Memories

happy_tiger

If you go back further, it was relentless. Changa could time it perfectly. He could arrive at precisely the right time to do some dental extractions.
Do you remember Colin Scott’s last game?
In the NRL ... no ....in Townsville yes ....broke one of the Dixon brothers jaw ....got 18 months ....retired .....pretty sure he lives at Hervey Bay now

twentyforty

The first 1-0 result?
Bigtom, you could be right, but the time these two teams met in the semi final was significant because it resulted in a 12 all draw. There was no alternative but to schedule a rematch at the Sydney Sports Ground on the following Tuesday. I remember it well, because I turned up for work on the Monday and my boss told me I had to have tomorrow off to play in the curtain raiser.
Jack Gibson coached the bluebags and Changa was Captain Coach of Dragons. The game was unexpected and drew a small crowd of 28k. Helped myself to a couple of beers from the jets shed, courtesy of a generous sponsor, and sat on the hill to watch the 2nd half. 😁

Cobarcats

Staff member
Forum Leader
Bigtom, you could be right, but the time these two teams met in the semi final was significant because it resulted in a 12 all draw. There was no alternative but to schedule a rematch at the Sydney Sports Ground on the following Tuesday. I remember it well, because I turned up for work on the Monday and my boss told me I had to have tomorrow off to play in the curtain raiser.
Jack Gibson coached the bluebags and Changa was Captain Coach of Dragons. The game was unexpected and drew a small crowd of 28k. Helped myself to a couple of beers from the jets shed, courtesy of a generous sponsor, and sat on the hill to watch the 2nd half. 😁
Keep em coming 20-40. This is awesome.
Let's do more like this but leave it up for about 5 or so replies before giving the answer. Like a preseason guessing comp to ease the boredom. Love it! 😻

Halbrowne61

Keep em coming 20-40. This is awesome.
Let's do more like this but leave it up for about 5 or so replies before giving the answer. Like a preseason guessing comp to ease the boredom. Love it! 😻
And I was going to go for the 1-0 score line !
Gotta love the memories.

twentyforty

And I was going to go for the 1-0 score line !
Gotta love the memories.
I think Pringle captained the jets and they had a reputation as a very good defensive team. Dragons threw everything at them without breaking their resolve. I could be wrong but I don’t think there were points scored in the 2nd half?

Halbrowne61

I think Pringle captained the jets and they had a reputation as a very good defensive team. Dragons threw everything at them without breaking their resolve. I could be wrong but I don’t think there were points scored in the 2nd half?
Fifty years ago 20/40 but think you are correct.
I would say both defences were on top that day.

pawsandclaws1

Because Jack played for both Balmain and Wests, this is relevant. From 2.12 watch Jack's cover tackle on McIndoe who as known as the Emerald Express. Tedesco would not make that tackle and I doubt if the great Billy Slater would make it either.

Halbrowne61

Because Jack played for both Balmain and Wests, this is relevant. From 2.12 watch Jack's cover tackle on McIndoe who as known as the Emerald Express. Tedesco would not make that tackle and I doubt if the great Billy Slater would make it either.

That’s enough evidence for those who haven’t seen him play.
“Jimmy” was a star in his day and why he was named as the best full back in the game, of his era. I’m not gonna say ever but he is up there.
Some great memories in that tape. Thanks PC1