Moltzen

weststigers

I think we've found our 7…..he's really causing some damage and is a genuine attacking option at half, not just a band-aid solution.

Oh and Sheens reckons that there's no real diffrence between 6 and 7….Marshall seems to play better without the media scrutiny so why not just leave him there?

Wouldn't jump the gun after 2 matches, Moltzen still has lots of proving to do, but the early signs are positive.

Marshall is a 6\. He is better injecting himself, rather than controlling. Moltzen needs to control the game more before I'll be sold on him.

im loving him, can find a hole and a similar running game to carney. still, his kicking and organising is yet to be tested

I cant believe the reservations…....he is a weapon.

Having 2 attacking halves is great.,......we are way mkore dangerous and Im loving it.

Goin great guns so far, not overplaying his hand but we seem a lot more organised. Notice how since he has been there our outside backs are getting a lot more ball, no overlaps are being killed and we're scoring alot of points again? 86 points in 2 weeks against any opposition is good!

Add to that we are seeing a genuine fullback up the middle running through holes and supporting our forwards.

Old cliche though, we gotta keep it up!!!

@simonthetiger said:
I cant believe the reservations…....he is a weapon.

Having 2 attacking halves is great.,......we are way mkore dangerous and Im loving it.

Yep… and that's the difference.... Both blokes are in and out of first-receiver... both blokes are playing a half-back and five-eight role...

Will anyone in the media ever ask Sheens why Moltzen wasn't used in the halves from the start of the season ?

@Jazza said:
Goin great guns so far, not overplaying his hand but we seem a lot more organised. Notice how since he has been there our outside backs are getting a lot more ball, no overlaps are being killed and we're scoring alot of points again? 86 points in 2 weeks against any opposition is good!

Add to that we are seeing a genuine fullback up the middle running through holes and supporting our forwards.

Thats exactly how I see it…..I know its late,but better late than never.

I must aslo add that Morris really gave us a lift when he cam on as a reserve.

IMO everyone seemed to be playing in their right spot.

@weststigers said:
I think we've found our 7…..he's really causing some damage and is a genuine attacking option at half, not just a band-aid solution.

I disagree, we found our 6.

@Staks said:
Will anyone in the media ever ask Sheens why Moltzen wasn't used in the halves from the start of the season ?

It's amazing the aura around Sheens. Peter Sterling said on the commentary that it was a great credit to Sheens, moving Gallant to FB and Moltzen to the halves, after the Tigers were struggling to find a win. Even though Tigers fans have been screaming for the changes all season.

@Jazza said:

Fair call. He's certainly taking off some of the pressure on Benji IMO and Moltzen split the Cowboys a couple of times himself today. I'd like to see him kick the ball more and hopefully this is worked on in the offseason. He nearly came up with a 40-20 today. The Tigers attack looks sharper with him alongside Benji too, so it's been a noticeable improvement since Morris went to the bench.

@simonthetiger said:
@Jazza said:

Thats exactly how I see it…..I know its late,but better late than never.

I must aslo add that Morris really gave us a lift when he cam on as a reserve.

IMO everyone seemed to be playing in their right spot.

I have always believed that Morris was only ever an impact player and always best off the bench.

You hit the nail on the head saying everyone was in their right spot.

I am now swinging to the Moltzen side, his last two games have been good solid performances.

@Staks said:

probably not but I was asking that at the start of last season

He should have partnered Benji all season. 6 and 7 are just numbers on backs. They seem to have a great combo between them.

Back