Massive Glut of Free to air coverage for Tigers

underdog

I just noticed something. which has become now more pronounced.

In years gone by we had a very mixed bag in terms of tv coverage, which fair to say was due to our positioning on the ladder. I know that channel nine and fox sports must outlay a tv schedule approx 9-10 weeks in advance, but have a look at our Free to air coverage this year, starting from round 11 vs the knights:

round 11 vs Knights - Free to air Friday night
round 12 vs Warriors - Free to air Friday night
round 13 vs Bulldogs - Free to air Friday night
round 14 bye
round 15 vs Canberra - Free to air Sunday afternoon
round 16 vs Dragons - Free to air Friday night
round 17 vs Broncos - Free to air Friday night
round 18 vs Gold Coast - Free to air Friday night
round 19 vs Cowboys FOXTEL - Monday night game ***doesn't count***
round 20 vs Manly - Free to air Sunder afternoon

Now, this isn't covering coverage earlier this year, and im sure we have had a friday night game (can't remember it off the top of my head) and a couple of afternoon games, I remember the 44-32 loss to the roosters being a sunday afternoon, and the 35-22 win over canberra being sunday afternoon as well.

I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination, but it sure cements out position as the most entertaining team in rugby league if all channel nine wants to go is cover our games.

The only disadvantage for me is im now finding it harder to justify the foxtel fox sports package to my wife if all the games are now free to air… :laughing:

:laughing: replays with no adds regularly through the week….problem solved... :sunglasses:

@Geo. said:
:laughing: replays with no adds regularly through the week….problem solved... :sunglasses:

For the win! and yes, the sponsors would be absolutely cheering.

@underdog said:

In years gone by we had a very mixed bag in terms of tv coverage, which fair to say was due to our positioning on the ladder. I know that channel nine and fox sports must outlay a tv schedule approx 9-10 weeks in advance, but have a look at our Free to air coverage this year, starting from round 11 vs the knights:

round 14 bye

Now, this isn't covering coverage earlier this year, and im sure we have had a friday night game (can't remember it off the top of my head) and a couple of afternoon games, I remember the 44-32 loss to the roosters being a sunday afternoon, and the 35-22 win over canberra being sunday afternoon as well.

I'm not complaining by any stretch of the imagination, but it sure cements out position as the most entertaining team in rugby league if all channel nine wants to go is cover our games.

The only disadvantage for me is im now finding it harder to justify the foxtel fox sports package to my wife if all the games are now free to air… :laughing:

Cowboys game should of been on Nine's Sunday game. I hate Monday Night Football. Every game at Leichhardt should be on a Sunday Afternoon… :imp: :imp: :imp:

Fantastic!

Here I was just before he season kicked off trying to convince the wife we should Invest in foxtel.
The only reason we wanted it was to watch the footy, but with all the Channel 9 coverage we have gotten there has been no need.
As long as we keep winning I dare say we'll get a few more channl 9 games when scheduling for the the next rounds are announced

@underdog said:

round 14 bye

Well just off the top of my head our FTA games so far this year have been:

rd 2 vs Roosters - Sunday Arvo
rd 3 vs Eels - Friday Night
rd 4 vs Raiders - Sunday Arvo
rd 6 vs Bulldogs - Friday Night
rd 11 vs Knights - Friday Night
rd 12 vs Warriors - Friday Night

So out of our first 20 rounds, 12 of of those will be on FTA with just 6 on Fox Sports (2 byes as well)

I gotta be honest, as a Rugby League fan in general, it should be evened out a lot more to make it fairer for other clubs.

i prefer us on fox…. no adds.... sponsors would either want friday night (live) or super saturday (5.30 or 7.30) those games get the most viewers

wow that is great for sponsorship!

i remember thew days wests would be lucky to get 1 game a year

@innsaneink said:
I'd think 9's sunday game would have to get more than fox's sat niters, with not everyone having PTV

super saturday is the highest rating football of the weekend overall, remember it goes australia wide not just nsw or qld

@underdog said:

round 14 bye
\
\

Same problem here !!!! Argued to get Foxtel after 2005 GF. ALMOST IMMEDIATELY after intallation in 2006 , we seemed to have had more free to air than Foxtel first run games. hurts even more now that im feeling the pennies starting to pinch !!! :brick:

Friday night games are good, I prefer us to be on at 7.30 though. Not a fan of ads every 5 minutes.

@ron burgandy said:
i prefer us on fox…. no adds.... sponsors would either want friday night (live) or super saturday (5.30 or 7.30) those games get the most viewers

Any FTA game rates better than a Fox game. A Super Saturday game rarely gets more than 300,000 viewers nationally. The Sunday Nine game would usually get that figure or better in the Sydney market alone.

I like watching games on Fox Sports, but it's great for the club to have so many of their games on Channel 9.

@Spartan117 said:
Im lovin it, I even like the 2nd game on a Friday Night

Wife and kids to sleep.

Just me and my Bottle of Red

That's Johnny, isn't it, Sparta?
or Tooheys?

Latest posts

Staff online

Back