Marina Go resigns Barry O'Farrell appointed

tigerap

Came across this Twitter post and it refereed to Marina Go as the former WT Director….When did she relinquish her WT Chair?...

https://twitter.com/marinasgo/status/1090843298132946944/photo/1

I just listened to this Podcast. Marina Go was asked if she had resigned. She did say Yes or No. it's right at the end of the podcast.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/the-nrl-podcast/id1156374713?mt=2&i=1000430906309

Umm the first tweet is Marina Go talking about Rosemary Sinclair the for formee tigers director

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1102138093954461696

Looks likely…

Brent Read - her mate just, confirmed on twitter

https://twitter.com/brentread_7/status/1102139183148093441?s=21

@the_third said:

To be honest I’m not too sure how the structure is set up or works. Does the independent chair or whatever title it is actually do anything. For example should they be more involved in commercial or football side of things because go excelled in the former not the latter.

Extremely sad if true. She's added a lot to our club.

However most Chairs would only be required to attend fortnightly meetings etc, not be heavily involved in the day to day running of the club. Would certainly have taken a toll on her of late, especially with the lack of respect shown towards her and the club by head office.

This is incredibly sad. We had great governance under Marina Go - and balanced governance. I hope we don’t end up with an agenda driven old Magpies or Balmain fossil. We need a corporate experienced independent leader who is business savvy.

I saw her interview on NRL.com ….. she looked pissed as to how all this worked our. I think NRL putting pressure on the club to apologise for this ...... was the last straw for her.
With all the rubbish this club has been through over last few years and NRL sitting on their hands while watching us burn and now this ....... I’m sorry to say that my support for the game and interest has been eroded to such extent that I am not far behind her.
Noted that Greenberg rang her in the morning of the latest penalty announcement and she’d didnt answer his calls. Probably tried to calm the waters as NRL can hardly afford to loose a woman of her standing in the business and the community. Their loss! And ours I’m afraid.

This pathetic man is doing untold damage to the game. He is just abhorrent. Now we lose a woman of integrity just when the game needs to repair its attitude in relation to women. Can’t even joke about it - just incredible.

Good on her I hope she unloads in Greenberg. Too much class to do that but we move forward. Buzz is a scoundrel it didn’t need to be said West’s control the board and make the decisions the new Chair will be a West’s Ashfield appointee. Simon Cook is the most credentialed.

I don't know what it is with buzz. From her interviews, her results and the fact she's been revoted once already back into the chair, she's not incompetent.

Almost just seems like blatant sexism from buzz.

I believe the only way to fill the position is an external appointment. The spineless groveles that sit around the board table will won’t a YES person ..IMO with Ms Go leaving it will back to the bad old days , never hear boo from these grovelers that have been hiding behind Ms Go’s skirt for years . And Rothfield what a low life individual .. would get a walk up start in the Walking Dead!
I liked what Ms Go brought to the table at the Tigers it was a genuine female touch that that opened the gates for our female counterparts and supporters to feel apart of our club .. no one is perfect but a sad day when she leaves ours club on many levels!

NRL.com have just reported that Marina Gonhas resigned as Wests Tigers chairperson.

Wests Tigers chair Marina Go resigns
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/03/wests-tigers-chair-marina-go-resigns/

Wests Tigers chairwoman Marina Go has resigned from her post after almost five years at the helm of the joint venture.

Go is expected to remain in the role until at least after the club's opening round of the season, however NRL.com understands she informed the board of her resignation on December 24 given her frustrations over the NRL’s punishment of the club in relation to an ambassador role offered to Robbie Farah.

Her board pleaded with her to stay on to help the club through its latest crisis, with Go agreeing to remain on until the salary cap drama had drawn to an end.

Go also decided to remain on because another director, Darren Perry, also resigned on December 24.

If Go left her post before Christmas, the board would have become unconstitutional given Go and Perry were the only two independent directors.

>

Marina Go addresses Wests Tigers sanctions

NRL.com asked Go if she had resigned in an interview on Friday and, while Go did her best to avoid answering the question, she couldn't hide her frustrations.

"If I was to leave the club, and I will - I am going to leave the club at some point - it won't be because I don't love my club," Go told NRL.com on Friday.

"I love my club. But I have spent the past couple of months looking under the bonnet, or seeing up close, the governance of the game. I just feel if I was to leave, I would leave them to that."

Go was reluctant to leave in December as it would have placed the club in a precarious position given the attention on them, agreeing to stay on for up to six months.

She is expected to discuss her future - and her departure date - at a club board meeting following the round one game against the Sea Eagles at Leichhardt Oval.

Go has been instrumental in ensuring the financial sustainability of the once unstable club.

"On any given day, rugby league is the best thing I've ever done and the worst thing I've ever done," she said.

"What I like to do is to be able to contribute. I think I have contributed … I do it for reasons of what I can give to the organisation - in this case the sport. I feel really proud of my contributions.

"I'm really proud. From four and a half years ago. One of the greatest challenges was actually to right the ship financially. And we've done that. To come out the end of last year in a position that was profitable - and we might slip back under now that we've got the fine - but it's a really wonderful position to be in for a very strong club. I'm very proud of that."

Back