Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could be only one reason the CEO hasn’t made a public statement. The board is split on the decision and has been since the previous review. It’s all excruciatingly embarrassing. This is why have difficulty finding leaders on the field. We have none in the boardroom.

Agree & rightfully so.

Madge has made a big difference to us behind the scenes and his CV we won't get a better one if we want experience. He is also passionate about what he does and the club.

The issue though is he hasn't got the results on the field which creates doubt as to if he is the right person to lead us moving forward.

I just hope that regardless what happens for the rest of the year if Madge stays he stays for next year as well & we see the plan out. If he leaves we have someone already lined up ready to go be it immediately or end of season.

I put every media bebacle down to this clown.
If he wants to get the big bucks he needs to earn them, and earn the trust of the supporters.
He seems to only want to be seen when it suits him, like when there is a WT doco on or when announcing player signings.
What CEO of a company would allow their product to be defamed and fend for themselves.
What CEO would allow his employees to be attacked by others, to fend for themselves.
Players and coaches all have managers but in the end they all work for WT.
I'm sorry to all the Pascoe supporters, but this guy needs to be available to answer the hard questions, after all the buck should stop with him. There is no transparency.
We are continuing to look like a circus because we don't have "Captain" steering the ship.... absolute circus.

View attachment 1328
u wot m8

Nice pic. I will use it as my avatar.
#PascoeBestCEO

Agree & rightfully so.

Madge has made a big difference to us behind the scenes and his CV we won't get a better one if we want experience. He is also passionate about what he does and the club.

The issue though is he hasn't got the results on the field which creates doubt as to if he is the right person to lead us moving forward.

I just hope that regardless what happens for the rest of the year if Madge stays he stays for next year as well & we see the plan out. If he leaves we have someone already lined up ready to go be it immediately or end of season.

If only he could coach footy

Key powerbroker = Lee or he is making stuff up.

If it is Benny we know he has no idea, recently Benny openly said he has been removed from alot of the Wests Tigers activities & kept in the dark on things like the rest of the fans.

It seems we have really closed up our business which is good.
We just need to shut Benny’s big mouth now.

Reactions: BZN
I think it would be a massive mistake to let Maguire go.

Firstly, look at his roster. No one wants to come to the tigers and there are three little bches who've reneged on their contracts in the last few years (Moses, Mastterson and Aloiai).
His roster is paper thin.

Practically the entire backline playing recently are kids or guys who've hardly played for the club.

The forwards not so much, but not huge numbers of games.

He has gone through such a tough time and it is his resilience and conviction they'll get through if they stick to the proceeds that makes me believe he is exactly who they need.

Koroisau and Papali'i are going to be huge and will help the young forwards no end. The kids playing now will benefit immensely from this season.

Add another good back rower and (please!) a big strike centre and things will fall into place.

He deserves the chance to coach the team he is building.

He deserves to reap the benefits of the culture he is building and the payoff WHEN it's comes.

Please stick with this guy!

It's absurd....
Buzz said "Spoke to key Powerbrokers at the club, Madge is getting sacked after Sundays game"

In the next breath he says, "I can't get anyone from the club to confirm it, They're not answering calls - or returning calls, I can't get hold of them"

Aren't they the same people?
There's actually a family at the club, they are members; their surname is Powerbrokers. Terry and Maude Powerbrokers and their son Kenny.

If Buzz couldn't reach the "key" Powerbrokers then I assume he spoke to Kenny Powerbrokers. Unfortunately Kenny doesn't know shit.

I'm loving the Club's silence. They'll say things when they want to say. FoxSports is releasing 5 articles a day claiming one thing then another.

They know just as much as the 1000 other posters do on here. The Club doesn't need to answer to anyone. Take your time, do what's best. Everyone in the club needs to learn to ignore the media.
I understand what you are saying and agree on most parts but for me when the media is damaging your Brand and harassment on your head coach daily its a concern to me.
They don't have to come out every day but its getting out of control now and can see why players don't want to come here.. Where is the Leadership from the club that represents the players, Members and Sponsors ??
They would know if they are keeping Madge or not so IMO Grow some balls and make the call so we don't hear about it every day because they will not stop.

There's actually a family at the club, they are members; their surname is Powerbrokers. Terry and Maude Powerbrokers and their son Kenny.

If Buzz couldn't reach the "key" Powerbrokers then I assume he spoke to Kenny Powerbrokers. Unfortunately Kenny doesn't know shit.
Key Powerbrokers is Kenny's cousin. He lives in Spain, so I doubt he'd have any idea as to what was happening at Concord.

I understand what you are saying and agree on most parts but for me when the media is damaging your Brand and harassment on your head coach daily its a concern to me.

I don't get this comment. How is our brand being damaged ?

Why make a statement ?

I think the best thing to do is be completely calm and rational rather than being emotional and reactive.

They don't have to come out every day but its getting out of control now and can see why players don't want to come here.. Where is the Leadership from the club that represents the players, Members and Sponsors ??
They would know if they are keeping Madge or not so IMO Grow some balls and make the call so we don't hear about it every day because they will not stop.
I have never worked in a high pressure environment but I'd think sacking Madge would be the easier call.

Let's say if there actually is a review, do you want the review to be a rushed job? Just let them go through their processes.

They're all ignoring the media, Madge is a seasoned professional who's been through 10x worse with South Sydney. He doesn't need the "power brokers" to back him. He can stand up for himself.

Everyone just wants to know, everyone feels they're entitled to know everything, they all wanna speculate, guess, discuss, argue about it, criticise it, they all just want something to talk about.

No news is good news.

Let's focus on Origin.

Should be a show on at 6:30pm every night about how good the Wests Tigers are and how Pascoe is a master at organisational culture. Might be time for another doco? Think I’ll just watch 360.

The only people making a fool of themselves are the Fox people who think their opinion matters, who think their gossip stories make an impact. Their clickbait approach to journalism is getting more and more apparent. In this day and age where everyone knows everything, they're getting antsy because they don't know.

4 rounds of footy without any controversy, Maroons camp for once in their lives have no flu, no injuries, no news. Freddy is keeping a tight ship, no one wants to talk to them. They've released as many anti-Gus articles as they can.

When there is no news, they make up news. Right now is as obvious as ever before.

The only people making a fool of themselves are the Fox people who think their opinion matters, who think their gossip stories make an impact. Their clickbait approach to journalism is getting more and more apparent. In this day and age where everyone knows everything, they're getting antsy because they don't know.

4 rounds of footy without any controversy, Maroons camp for once in their lives have no flu, no injuries, no news. Freddy is keeping a tight ship, no one wants to talk to them. They've released as many anti-Gus articles as they can.

When there is no news, they make up news. Right now is as obvious as ever before.
Their stories make an impact, look at this board.

I put every media bebacle down to this clown.
If he wants to get the big bucks he needs to earn them, and earn the trust of the supporters.
He seems to only want to be seen when it suits him, like when there is a WT doco on or when announcing player signings.
What CEO of a company would allow their product to be defamed and fend for themselves.
What CEO would allow his employees to be attacked by others, to fend for themselves.
Players and coaches all have managers but in the end they all work for WT.
I'm sorry to all the Pascoe supporters, but this guy needs to be available to answer the hard questions, after all the buck should stop with him. There is no transparency.
We are continuing to look like a circus because we don't have "Captain" steering the ship.... absolute circus.

View attachment 1328
Can we turn that into one of those mask thingys you hold up at the game and have everyone at the ground wearing them.
Hashtag on the bus.
Hashtag one home ground.

I wouldn't mind betting the "key powerbroker" he says he gets his info from is that slimey whiteanter Benny Elias. He seems to be going out of his way lately to put the boot in to anything associated with WT.
Isn't Benny related to Moses? What do we expect?

I don't get this comment. How is our brand being damaged ?

Why make a statement ?

I think the best thing to do is be completely calm and rational rather than being emotional and reactive.
How is our brand Not been Damaged ??
Doesn't Matter what industry you are in but if your company / Team is in the media every day for negative press how does that help you grow ?
Potential Sponsor are sitting back saying I'm not putting our company name out there associated with this negative press, Families getting there kids into the game would be hesitant to take up memberships etc..

I agree we need to be calm and not let emotions take over but it's not healthy for anyone except Media if it keeps going on.. I feel for Madge and his family

If the club comes out and puts it to bed either way the media moves on and business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back