Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
it must have been in Tim sheens recommendation to sack him you don’t hire a bloke like Tim sheens to make the big calls then not back him

However we like it, the decision has been made. Hopefully this means they already have a replacement in the wings ready to go and make decisions. Presume a interim coach will take over for the rest of the season.

Here's hoping.

Here's hoping the replacement isn't a flog,
And actually has some credentials.

How's the caretaker coach - Not even one of our coaches, Or had any real experience?
(Apart from getting sacked everywhere he coaches)

I liked Madge.... he didn't have the cattle and maybe his old school approach didn't work with the young guys but it is weird timing - should have stuck it out of rthe year and bring in the new guy at the end of the year. We're stuffed this year regardless of who has the reins....... I can't really see any upside in pulling the trigger now...

Bloody disgraceful not letting the bloke see out his contract and effing disgraceful the moron who let it be known to Rothfield before Madge was supposedly told
at least it is clear the club is back communicating with nrl360 they were tipped off

I can guarantee my club won't see another premiership again in my life (i have seen 2 one in 1969 and 2005).We will be wandering around in the desert achieving bugger all as we have complete imposters running the club.Hopefully prawns a la arsenic is consumed by all who made the decision to sack Madge at the next board/management meeting

I think it would be a massive mistake to let Maguire go.

Firstly, look at his roster. No one wants to come to the tigers and there are three little bches who've reneged on their contracts in the last few years (Moses, Mastterson and Aloiai).
His roster is paper thin.

Practically the entire backline playing recently are kids or guys who've hardly played for the club.

The forwards not so much, but not huge numbers of games.

He has gone through such a tough time and it is his resilience and conviction they'll get through if they stick to the proceeds that makes me believe he is exactly who they need.

Koroisau and Papali'i are going to be huge and will help the young forwards no end. The kids playing now will benefit immensely from this season.

Add another good back rower and (please!) a big strike centre and things will fall into place.

He deserves the chance to coach the team he is building.

He deserves to reap the benefits of the culture he is building and the payoff WHEN it's comes.

Please stick with this guy!
Too late.

I liked Madge.... he didn't have the cattle and maybe his old school approach didn't work with the young guys but it is weird timing - should have stuck it out of rthe year and bring in the new guy at the end of the year. We're stuffed this year regardless of who has the reins....... I can't really see any upside in pulling the trigger now...
Maybe the Club's hand was forced with what happened at Bulldogs and Warriors.

such a poor call, the club will never learn, always going backward, he was the man for the culture change and we flopped, very embarrassing day to be a Wests Tigers supporter. not like its different any other day, this one has really hurt me tho as I was on board madge and could see the work he was doing, if we can be hard on madge we have to be hard on the board get rid of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back