Marshall is not a FG halfback

@simonthetiger said:
Apparently you have to tackle in first grade…....just a rumour.

it was a reason as to why head and benji couldnt be in the team together because they were 2 "turnstyles" and lui at this point is probably worse then both of them

@norm said:
Its just good to see him without all the pressure of feeling he has to create everything. Playing a lot more freely.

This - the pressure - is the reason Benji shouldn't be wearing th 7\. Irrespective of whether he plays at halfback on the field or not, psychologically he is more comfortable and plays more freely with the 6 on his back.

Tigers forwards dominated, freed up space.

Marshall went well.

It's not rocket science.

Give Marshall & whoever our other half is room to play in, and we'll all be calling them great.

@alex said:
He is dominating the Toyota Cup all over. Other teams are wary of him. Against the Dragons their trainers were on the sidelines yelling to their players when Lui was gonna get the ball. Against the Cows today their defence was standing off because they didnt know what he'd do.

Royce said on WTV a few weeks ago he'd maybe get a run in FG this year. Maybe next year he can play alongside Lewis for BRET to develop his game more. It must be tough having Benji in front of him but we can't let him go. What do we do?

Isn't Lewis leaving?

Seems to me we appear to be saying bengi got to do most of the plays what happens if he gets injured,other guys have got to step up but who thats why we need another play maker half or 5/8 and with respect to moltzen i dont think he is the answer. We have signed some guys who could develop in to the role as well as a couple of guys in the lower grades. As for yesterdays game what would have happen if bengi had been injuried he led the band. Robbie was in disneyland after been king hit for part of the game think about

Yeah… a bloke in front of me always carries on about Marshall... it's annoying...

But he's still in and out of 1st receiver... to be fair... so is Moltzen... I think the difference is Marshall no has a half that can take some of the load in attack of his back... free's up his game and allows him to relax more...

@Black Orange White said:
@alex said:
He is dominating the Toyota Cup all over. Other teams are wary of him. Against the Dragons their trainers were on the sidelines yelling to their players when Lui was gonna get the ball. Against the Cows today their defence was standing off because they didnt know what he'd do.

Royce said on WTV a few weeks ago he'd maybe get a run in FG this year. Maybe next year he can play alongside Lewis for BRET to develop his game more. It must be tough having Benji in front of him but we can't let him go. What do we do?

Isn't Lewis leaving?

Is he? I hadnt heard anything. He went alright against the Bears yesterday. Would be good to hold onto for depth.

Moltzen seems to know when to step in for Marshall. On the other hand Morris was busy and often got in the way through over-eagerness.

In reality, 7 is just a number. Soward, Campese and Lockyer run their side in the 6 jersey as did Thurston and Mullen at a point in their careers.

Latest posts

Back