Message to CEO re ANZ

I love Leichhardt and Campbelltown to watch footy as the atmosphere is great however ANZ is great to watch footy at when it is full and has way better amenities.

How can you beat the membership price and options?

Take 6 there next year

ANZ just seems so comfy. Went to a couple of cricket games at ANZ as well- it's a really relaxed atmosphere. As a uni student, I love how cheap it is but still refuse to pay for the $5 chips even with 5% discount.

If I smuggle some food and drinks in with a bunch of mates, ANZ is the place to be.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Feelings on ANZ from a Leichardt boy.

I went along on Friday. Don't mind Olympic Park, although a round game crowd does tend to rattle around in there. Souths put a giant rabbitohs jumper over the top tier seats to try and hide all the empty space and pumped artificial crowd noise through the PA, but weren't really fooling anyone.

That said we got an easy park in P1, down in the basement so we could drive straight out. The Tigers membership girls gave us way better seats than I think we were supposed to have, although I decided to move into the 401-404 section with the other members. Still a pretty good view. Easy access to toilets, bad overpriced food and the smoking section.

The Bunnies tried to press their home ground advantage with a short film about how much better they are than Wests Tigers, in which they tried to rub it in about being forced to merge. Still they haven't won a premiership in my lifetime, or even made a grand final so that rang a bit hollow. Seemed like bad sportsmanship though.

It was honestly the quietest I've been in a game ever. I'm usually jumping around the hill in my Tiger suit like a spastic getting exited and yelling at refs. Sitting with the members in my onesie I felt like a puppy who's been allowed to sit on the couch just this once. I was on my best behaviour sitting with the grownups. I also walked in and out of the stadium without being hugged by strangers. That would never happen at Leichardt.

Convenient, good value, lacks that bit of mongrel.

@alex said:
Having been to every ground in the NRL, there's pros and cons of ANZ.

I was up on Level 4 too, and whilst it's a great view up there with great amenities, you are so far away from the action. Horizontally, it's probably 50m from the sideline. Stadiums like Newcastle have very vertical grandstands (your feet are pretty much at the top of the seat in the row in front). You get that birds eye view and feel on top of the game. ANZ was poorly designed IMO

wasnt designed poorly, it was designed poorly for rugby league. Not a rectangular stadium, so you feel far away.

But despite that, i like ANZ. If more people got behind it we could start averaging 25k there. the 30k+ games are quite enjoyable even at ANZ.

How good was tigers vs eels? best game ive been to in a while

@innsaneink said:
I think I saw you Cosimo as we were entering, two blokes in similar tiger onezees???
Gate B

Yeah I was sitting in Gate B too, I saw 2 blokes in onezees aswell. Next year I wanna buy a membership where I can sit at the 50 metre line. I don't care how much it costs I hate sitting at the corner of the ground, especially when the ground is oval shaped. You feel so far away even though your only 4 rows away from the ground.. P.s did you see the guy shouting at the boys in the 10th row, bloody hilarious! I'm sorry If it was you.. LOL jks jks :roll

@Knuckles said:
I'm with STT …..... I'd have 6 Cambo 6 LO if I had my way.

Would you pay an extra $100 per year in membership fees to fund that option?

I've been to each ANZ game this year. The atmosphere can be good, provided the team give us something to cheer about. The 1st game vs Souths was amazing. The 2nd game vs Souths was depressing.

Sitting up on level 4, when you hear the noise coming up from the concourse, is pretty cool. There was a lot of noise in the game vs Parra.

I absolutely hated the feel of the Souths home game. The intro for their players where they burst out of the statue thing was completely laughable. The microphones for the burrow and prerecorded chants were embarrassing attempts to make some atmosphere. And that video before the game, where they talked about the Souths vs Wests/Tigers was sheer propaganda. What did it say about 1909? That Balmain were trying to bankrupt the NSWRL??? But then, it is their home ground, so it is hard for away fans to complain. And I guess I wouldn't have been so annoyed if our boys had put in a better performance.

Overall, I would prefer suburban games, but we couldn't fit over 20k in our home grounds. I went with the ANZ membership because the price was too good to refuse. Seating is comfortable. I am dry if it rains. The view is not as good, but not too bad. Food prices are ridiculous, and I hate having to pay $20 for parking. But taking the kids, you can't always avoid these problems.

We have won 3 out of our last thirteen games there…3

I hope the seat was comfy and ur pie was nice!!

And peeps wanna play more games there.

Dead set insanity!!!

if the nrl wants to expand, more and more games need to be taken to big stadiums like ANZ. if it wasn't for the ANZ membership deal this year, we would've struggled to even hit 5K members this year.

When you consider our poor crowds at Leichhardt and Cambo this year, it doesn't really help the argument.

The Parra game this year at ANZ was one of the best games/atmosphere non-finals tigers games I've been to in recent years.

I just like the fact the club is making an effort to make the ANZ package more appealing.

The argument is clear to me…we win games at home and not at ANZ........

Its up to us to turn up at home....

@simonthetiger said:
The argument is clear to me…we win games at home and not at ANZ........

Its up to us to turn up at home....

correlation does not equate to causation.

we play teams like canberra, cowboys, sharks etc. at suburban grounds whereas we play teams like rabbits, dogs, roosters at anz.

I seem to remember fans using the old 'we dont win there' argument to not have games played at Campbelltown years ago. Now we're using that argument to have games played there. Bit weird, but never the less its a terrible excuse for losing games in blaming the venue.

ANZ is the place to be and until (if ever) we build a purpose built stadium it is the future. Campbelltown is also good but as for Leichhardt, someone please put it down humanely.

There's nothing better than a packed leichhardt oval and I'd rather spend my money on local businesses for food & drinks before and after a game (compared to the BS prices and quality that ANZ provide ) … Mid strength bourbon ..shit !
I never have any problems parking at either Campbelltown or leichhardt .The only problem I have at leichhardt is if your on the hill with the kids when it's packed and the fans on the hill stand up the kids can't see anything .
( they're now to heavy to put on my shoulders )!
I'm all for a purpose built stadium at Campbelltown
But it needs to be built like a larger version of All Phones Arena (colosseum like ) ... Steeper sides with at least a 40k capacity . People complain about the facilities at out suburban grounds ( bars and toilets )..but I don't see the problem .. The game only goes for 80 minutes !
If ya want to visit a shit hole go to brookvale oval !!!

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Back