Mental Health Discussion

My mother died of apparent accidental suicide on Sunday aged 66. She was caring for 2 of my adult brothers (mid to late thirties), one with severe mental health issues and the other similar but also raging alcoholic, in and out of rehab. Their Psych says to be prepared for them not to make it - saw him yesterday to make a plan but he was shocked by mums plight. I have my own young family to look after so can’t do a lot (and it’s hard to grieve worrying about so much shit) but we’ll see how this NDIS thing goes and assisting living etc. Brothers are raiders fans but mum supported both Tigers / raiders. Don’t know why I am sharing here but there you go.

My mother died of apparent accidental suicide on Sunday aged 66. She was caring for 2 of my adult brothers (mid to late thirties), one with severe mental health issues and the other similar but also raging alcoholic, in and out of rehab. Their Psych says to be prepared for them not to make it - saw him yesterday to make a plan but he was shocked by mums plight. I have my own young family to look after so can’t do a lot (and it’s hard to grieve worrying about so much shit) but we’ll see how this NDIS thing goes and assisting living etc. Brothers are raiders fans but mum supported both Tigers / raiders. Don’t know why I am sharing here but there you go.
That's a terribly sad story. I'm so sorry for your loss but hope that your mother has found peace. It sounds like her last years would have been pretty tough. My mother used to say "don't judge until you've walked a mile in my shoes". My best wishes to you and your family.

I can only hope your brothers can turn this
Unfortunate situation into a positive by doing
well & not regressing. It's hard to stay on top
Of things when you have your own family &
problems to deal with. Best you can do is be
there when you can and encourage them to stay
engaged with their providers & doctors.

Condolences for the loss of your mother 🙏🏼

Terrible mate. Condolences.

Words are never adequate in this situation,condolences to you and your family.

This is a tough run mate. Very distressing.
I hope those close to you and the family can rally in some way to help you through it.

I'm sure every family has been affected by mental health issues, as has mine.
It is a journey like no other.
My heart feels for anyone trying to cope.
Funny, we sort of brush things aside but there is no escape.
And the celebrity that always brings it all home to me is Robin Williams.

Great strength to all of us.

I'm sure every family has been affected by mental health issues, as has mine.
It is a journey like no other.
My heart feels for anyone trying to cope.
Funny, we sort of brush things aside but there is no escape.
And the celebrity that always brings it all home to me is Robin Williams.

Great strength to all of us.
Hope you're doing well mate?

This is a great quote by Robin Williams. "I used to think that the worst thing in life was to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone."

NDIS carers were excellent for my son's mother with a terminal illness. Rest assured NDIS is a great initiative to assist those in need. Sorry to learn of yur mun's death. Mums are the best.

Latest posts

Back