Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was all media driven - first on NRL 360. Rothfield went as far to say Maguire had coached his last game - in his opinion. To my knowledge the club announced nothing.

There was direct quotes from Sheens he was calling the media to announce the review.

There was direct quotes from Sheens he was calling the media to announce the review.

He wasn't calling the media - They were calling him.
Ask him
Q: what's happening at the club
A: We'll have a look at it over the bye week

Response: Tigers are sacking the coach

Yes I'm asking why announce a review?
Probably because they felt it was needed. But again, just because a review took place, did not automatically mean there would be changes. Maybe they decided things were fine for the time being.

Come inside out of the cold sparci, its obviously making something shrivel up :eek::ROFLMAO:.
Were you actually there when Luke Brooks signed his latest contract?
You must have been for you to know how many $$$ he is being paid.
But if you weren't there, I wish people would stop throwing around this Million Dollar Man stuff as it's really p'ing me off and making people that claim they know look stupid imo.
I'll be pleased to apologise if/when you can produce the actual evidence of him being paid a million$$$ per year.

They Didn't announce it!!

ummmmm sure... Lee quotes on the 30th May suggests otherwise:

“So he has found an opportune time in the middle of the year during this two week hiatus to do a little health check and have a look where we are sitting and why are we three from 12 and are we happy about that? No we are not. What do we need to improve? What changes may or may not need to be made?"

“But at the moment we are somewhat disappointed with where we are sitting on the table. Do we need to make some changes? I suspect we do."

“We will leave it to the great man to come back to us. The board puts a lot of stock in Tim Sheens and his recommendations, so we will see what he comes back with.”

Lee Quote

“So he has found an opportune time in the middle of the year during this two week hiatus to do a little health check and have a look where we are sitting and why are we three from 12 and are we happy about that? No we are not. What do we need to improve? What changes may or may not need to be made?"

“But at the moment we are somewhat disappointed with where we are sitting on the table. Do we need to make some changes? I suspect we do."

“We will leave it to the great man to come back to us. The board puts a lot of stock in Tim Sheens and his recommendations, so we will see what he comes back with.”

Lee Quote

Imho that just shows why Lee should do all his talking in court and at board meetings and stay as far away from football discussions as possible.

Lee Quote

No they don't...
Brent Read said it on 360 weeks ago...
They'd been discussing it on 360 longer than 7 days ago.

Lee said that in direct response to a question asked about it - Which in itself suggests it was already Media Fodder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back