Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know you're raking the piss

On topic... It's Rd 1 a bit early for sacking calls
Especially when there was so much enthusiasm over the summer. More than I have ever seen in all my time on the forum.

we showed some good signs and then fell in a heap in the second 40. not going to write off everything we did over the summer just yet though, let's see how they fare this weekend. left edge of Brooks, Kelma, Gildart and Maumalo needs some fine tuning defensively to put it lightly. if we don't sort that out Gagai is going to have a field day come 4pm Sunday.

we showed some good signs and then fell in a heap in the second 40. not going to write off everything we did over the summer just yet though, let's see how they fare this weekend. left edge of Brooks, Kelma, Gildart and Maumalo needs some fine tuning defensively to put it lightly. if we don't sort that out Gagai is going to have a field day come 4pm Sunday.
Which side is gagai on

Gildart or jets

let's see how we go against Newcastle and warriors and Titans very winnable games
we can easily be 3 wins 1 loss from 4 games
I think the bookie’s will give you long odds for 3 from 4 and very short odds 0 from 4

Gildart's. Best is on Roberts' side. both of them are going to cop a bath.

Best struggles with lateral defensive reads and often comes up & infield off the defensive line, if they hit Lucy up a few times on the inside shoulder and then Hastings goes quickly out the back to JTJ and gives him early ball his jink/speed will create some half chances. Defensively I'm nervous on both sides. Gagai looks happy and has started the season well. The Knights are a well balanced team.

Ponga up the middle is a special to create a line break if we defend like we have in the trials and against the Storm.

With any luck Gagai was thinking last week was an Origin match and this week it's back to normal club footy.

I saw enough of a change in the way we played as a team in round 1 to think that the tigers of the last 15 years are on the way out.

Tons to do still
I agree. While our round one performance was less than inspiring, we have to remember that Melbourne are a seasoned team who know how to get themselves out of those situations. That same performance against a team that is not Melbourne or Penrith probably gets a win.

Still too early to make a call on Madge. We need to see how we follow-up. The classic trend our team follows is to follow a gutsy loss with a diabolical loss. If the Knights thrash us on Sunday, then alarm bells should ring.

Last edited:
I agree. While our round one performance was less than inspiring, we have to remember that Melbourne are a seasoned team who know how to get themselves out of those situations. That same performance against a team that is not Melbourne or Penrith probably gets a win.

Still too early to make a call on Madge. We need to see how we follow-up. The classic trend our team follows is to follow a gutsy loss with a diabolical loss. If the Knights thrash us on Sunday, then alarm bells should ring.

The Storm were ripe for the picking. A few big names out, than lose a member of the spine early and they are forced into a 15 man rotation. I think maybe bar one or two other teams, the Storm would have got a touch up.

Not saying we played badly, just played dumb. Sadly our spine is not NRL standard and that is why can’t close out games

We go okay against Newcastle for whatever reason probably because they too are a little soft mentally.

Thought we got away from the game plan a little in SH too. Ken is a real weapon was used but could be more so. Luc wasn't used enough imo.

Madge has changed a few things for the better it seems but bench use was poor, and probably cost us.

That's on him.

The Cat could only be a couple of people on the weekends performance.
I think the person in the following story is the one targeted as the cat.

There are 3 leaps of faith in that story. The first is assuming the story is true. The second is believing we are the club in question. And the third is assuming the player in question.
Could also be the Cowboys with how Payten and Taumalolo but like you said it could all just be media dribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back