Mitch brown try

@innsaneink said:
@anderson silva said:
@innsaneink

well if you used common sense you would know i was talking about general play

If you used simple english - which really isnt difficult - you wouldnt be wasting my time

well you seemed to read it fine (and you seem simple) so i guess my english is good if a simpleton can read it

I was fine with the decision.

He was attempting a kick. He did drop it (ie hit the ground first) but his foot wasn't too far behind to give it a tap forward.

Absolutely no try - these video refs are destroying the game.

Fair dinkum some of you really think that was ok???

i was listening to the radio at the time n they said the rules are "you can drop kick a ball if you have total control of it". it does not have to be going for a field goal.
i have seen others like this pulled up for a knock on even though the player looks to have full control of the situation, if the ball touches the ground before he gets his foot to it, then its a knock on. its black n white.
if the game was on the line, i think they would have not awarded it.
i do not agree with it being given.
56-0 would have looked so much better.

Sure, the decision had no influence on the result of the game, but what happens if that try makes the difference to where we finish our season based on for-and-against? We are so close to other teams at the moment that that 4 or 6 points could make a huge difference.

It was a no brainer. He didn't mean to drop it so how u can then award a try is beyond me. Really poor decision.

@willow said:
Hard to get a good read on him today given the Sharks outside backs got bugger all ball. He's certainly big enough and moves across the field ok. Can't find a spot in FG for him next season at this stage though. He could be handy if injuries arise though.

Fighting with Ryan, Tupou and Daniella for the right wing spot is where I have him…

Back