McKinnon

tig_prmz

McKinnon tonight was amazing. Even though he didn't get the ball, he popped up everywhere he was needed. Whenever Fulton, Benji or Farah made a linebreak, he was always there for support. He really impressed me with that. At the start, people criticised his speed, but now he looks fast. It seems like he has caught up the hard yards and is ready for FG to the maxxx. Although, I don't know how he is under the high ball or is a good last line defender?? Any thoughts on that guys??

He must be due to cross the try line for us soon. He's always hunting around for an opportunity.

yep he was pretty good, I noticed him coming into the line when we were attacking

surely we'd be able to work in some trick plays around mckinnon in the same way that melbourne have moves around slater. im not comparing mckinnon to slater im just saying that we should be able to work something in of the same capacity

The more games he gets the better his chances of picking up those opportunities. Once the team realises what is going on with his support play and it becomes a reflex to look for an offload to him he will really get us on our feet. Astute signing and should develop into a real asset towards the back of the season.

Good game! He is and always will be an opportunist. He loves to be where the action is at in attack and doesn't do a pretty bad job in reading an oppositions one either.
Ive seen quite a bit of his footy because I have the unfortunate news that I am married to a Warrior!!!
But don't dispair,the kids are well and truly TIGERS!!!!
McKinnon=Stability at 1.

Wade has impressed me. He's showed he still has lots of good footy in him and he is fitting into the team nicely. Some of our forwards are yet to get used to the fact they have a fullback ready to run off them but hopefully that will come - around finals time would be nice.

The kick return where he was surrounded by Cowboys players on our line and he just put his head down and charged was great. It was reason enough to convince me he should be at the back for us next year, but I have a feeling it won't happen.

Yea I got to admit I was surprised he didnt get more wraps after last night, he was solid and once we can get a stable forward pack on the park for a few weeks in a row and he starts to learn their game he is going to be a gun come semi finals time.

I was stoked when I saw we signed him,nothing has changed my mind,hope he gets re-signed soon.

Another very good effort from Wade…he is getting better every week.
He's going to be very important to us in the run home.

Not fast and I doubt the pace will ever come back, but can defend,has great positional play, can catch the high ball and can ball play cant ask for much more than that

He's a gun. His problem was a short fuse which he seems to have put away for the moment.

The club is going to have a VERY tough decision to make regarding Wade at some point. He is more than good enough to warrant being resigned, in some ways it's a no brainer but there is the position of both Moltzen and then Lui to think about too. Is Wade someone we want to look at long term or do we want to persist with Lui at 7 and Moltzen at 1\. Or will Sheens opt to move Moltzen to 7 in order to keep Wade and the play Lui in state Cup for the forseeable future??

Personally i would be looking at signing Wade back up. He's definitely made us a stronger team and thats all i need to know.

he is very good, we should be resigning him ASAP.

His pivot play in the first try was very encouraging signs for us.

@coop said:
He's a gun. His problem was a short fuse which he seems to have put away for the moment.

I think that may be due to the fact he's not yet been penalised. Or he could be on his best behaviour until he secures his long term future.

Either way, he's been good for the side and apart from that air swipe at the ball which lead to Mat Rogers' opening try against the Titans, I haven't been able to fault him.

@Tigerpete said:
The club is going to have a VERY tough decision to make regarding Wade at some point. He is more than good enough to warrant being resigned, in some ways it's a no brainer but there is the position of both Moltzen and then Lui to think about too. Is Wade someone we want to look at long term or do we want to persist with Lui at 7 and Moltzen at 1\. Or will Sheens opt to move Moltzen to 7 in order to keep Wade and the play Lui in state Cup for the forseeable future??

Personally i would be looking at signing Wade back up. He's definitely made us a stronger team and thats all i need to know.

I agree with most of your comments Tigerpete. However the club is going to have to make some important decisions eventually re his retention ( I think he should stay) he seems by far the best man for the job at the back since Hodgson, (pity he can't kick goals though). Let Moltzen and Lui fight it out for the half back position. :wink:

Well I think Sheens has been convinced and Moltzen will be playing halfback, pretty sure I read an article someone posted recently with Sheens saying words to that affect

we must resign him…

could you imagine some of the combinations going on next year with marshall, moltzen and mckinnon playing together?

Back