Michael Maguire should be our new coach

@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467947) said:
@gnr4life said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467802) said:
@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467566) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467308) said:
@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466955) said:
@cochise said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466952) said:
@dyloh said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1466948) said:
Is Laurie Daley not getting a mention because of his tenure with the blues? He was up against arguably the best origin side ever. Wasn't he penciled in with us for a job as a halves coach a few years back? Sheen's connection.

Not getting a mention because he isn't rated.

Yeah that's my point, how are we rating people like John Morris higher then Laurie Daley?

Because Morris actually has NRL coaching experience?

Yeah, GNR4LIFE pointed that out to me. I should have mentioned the rest of the coaches whose names are being mentioned as to not seem as though I was singling out Morris. Ciraldo hasn't been a head coach at any level yet he's at the top of a lot of peoples list, including mine.
I was generally just curious as to why Laurie Daley seems to have been written off as a coach.

You don’t even know that Daley is even interested in a NRL coaching role. At least with Ciraldo, he has runs on the board, implementing systems as an assistant coach. Daley has coached NSW, but at that level it’s more about being a man manager than an actual coach.

**Were all hoping for Ciraldo** but if we're being realistic, there's zero chance he's comes to the Tigers. I'm not trying to argue for Laurie over Ciraldo or Morris, and he may not be interested in an NRL coaching gig but I just thought it was weird he hasn't been mentioned considering he has coached at some capacity, was nearly here as a halves coach and has a connection with Sheens.

I'm personally rooting for Ciraldo but I honestly don't think we're a chance and worried we’ll end up with a Paul Green or something.

The latest poll, suggest the majority still want Madge, this suggests that we didn't ALL want Ciraldo?

@tigerwest said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468476) said:
@gnr4life said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467802) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1467308) said:
Is Laurie Daley not getting a mention because of his tenure with the blues? He was up against arguably the best origin side ever. Wasn't he penciled in with us for a job as a halves coach a few years back? Sheen's connection.

Yeah that's my point, how are we rating people like John Morris higher then Laurie Daley?

Yeah, GNR4LIFE pointed that out to me. I should have mentioned the rest of the coaches whose names are being mentioned as to not seem as though I was singling out Morris. Ciraldo hasn't been a head coach at any level yet he's at the top of a lot of peoples list, including mine.
I was generally just curious as to why Laurie Daley seems to have been written off as a coach.

You don’t even know that Daley is even interested in a NRL coaching role. At least with Ciraldo, he has runs on the board, implementing systems as an assistant coach. Daley has coached NSW, but at that level it’s more about being a man manager than an actual coach.

**Were all hoping for Ciraldo** but if we're being realistic, there's zero chance he's comes to the Tigers. I'm not trying to argue for Laurie over Ciraldo or Morris, and he may not be interested in an NRL coaching gig but I just thought it was weird he hasn't been mentioned considering he has coached at some capacity, was nearly here as a halves coach and has a connection with Sheens.

I'm personally rooting for Ciraldo but I honestly don't think we're a chance and worried we’ll end up with a Paul Green or something.

The latest poll, suggest the majority still want Madge, this suggests that we didn't ALL want Ciraldo?

There’s suddenly been a big resurgence for Madge over the last 12 hours since it’s been revealed that Noffa and Brooks are potentially part of a mutiny against him.

@tigerwest said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468476) said:

Only the agenda driven vote.
I know I didn't bother.

@dwight-schrute said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468524) said:

I know I didn't bother.

The agenda is mainly coming from people who want Madge sacked.Yes i did vote and i voted to continue the process of cleaning out the club with Madge continuing as coach.Any player that dosen't want to be part of it can leave including players that i like.
The club MUST come first

@jadtiger said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468527) said:
@dwight-schrute said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468524) said:

I know I didn't bother.

The agenda is mainly coming from people who want Madge sacked.Yes i did vote and i voted to continue the process of cleaning out the club with Madge continuing as coach>any player that dosen't want to be part of it can leave including players that i like.
The club MUST come first

Exactly.
Agenda driven cult members only.

That’s because of the revelation that Noffa and Brooks are potentially against him. So everyone has drawn a line in the sand and decided Madge is the lesser of two evils. Now Madge just needs to throw out the bad apples, and we’re on our way.

A quick reminder for those with short memories.

Worst team to ever play NRL : 38
Wests Tigers: 0

The players have voted on the field.

@dwight-schrute said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468532) said:

And the spine was..

1 Nofo ( tanker )
6 Madden ( rookie)
7 Brooks ( tanker )
9 Liddle ( tanker )

Majority are the reported disgruntled few to have an issue with Madge.

@demps said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468536) said:
@dwight-schrute said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468532) said:

And the spine was..

1 Nofo ( tanker )
6 Madden ( rookie)
7 Brooks ( tanker )
9 Liddle ( tanker )

That may be true, but an objective observer would say that noffa was one of only a few that had a go.
The performance of the team as a whole tells me there's no coming back.

And the spine was..

1 Nofo ( tanker )
6 Madden ( rookie)
7 Brooks ( tanker )
9 Liddle ( tanker )

I wouldn't describe any of them as "tankers" and usually defend Nofo Brooks and Liddle but Nofo is not a fullback Brooks has lost all confidence in himself and Liddle is not an 80 minute player.
Madge needs to continue his rebuild or in another 3 years some people will be complaining about whoever is the new coach underachieving yet again.First and foremost our current squad is not in the top 10 squads in the NRL and our performances reflect that.

By the way I don't believe any of the lists of who supports and doesn't support the coach.
Unless there's a recording of what a player says when questioned by those doing the review it's all a guess.
Players will say whatever their manager tells them to say to save their own backsides.

And the spine was..

1 Nofo ( tanker )
6 Madden ( rookie)
7 Brooks ( tanker )
9 Liddle ( tanker )

Liddle definitely wasn’t tanking when he ripped through the Panthers up the middle and put Stef under the posts.

@jadtiger said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468541) said:

And the spine was..

1 Nofo ( tanker )
6 Madden ( rookie)
7 Brooks ( tanker )
9 Liddle ( tanker )

I wouldn't describe any of them as "tankers" and usually defend Nofo Brooks and Liddle but Nofo is not a fullback Brooks has lost all confidence in himself and Liddle is not an 80 minute player.
Madge needs to continue his rebuild or in another 3 years some people will be complaining about whoever is the new coach underachieving yet again.First and foremost our current squad is not in the top 10 squads in the NRL and our performances reflect that.

Good post in regards Nofa, Brooks and Liddle, not sure about Madge.
If the reason why players don’t sign here is because of Madge we are in trouble, and something needs to change.

@dwight-schrute said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468543) said:
By the way I don't believe any of the lists of who supports and doesn't support the coach.
Unless there's a recording of what a player says when questioned by those doing the review it's all a guess.
Players will say whatever their manager tells them to say to save their own backsides.

Just think about the last Liberal Party leadership spill.
Going into the meeting Dutton was a shoe in but surprise surprise people that said they'd support him didn't.
That's what humans do, they lie to advantage themselves.

That's why I trust my eyes.
My eyes saw the worst team in the history of the NRL score 38 unanswered points. That's all I need.

So if we look at the two who have supported Madge in the media, Luciano and Tamou their future under another coach would involve a lot of time playing at Lidcombe Oval in front of 300 people.
They were among Madge's chosen few.
Self interest rules.

@bathursttiger1 said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468548) said:
@jadtiger said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468541) said:

And the spine was..

1 Nofo ( tanker )
6 Madden ( rookie)
7 Brooks ( tanker )
9 Liddle ( tanker )

Good post in regards Nofa, Brooks and Liddle, not sure about Madge.
If the reason why players don’t sign here is because of Madge we are in trouble, and something needs to change.

We have never been a club that attracts that many players unless we pay overs to blokes looking for a pension.I honestly doubt that Madge or any other coach makes any difference to that.Our best players have either came through our junior ranks or someone like Ellis who came from the UK because of one of our ex players (Buckets).We need to build from the ground until we are a club that good players want to come to.Perception is everything in this world and we are percieved as a badly managed club.It takes time

@gnr4life said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468545) said:

And the spine was..

1 Nofo ( tanker )
6 Madden ( rookie)
7 Brooks ( tanker )
9 Liddle ( tanker )

Liddle definitely wasn’t tanking when he ripped through the Panthers up the middle and put Stef under the posts.

Different game.

Not True

I don't think any of the players tank on purpose but they have no mentality for competing and every opposition team, and coach know it. You get on top of us quickly and only a bit of luck will get us back into a game against sides of similar ability, and better sides wipe the floor with us if they are on.
That's where leadership on the field becomes so important and where we glaringly have no strength of character and look rudderless.

@telltails said in [Michael Maguire should be our new coach](/post/1468833) said:
I don't think any of the players tank on purpose but they are have no mentality for competing and every opposition team, and coach know it. You get on top of us quickly and only a bit of luck will get us back into a game against sides of similar ability, and better sides wipe the floor with us if they are on.
That's where leadership on the field becomes so important and where we glaringly have no strength of character and look rudderless.

This is why Hastings is such a good signing, he is the antithesis of Brooks.

Latest posts

Back