Media Previews..feat Snozz Daley

Preview: Bulldogs v Wests Tigers
Scott Brooks

VENUE & TIME: ANZ Stadium, Friday, June 4, 7.35pm (AEST)
COVERAGE: Channel 9
HEAD TO HEADPlayed 19, Bulldogs 11, Tigers 8
LAST TIME: Bulldogs 24 - Tigers 4 at SFS, Round 6, 2010

WALKING WOUNDED: Both the Bulldogs and Tigers remain unchanged this week, but the Tigers have received some mixed news regarding a couple of their injured players. Hulking winger Taniela Tuiaki (badly broken ankle) is not expected to play at all this season, but on a more positive note, half-back Tim Moltzen is now rated a slight chance of making a return before the finals from a knee injury suffered earlier in the season. Bulldogs pivot Ben Roberts is not expected to make his return from an ankle injury until Round 18.

FORM: There's something massively astray out Canterbury way, with the Bulldogs slumping to their fourth-straight defeat last Sunday - a forgetful 12-23 loss to a severely understrength Melbourne Storm side which was playing for little more than pride. The drama surrounding Ben Hannant's early release to Brisbane was hardly a positive for the club and now we hear that stalwarts Andrew Ryan and Luke Patten could be off to England at the conclusion of the season. Discontent in the kennel possibly?
The Tigers are well and truly back on track, smashing the Warriors 50-6 at Campbelltown last Friday night to confirm much-needed back-to-back victories. They were so dominant in the second stanza that a score of 70-80 points wouldn't have been out of the question had a few more of their passes stuck. The big win moved the merged club up to sixth spot on the NRL ladder and into the positive in terms of for-and-against.

WHO'S HOT: Former Panthers back Geoff Daniela made his first real statement in a Tigers jersey last Friday night when he raced in a hat-trick of tries against the Warriors. A groin injury to regular centre Blake Ayshford has opened the door for the elusive centre to show just what he is capable of in the top grade.

WE THINK: Press the rewind button back a couple of months and the Bulldogs were underperforming and under siege heading into their Round six clash with the Tigers. The result was a morale-boosting 20-point win over the then in-form Wests side in a result that was supposed to kick-start the Doggies' season. It failed to do that, but Friday night's game does present a similar scenario and it wouldn't surprise to see the Bulldogs produce another backs-to-the-wall performance to answer their growing number of critics. The Dogs will be desperate and have a good enough line-up to do the business against opposition that struggles for consistency. Bulldogs by 6.

Canterbury v Wests Tigers
GREG PRICHARD
June 3, 2010

Friday, ANZ Stadium, 7.35pm
Referees: Shayne Hayne and Alan Shortall
Head to head: Bulldogs 11, Tigers 8
Last clash: Bulldogs 24 bt Tigers 4 at Sydney Football Stadium (rd 6, 2010)
TAB SportsBet: Tigers $1.70, Bulldogs $2.10
FootyTab: Bulldogs +2.5

These two teams met in round six, when the Bulldogs won 24-4\. The Bulldogs won again the following week, over the Broncos, but since then have lost four straight - against the Eels, Dragons, Panthers and Storm. It's been a tough draw for them, but they've still been disappointing. The Storm were without Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith and Brett White, but still the Bulldogs couldn't get into the game. They trailed 23-0 before clawing back late to make it 23-12.

That loss to the Bulldogs was the start of a slump for the Tigers, who went on to make it four straight losses. The Panthers, Roosters and Rabbitohs were the other teams that beat them. But the 50-10 loss to the Rabbitohs really shook them up, and was the catalyst for a revival over the last two rounds. They have beaten the Knights and Warriors, scoring a total of 73 points and conceding just 12\. The Bulldogs have had injuries, but are getting close to full strength again. That makes them dangerous, but the Tigers deserve slight favouritism.

@willow said:
Scott Brooks

VENUE & TIME: ANZ Stadium, Friday, June 4, 7.35pm (AEST)
COVERAGE: Channel 9
HEAD TO HEADPlayed 19, Bulldogs 11, Tigers 8
LAST TIME: Bulldogs 24 - Tigers 4 at SFS, Round 6, 2010

WALKING WOUNDED: Both the Bulldogs and Tigers remain unchanged this week, but the Tigers have received some mixed news regarding a couple of their injured players. Hulking winger Taniela Tuiaki (badly broken ankle) is not expected to play at all this season, but on a more positive note, half-back **Tim Moltzen is now rated a slight chance of making a return before the finals from a knee injury suffered earlier in the season**. Bulldogs pivot Ben Roberts is not expected to make his return from an ankle injury until Round 18.

FORM: There's something massively astray out Canterbury way, with the Bulldogs slumping to their fourth-straight defeat last Sunday - a forgetful 12-23 loss to a severely understrength Melbourne Storm side which was playing for little more than pride. The drama surrounding Ben Hannant's early release to Brisbane was hardly a positive for the club and now we hear that stalwarts Andrew Ryan and Luke Patten could be off to England at the conclusion of the season. Discontent in the kennel possibly?
The Tigers are well and truly back on track, smashing the Warriors 50-6 at Campbelltown last Friday night to confirm much-needed back-to-back victories. They were so dominant in the second stanza that a score of 70-80 points wouldn't have been out of the question had a few more of their passes stuck. The big win moved the merged club up to sixth spot on the NRL ladder and into the positive in terms of for-and-against.

WHO'S HOT: Former Panthers back Geoff Daniela made his first real statement in a Tigers jersey last Friday night when he raced in a hat-trick of tries against the Warriors. A groin injury to regular centre Blake Ayshford has opened the door for the elusive centre to show just what he is capable of in the top grade.

WE THINK: Press the rewind button back a couple of months and the Bulldogs were underperforming and under siege heading into their Round six clash with the Tigers. The result was a morale-boosting 20-point win over the then in-form Wests side in a result that was supposed to kick-start the Doggies' season. It failed to do that, but Friday night's game does present a similar scenario and it wouldn't surprise to see the Bulldogs produce another backs-to-the-wall performance to answer their growing number of critics. The Dogs will be desperate and have a good enough line-up to do the business against opposition that struggles for consistency. Bulldogs by 6.

For real??? would be a miricle

@willow said:
Scott Brooks
\
\
, half-back Tim Moltzen is now rated a slight chance of making a return before the finals from a knee injury suffered earlier in the season. .

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

@Kaiser said:
@Moron Daley said:
The Tigers probably have more points in them, but I see the Bulldogs getting up in their face and grinding out a much-needed win.

This makes NO sense…. we have more points... but they grind out a win... huh

I thought that when i read it…..how can the bulldogs win if they score less points?

Where would we be putting moltzen if he makes a return, we didnt buy mckinnon for nothing and Lui and Marshall are growing in stature… and with both Asyhford and Daniela playing pretty good footy, the former till he got injured, i don't know where we will find a space for him?

@smeghead said:
I always feel more confident when Horny McWhack Whack tips against us

Who the heck is Horny McWhack??? Is he mates with McLovin???

@alien said:
@smeghead said:

Who the heck is Horny McWhack??? Is he mates with McLovin???

I think Horny McWhack Whack… (aka Tooley), is in Reference to Laurie Daley's characteristic post match celebration ritual.

...Horny McWack Whack... isn't that from Mission Hill??

Laurie 'Big Nose' Daley is a genius. He knows what he is talking about. He says things like "You need to score points if you are to beat QLD" and "If Manly get off to a good start then anything could happen".

@alien said:
Laurie 'Big Nose' Daley is a genius. He knows what he is talking about. He says things like "You need to score points if you are to beat QLD" and "If Manly get off to a good start then anything could happen".

:laughing: just like his quality tips.

i really hate this dooshbag, and he's probably gonna be NSW's SOO coach in a few years oh dear :neutral_face:

@smeghead said:

Yeah same, the blokes a drop kick.

BTW great avatar…..."needs more cowbell" :laughing:

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:
Where would we be putting moltzen if he makes a return, we didnt buy mckinnon for nothing and Lui and Marshall are growing in stature… and with both Asyhford and Daniela playing pretty good footy, the former till he got injured, i don't know where we will find a space for him?

Actually we did, the Tigers are not paying McKinnon a cent for the remainder of this season, it's up to Wade to produce the goods on the field if the Tigers decide to keep him.

It has to be said that there were not that many footballers around that could match Daley in his prime. He was arguably the best player in the world when the Super League War broke out. Back then he didn't think even twice before running straight into News Ltd's warm embrace… and I've hated him ever since. Along with the Raiders and the other 3 Sydney teams that threw the babies out with the bath water.

When he tried working for Nine a few years back... he got the Rebbecca Wilson treatment and it wasn't long before he went running back to Fox.

@Eye Of Wests Tigers said:

Id have him at half, although I wouldn't play him until next year.

I mean Lui is good, but Moltzen is awesome. 8 from 8 :sign:

@TIGERS said:
It has to be said that there were not that many footballers around that could match Daley in his prime. He was arguably the best player in the world when the Super League War broke out. Back then he didn't think even twice before running straight into News Ltd's warm embrace… and I've hated him ever since. Along with the Raiders and the other 3 Sydney teams that threw the babies out with the bath water.

When he tried working for Nine a few years back... he got the Rebbecca Wilson treatment and it wasn't long before he went running back to Fox.

I remember during the Super League/ARL war Big Nose said he would rather play AFL than go back to the ARL. :laughing:

@steven_tiger said:
From Daley:

Canterbury-Bankstown v Wests Tigers, ANZ Stadium, Friday, 7.35pm (EST)

The Bulldogs have hit rock bottom and are really struggling to find any confidence. They are now taking on a Tigers outfit that were in exactly the same position a few weeks back, but have managed to turn it around. It’s desperation time and I think the Bulldogs will respond. I haven’t been convinced with the Tigers so this clash should provide Tim Sheens’s men with their biggest test. The Tigers probably have more points in them, but I see the Bulldogs getting up in their face and grinding out a much-needed win.
\
\
\
What a surprise, against us again.

Daley was right about one thing, the Tigers had more points in em. I will say it again he is a dead set tool!

@Snowy said:
@steven_tiger said:
From Daley:

Canterbury-Bankstown v Wests Tigers, ANZ Stadium, Friday, 7.35pm (EST)

The Bulldogs have hit rock bottom and are really struggling to find any confidence. They are now taking on a Tigers outfit that were in exactly the same position a few weeks back, but have managed to turn it around. It’s desperation time and I think the Bulldogs will respond. I haven’t been convinced with the Tigers so this clash should provide Tim Sheens’s men with their biggest test. The Tigers probably have more points in them, but I see the Bulldogs getting up in their face and grinding out a much-needed win.
\
\
\
What a surprise, against us again.

Daley was right about one thing, the Tigers had more points in em. I will say it again he is a dead set tool!

I think what the Snozz meant (Well this is what I think he meant) was: "If the Tigers play to their potential they will score a lot of points and be far to strong for the Dogs. If the roles are reversed then the Dogs will grind out a tough low scoring win"…. Which didnt happen anyway :laughing:

Back