Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
You be lucky to need one hand to count the Juniors in those Morris Squads.
There are a mix of juniors and those players recruited into Pathways. I've named some of them in an earlier post and the quality is impressive. It is a confirmation the system works which is no better evidenced than our Club adopting it.

And rumours that Maguire was sacked at the end of last year were running hot too as well as all the players we are supposed to have signed - more untruths in rumours than truths.
I'm not adverse to Ciraldo if it happens but I have no illusions to the fact that he won't win anything with the current squad either and the fairytale rise he had had at Penrith is not what he is going to be faced with here. Hence let Maguire do the dirty years - the players we do have support him - and hopefully these Pathways may start to show some fruition for who ever the next coach is.
I remain unconvinced Maguire is the coach to bring through juniors from the lower grades. This is his fourth year and while I am an optimistic supporter and do support other initiatives of WTs, I do not support a continuation of Maguire's tenure.

There are a mix of juniors and those players recruited into Pathways. I've named some of them in an earlier post and the quality is impressive. It is a confirmation the system works which is no better evidenced than our Club adopting it.

You named basically all of them...
If the Sharks pathways system assisted by Morris 7 years ago is working so well,
There certainly isn't much evidence of it in their top squad as of today.
We'd have as many juniors as them in the top squad.

Hopefully our refocused set up bears more fruit than the Sharks program.

You named basically all of them...
If the Sharks pathways system assisted by Morris 7 years ago is working so well,
There certainly isn't much evidence of it in their top squad as of today.
We'd have as many juniors as them in the top squad.

Hopefully our refocused set up bears more fruit than the Sharks program.
Tieg Wilton, William Kennedy, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Jayden Brailey, Jesse Ramien (recruited by Morris from Manly into the U20s), Connor Tracey, Luke Metcalfe would imo certainly get a guernsey in our NRL team. Some may think otherwise. We've also been linked to Kade Dykes and Franklin Pele.

Last edited:
Tieg Wilton, William Kennedy, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Jayden Brailey, Jesse Ramien (recruited by Morris from Manly into the U20s) would imo certainly get a guernsey in our NRL team. Some may think otherwise. We've also been linked to Kade Dykes and Franklin Pele.

Now you're inventing Juniors...

Wasn't Mulitalo a Qlder last year - That couldn't play for them because he's actually a Kiwi?
Hardly a pathways success story.
Wilton is from down south.

Either way, That's 5-6 (Including your ring ins)
Hardly merit for a program you're giving a bloke a head coaching gig from.

Now you're inventing Juniors...

Wasn't Mulitalo a Qlder last year - That couldn't play for them because he's actually a Kiwi?
Hardly a pathways success story.
Wilton is from down south.

Either way, That's 5-6 (Including your ring ins)
Hardly merit for a program you're giving a bloke a head coaching gig from.
We're talking Pathways so don't attempt to move the goalposts.

What some people forget is our pathways have been ignored,it was Madge that stated we need CHANGE and the development of pathways was one of the changes,include that most couldnt play for nearly 2 seasons because of covid then we are starting to form what we really need in regards to juniors ,development players and NRL standard depth to make up our top squad...it still doesnt fix that 1/2 our top NRL players have been sidelined this year and fringe players made up the teams,and did very well under duress,we do need new faces and Papa and Api are a great start..
Rome wasnt built in a day,but now we are really heading forward and all we need is the team play consistently and disciplined for the rest of the year,therefore we should make judgement on Madge,the players and the admin after this season...

I remain unconvinced Maguire is the coach to bring through juniors from the lower grades. This is his fourth year and while I am an optimistic supporter and do support other initiatives of WTs, I do not support a continuation of Maguire's tenure.
I could cop that argument if you didn't have the blinkers on to all the other stakeholders who have not helped Maguires cause, while suggesting replacements whose reputations are built soley from being in great systems that their FG's sides are benefitting from - something WTs as a club has dismally failed at in recent times and has resulted in setting up their coaches to fail.

Remember the slogan "trust in Madge" or "in Madge we trust". You don't read tha posted now and for good reason.

I know it's Hooper but really hope we aren't in limbo for another 4 weeks unless that's how long it will take to iron out a replacement's contract.

Madge, Players & Fans all deserve better than 4 week trials.... from media reports this will be like the 2nd trial already this year. Parra/Souths saved him. Now another 4 week saving period. Indecision shows lack of leadership - just hope the media aren't correct on this.

Prefer them to be decisive, stick with Madge and see the plan out or move him on.

Top 30 Player interviews completed
Coaches and high performance team interviews completed
Board, Chair and CEO input obtained.

Report with recommendation/s presented next week
The DT reported yesterday the WT review is unfinished, good to see the Forum trump the DT on the future of Madge review.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back