainless selections ...

Sirro - I disagree with you.

Using the players wanted it more line to me is a cop out. Sheens continues to choose players in the team that are not the best option and it can make a difference.

Moors has been quality all year and whilst Skando has a large number of supporters he simply is not in the same class. Fitzy is not a bad player like he is made out on here and did nothing wrong however Brown imo looked a lot better at the back. I am signalling out these two selections but they aren't really the problem. The problem is that Sheens needs to look at winning the comp. To give yourself the best chance you should choose the best available players.

After that is said and done we did get some rough calls and we had some unlucky moments.

The original post is true, BUT this isn`t uncommon and when we play physical sides like Manly we find out the players who are willing to put their bodies on the line fron those who are not prepared to. The same blokes continually show they aren`t up to it, but those same blokes keep getting selected. Against sides like Manly we need blokes who are going to run the ball hard and blokes who will hit hard with their shoulder, the only two who should be excluded are Benji and Robbie as we obvioulsy need them in the side regardless !!!
Belive it or not we do have pretty close to 17 players in our ranks that will play hard and aggressive when needed.

@king sirro said:

Yes we can say how crap Sheens is at picking side..........., yes we can blame the ref for giving Manly momentum with nothing penalties just to even it up............yes we can blame the wayward pass just before halftime that led to a Manly try............yes we can blame the wayward pass on the 1st tackle when Manly lost the ball which ultimately led to a Manly try in the 2nd half..........but at the end of the day........Manly wanted it more. They tried harder, they tackled harder, they scrambled harder, they turned up to play.

Great Post Sirro…

Bring on the Sharkies!!!

@Balmain Tiger said:
i reckon it was the groud announcer that lost us the game..we should get that bloke from LO :wink:

hahahaha…....i was just playin in the other thread....it aint me. Totally against my personality to do something like that actually.

@Tiger Watto said:
@king sirro said:

Great Post Sirro…

Bring on the Sharkies!!!

Agree Sirro, good post. Doesn't matter how much we complain about the team selections, the team just didn't aim up today and were caught flat while Manly were just more desperate and energetic in everything they did.

Two things, surely we have seen the last of Andrew Fitzhenry and Mark Flanagan is certain to spend a few weeks in the reggies, come back Junior Moors all is forgiven now that the Garden Gnome has left the building.

It was not like we had nothing to play for, "outright 2nd spot on the table" Instead we invited the rest of the comp to push us out of the 8 in the coming weeks. Cronulla, Souths, Panthers, Parra, Storm & Titans away. Pls tell me we'll switch on and atleast get 4 from 6??

Just before kickoff…When I saw an eagle circling bluetongue for a good twenty minutes , just gliding...riding
the wind coming off the mountain....I knew it wasnt our day.

I saw a dead magpie in the park today. I knew it was a bad omen, so I attempted to give it mouth to mouth but it was well and truly dead

PS True story (apart from the mouth to mouth bit)

@cuzzo said:
It was not like we had nothing to play for, "outright 2nd spot on the table" Instead we invited the rest of the comp to push us out of the 8 in the coming weeks. Cronulla, Souths, Panthers, Parra, Storm & Titans away. Pls tell me we'll switch on and atleast get 4 from 6??

4 from 6 is a big ask with that schedule.

Back