Michael Maguire should be our new coach

@dwight-schrute said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468553) said:
So if we look at the two who have supported Madge in the media, Luciano and Tamou their future under another coach would involve a lot of time playing at Lidcombe Oval in front of 300 people.
They were among Madge's chosen few.
Self interest rules.

So true. If Madge goes these two are quickly push out the door.

@telltails said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468833) said:
I don't think any of the players tank on purpose but they are have no mentality for competing and every opposition team, and coach know it. You get on top of us quickly and only a bit of luck will get us back into a game against sides of similar ability, and better sides wipe the floor with us if they are on.
That's where leadership on the field becomes so important and where we glaringly have no strength of character and look rudderless.

Tamou was brought in by Madge for leadership, failed dismally and is now strenously supporting Madge. I wonder why?

@newtown said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468840) said:
@telltails said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468833) said:
I don't think any of the players tank on purpose but they are have no mentality for competing and every opposition team, and coach know it. You get on top of us quickly and only a bit of luck will get us back into a game against sides of similar ability, and better sides wipe the floor with us if they are on.
That's where leadership on the field becomes so important and where we glaringly have no strength of character and look rudderless.

Tamou was brought in by Madge for leadership, failed dismally and is now strenously supporting Madge. I wonder why?

Tamou's got one year left before his retirement. He's not at the stage in his life where he needs to suck up to a coach for a contract. He is telling it how he is seeing it.

His body is done but he still has the right attitude.

Maybe he is close enough to the situation (unlike us) to know what is/has been happening?

He has a year to go and a contract, why would he care about any of it tbh. But he does, which is interesting?

Would never have needed to rely on Tamou if Brooks was up for it. He was given every opportunity all the barriers were supposedly gone but it's just not in him. You need some one on the field for more than Tamou to lead the team which every coach would rely on their halfback to do.
Brooks has been nursed by this club for so long that at some point you have to expect a return in your investment instead of finger pointing at the next sucker.

@telltails said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468859) said:

Would never have needed to rely on Tamou if Brooks was up for it. He was given every opportunity all the barriers were supposedly gone but it's just not in him. You need some one on the field for more than Tamou to lead the team which every coach would rely on their halfback to do.
Brooks has been nursed by this club for so long that at some point you have to expect a return in your investment instead of finger pointing at the next sucker.

if Madge ends up surviving this review and the rumours about Brooks being against him are true I doubt we'll have to worry about him much longer.

@jrtiger said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468882) said:
@telltails said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468859) said:

if Madge ends up surviving this review and the rumours about Brooks being against him are true I doubt we'll have to worry about him much longer.

Pretty big if

Does anyone think this review is all about gathering enough evidence to sack Maguire?
That’s what the msm is running.

@twentyforty said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1469972) said:
Does anyone think this review is all about gathering enough evidence to sack Maguire?

Yes spinless pascoe and hartigan trying to get him sacked.

@tony-soprano said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1469988) said:
@twentyforty said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1469972) said:

Reflect on the comments by Reynolds. They are powerful and hit the target.

@tony-soprano said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1469987) said:
So the review hasn't been as imminent as Lee said.

Tbh I think the longer is goes the less likely there will be any changes.

Maguire will probably survive for now, is my prediction. Partly because he can point to potential in the young squad he's built.
Partly because there is no obvious better alternative.

Maguire will be coach round 1 2022.
The question then us, will he be there this time next year?

Only if he's at least got us moving up the ladder, not down again. That's a big ask with the squad.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1469993) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1469988) said:

Reynolds spent his time at our club being part of the problem.
His comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

There was no need for a review Re the coach , after three yrs of failure a team that looked totally un coached, totally without enthusiasm and the constant slide down the ladder and this continuing next season .
These reviews are for one reason to cover individuals backsides for the decisions they have made .. it was obvious that Maguire should never of been given an extension !
Any way roll out the review most knew the out come last season … maybe it will shine some light on certain players more so than the coach .

If they stick with him, it needs to be for the long haul. No point giving him a reprieve, letting him go out and spend the rest of the cap, locking players in for the next 3 to 4 years, only to sack him halfway through 2022 cos we are languishing in the bottom 4. Then the new coach comes in and is hamstrung because the cap is filled to the brim with players he didn’t sign and doesn’t want. Then the cycle starts all over again, with calls from the forum claiming “this isn’t his team” sprinkled in. If the club makes its bed, they have to lay in it.

@gnr4life said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1470004) said:
If they stick with him, it needs to be for the long haul. No point giving him a reprieve, letting him go out and spend the rest of the cap, locking players in for the next 3 to 4 years, only to sack him halfway through 2022 cos we are languishing in the bottom 4. Then the new coach comes in and is hamstrung because the cap is filled to the brim with players he didn’t sign and doesn’t want. Then the cycle starts all over again, with calls from the forum claiming “this isn’t his team” sprinkled in. If the club makes its bed, they have to lay in it.

I disagree. We need to be able to replace the coach and not end up in this situation. It's why we need a separation between coach and recruitment. I reckon you can let Madge see out his contract but have assistant coaches who are being groomed for the top job. You make a decision on who the next coach will be prior to the end of Madges last season.

@earl said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1470009) said:
@gnr4life said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1470004) said:

I disagree. We need to be able to replace the coach and not end up in this situation. It's why we need a separation between coach and recruitment. I reckon you can let Madge see out his contract but have assistant coaches who are being groomed for the top job. You make a decision on who the next coach will be prior to the end of Madges last season.

Replace him then. But do it now.

@balmainjnr said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1470001) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1469993) said:

Reynolds spent his time at our club being part of the problem.
His comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

Reynolds comments would be worth running up the flag pole if he could explain what he means by “the modern game.”

@gnr4life said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1470010) said:
@earl said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1470009) said:

Replace him then. But do it now.

How many nrl coaches are banging down the door at a chance to work with the WT decision makers? I mean apart from Flanagan?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back