Michael Gordon

B

blades1964

Not sure if anyone listened to Brandy & Gibbs tonight? A Penrith fan Emailed asking Brandy for an update on contract negotiations for a couple of players including Michael Gordon.
Brandy said Gordon's future should be sorted out this week and mentioned a club who is struggling with a goal kicker has made a late offer (the Shark's have always been keen on Gordon). With Taniella's future in doubt and our goal kicking being a concern, it is likely that club is the Tigers.
IMO, one of the best goalkickers going around, and possesses plenty of pace

hope so, he is a good player and good goal kicker! hope it isnt at the expense of TNT though =(

Wwould be sad if tnt was let go, i saw him in the tele watching on the sidelines and it makes me sad to think the tank might be forced to retire :frowning: . Good news if gordon signs though, but wont be putting any bets on it.

It would be a welcome boost if we could pick up Gordon for next year. His high percentage goalkicking would make us a so much more formidable opposition. Where does that leave TNT, hopefully in the utility bench position in place of Fitzhenry. TNT would fit the bill perfectly, someone who can play in the backs and someone who can play in the forwards.

@hybrid_tiger said:
I would be all over him.

like a rash…....... :laughing:

you'd be mad not to have a crack at signing him.......whether or not we can afford him is another thing

Yeah Lote is enough of the cap for a winger. Most clubs don't spend money on wingers at all. They just use awesome youngsters until they fulfil their potential then move them on for more awesome youngsters.

Re-sign with Penrith next week…

Going to the Sharkies...

Signed by Wests Tigers...two months ago...

Take your pick.....

Seriously Gordon would be a great buy..

Is he a right wing? We do have plenty of options coming through, including the possibility of Mullaney playing wing if we keep him. His goal kicking is a great asset though…

I'm just not sure we should be spending to much on another winger, with the talent in 20's. Better saying no to this one and save some coin for a Forward like Cranky Franky who can play well up front, second row and a great option for the bench???

A guy at work today told me its between the Sharks and us. Than if its true Wade Grahame has signed with the Cowboys than one would think some of his money will go towards resigning Gordon. Anyway would be a top buy, wing is no longer a place you hide a player, its one of the hardest gigs in a football team and Gordon is a good winger as well as a top goal kicker

@Tiger Watto said:
Is he a right wing? We do have plenty of options coming through, including the possibility of Mullaney playing wing if we keep him. His goal kicking is a great asset though…

I'm just not sure we should be spending to much on another winger, with the talent in 20's. Better saying no to this one and save some coin for a Forward like Cranky Franky who can play well up front, second row and a great option for the bench???

Gordon is a right wing mate. Not sure I'd go for him either, there are a couple of wingers in the NTC who look likely for FG in the next couple of years IMO.

Back