Mckinnon has to start at FB next game

Mckinnon hamstring is a facade, he just needed to have more ball time to get use to plays…
I hope he gets the nod, I know you guys love the state boys, but Mck will sniff around our forwards which is what we need.

@supercoach said:
@alexaki said:
@supercoach said:
Its pretty simple, bar Gallant we have been playing make shift full backs since Hogo walked out of Concord.

Thats a bit harsh on Hodgo…If my memory serves me right he was told his contract was not going to be extended...he didn't walk out as you put it.

I wasnt pointing the bone at Hogo, poor choice of words "walking out". We all know Hogo would have loved to have stayed but the club wanted to go in another direction.Just another casualty of the salary cap Iam afraid that was introduced to protect clubs like ours

Don't care how far we've come, I still miss Hodgo.

@supercoach said:
We all know Hogo would have loved to have stayed but the club wanted to go in another direction.Just another casualty of the salary cap Iam afraid that was introduced to protect clubs like ours

It had nothing to do with the salary cap. If Wests really wanted to keep Hodgo they could have planned ahead to keep him.

@lathami said:
Mck will sniff around our forwards which is what we need.

Yep and that's why I am ever so confident he is going to be a hit for us. He's also playing for a contract next season, whether it be at the Tigers or elsewhere so I am expecting him to give every game his all really.

I'm more interested in what the next phase is McKinnon doesn't stay on next year. If he does have a stellar 12 rounds I'll be over the moon, but once he goes we're back to square one…

- Do we play another season with makeshift fullbacks?
- Do we chase Mighty Mouse and try to get him back?
- Does Meaney finally get a half a chance to play FG?
- Blood Mullaney?

Two of these are very likely scenarios, I would like to see what the coaching staff are planning to do in regard to this. Its good to see they are bringing McKinnon on board for short term success, but its the long term I'm more worried about. I can't see Ryan in the #1 forever.

It's really disappointing but the fact is we have too many fullbacks and too many halves in the club.

Say McKinnon does stay on ..

Fullbacks -
McKinnon - not contracted for next year
Moltzen
Meaney
Mullaney
(gees they all start with M!) … mighty mouse?!

Halves:
Lui
Moltzen
Lazarus
Taumata

Unfortunately, some of these players will either be stuck in State Cup their whole career or have to move elsewhere to get a chance at first grade.

Forgot about Moltzen in the #1\. Moltzen will probably shift back there unless Lui is injured.

Out of your list of fullbacks there Alex, Moltzen will be the only certainty to stay. The General is looking a little long in the tooth at Canterbury and I reckon Meaney and/or McKinnon will be approached by them. Patten has already hinted at ESL.

I'm willing to bet Lazarus will leave the club. Canberra will probably approach him with a FG contract. Taumata can't get a start but he can't get a contract anywhere else since he's been sacked by half the NRL clubs. Waiting with baited breath for him to get a shot.

For the first time since the merger, we're spoilt for choice in the forwards and backs. It's sad to see guys miss out, but its an enviable position to be in.

we only have to wait a little more over 24 hours to find out if Wade McK will be the fullback.
must admit I am looking forward to see how he does go, when he gets the chance.
could just be "the cranky " back that all teams need to have.

IMO i think moltzen will be playing right centre next year…he should be our 7 but i know sheensy will stick with lui there

Thought he had a very solid debut . Safe & well positioned most of the time.
His support play & running angles will come to the fore with more matches under his belt.

Could be a definte X-factor for the 2nd half of the year.

Back