Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could also be the Cowboys with how Payten and Taumalolo but like you said it could all just be media dribble
Yep could be Cows - Even Manly had a player that played 8 minutes and a player that played 1 minute off the bench

I don't like saying it but while ever madge is coach in my opinion the tigers will never do any good. I can't believe fans are still backing him I've been a tigers supporter for ever. I've never seen a coach so hopeless and needs to go like I've said many times. I certainly don't expect fans to agree with my post. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I tell you how much confidence I have in madge I got on sports bet and got $3.50 for the wooden spoon. I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I doubt it. Watch this space they will be lucky to win a game with madge as coach. If only fans would listen that he has to go. Theirs heaps better coaches than him I hope he packs his bags and leaves instead of dragging the club down to his level shame on you madge your no good please leave the club

I don't like saying it but while ever madge is coach in my opinion the tigers will never do any good. I can't believe fans are still backing him I've been a tigers supporter for ever. I've never seen a coach so hopeless and needs to go like I've said many times. I certainly don't expect fans to agree with my post. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I tell you how much confidence I have in madge I got on sports bet and got $3.50 for the wooden spoon. I could be wrong in what I'm saying but I doubt it. Watch this space they will be lucky to win a game with madge as coach. If only fans would listen that he has to go. Theirs heaps better coaches than him I hope he packs his bags and leaves instead of dragging the club down to his level shame on you madge your no good please leave the club

I saw Jason Taylor Terry Lamb and Alan Jones coach my club and they are far and away the worst coaches i have seen in the last 60 years.All coaches have faults but Madge is not even close to be being as pathetic as they were

I don't like saying it but while ever madge is coach in my opinion the tigers will never do any good. I can't believe fans are still backing him I've been a tigers supporter for ever. I've never seen a coach so hopeless and needs to go like I've said many times.

You've been a Tigers fan forever but cant seem to remember Terry Lamb or Jason Taylor?

You've been a Tigers fan forever but cant seem to remember Terry Lamb or Jason Taylor?
Selective memory....it conveniently appears when a supporter wants the coach gone because it doesnt suit what he wants,most of us can understand the mess Madge had and the squad he had to win with,now we have youth mixed with experience that still have to gel as a unit ,and its been 1 round...not real sure how many good coaches are available if Madge got the sack tomorrow...

I never understood wayne pearce or michael potter leaving .Terry Lamb and Jason Taylor were not up to it whilst ivan cleary's tenure was a sham.
Tim sheens delivered wests tigers a premiership and how memorable was that.To quote warren ryan the orange or lemon was squeezed dry and sheens was moved on.Ironically,Sheens ,in his new role, is seen as a club saviour.Time heels all wounds,I suppose.
As for the current bloke,who knows.Like all supporters, i want to enjoy watching the Wests Tigers play footy.They were poor during most of 2021.
Ill cheer for Peachey,Gildart and Hastings in the hope may provide something new in 2022.If not,groundhog day.

I think we will have a new coach for 2023. But who do we get.
Ben Gardiner is one option but there’s also Kristian Woolf who is off contract after this year I think it’ll be one of those 2 that get the job if we do have a new coach for 23, Ciraldo I doubt will leave Panthers to come to Tigers you can bet Ivan has been in his ear plus from what I heard we tried for him already and he said no, Tigers didn’t trust Flanagan to not even hire him as an assistant coach for us after what happened last time he was coach, it could be someone else that gets the job but I’m leaning towards either Gardiner or Woolf if Madge isn’t coach for 23

Ben Gardiner is one option but there’s also Kristian Woolf who is off contract after this year I think it’ll be one of those 2 that get the job if we do have a new coach for 23, Ciraldo I doubt will leave Panthers to come to Tigers you can bet Ivan has been in his ear plus from what I heard we tried for him already and he said no, Tigers didn’t trust Flanagan to not even hire him as an assistant coach for us after what happened last time he was coach, it could be someone else that gets the job but I’m leaning towards either Gardiner or Woolf if Madge isn’t coach for 23
I don’t think Ivan would need to be in Ciraldo’s ear, I think he could see for himself what a poisoned chalice the position is. This is not the club for a rookie coach to be cutting his teeth. Look what it’s doing to a coach whose already won a premiership

I have not been a Madge fan, but one week is too soon to be calling for him to go. I thought we competed pretty well against the Storm in all areas except goal line defence. We all can see it, so should Madge. Let's see where we are sitting after round 6. If we are 0-6 or even 1-5, the drums will be beating in more places than this forum.

Has anyone thought to throw billy slater into the mix. I like some of the points he raises in commentary. Would attract players especially backs.

I saw Jason Taylor Terry Lamb and Alan Jones coach my club and they are far and away the worst coaches i have seen in the last 60 years.All coaches have faults but Madge is not even close to be being as pathetic as they were
You’ve gotta wonder what the club was thinking, hiring Terry Lamb or Jason Taylor?
I’m guessing the board were backed into a corner with budgetary constraints?
Regardless, we now have a recognised coach with a great record of success, who has successfully weeded out some older layabouts on big bucks, including admin guys in the football department. We now have an experienced football department showing already that they can build a quality team.
Sacking people not only doesn’t improve chances for success, but what you find is quite the reverse, it has a negative impact, particularly on club morale.
I doubt Bellamy would have been as good, had it not been for Tim Sheens.
The club is moving in the right direction now, trying to get the best from everyone.

You’ve gotta wonder what the club was thinking, hiring Terry Lamb or Jason Taylor?
I’m guessing the board were backed into a corner with budgetary constraints?
Regardless, we now have a recognised coach with a great record of success, who has successfully weeded out some older layabouts on big bucks, including admin guys in the football department. We now have an experienced football department showing already that they can build a quality team.
Sacking people not only doesn’t improve chances for success, but what you find is quite the reverse, it has a negative impact, particularly on club morale.
I doubt Bellamy would have been as good, had it not been for Tim Sheens.
The club is moving in the right direction now, trying to get the best from everyone.
Have to agree with your point re sacking coaches....its got us a bad reputation and nowhere near finals footy...
Potter should have been the best outcome at the time,but once again the forces within the club wouldnt let that happen...
Ivan should have seen his contract out,but blood is thicker than water and wanted to coach his son...he should have done the right thing by us..that one is on Ivan not the club...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back