Moses Mbye and goal Kicking

hsvjones

I didn't watch the game or where he kicked them from but just think he deserves credit where it is due.. 4/5 and it makes a massive difference in the game itself by going up in 6's and not 4's. Well done

@hsvjones said in [Moses Mbye and goal Kicking](/post/1040172) said:
I didn't watch the game or where he kicked them from but just think he deserves credit where it is due.. 4/5 and it makes a massive difference in the game itself by going up in 6's and not 4's. Well done

Right in front, easy kicks

Mbye played pretty well tonight. Lifted early, kicked well. Bounced off a tackle late for a try to them but noodles has done that to a few players this year

@tigerap We have seen Marsters miss close ones a few times so its an improvement

His defensive positioning is outstanding. The hardest part of defending at centre is putting yourself in the right place and make good calls. He did that. There was the one bad moment where he missed Jesse Ramien, plenty of players have done that too.

I thought Mbye was certainly one of our better ones tonight.

Can't really comment on his goal kicking, missed the only difficult one and all the others were pretty much right in front.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Moses Mbye and goal Kicking](/post/1040351) said:
I thought Mbye was certainly one of our better ones tonight.

Can't really comment on his goal kicking, missed the only difficult one and all the others were pretty much right in front.

We’d be higher on the ladder if Mbye was our GK from the start of the season

I really hope we use a goal kicking coach, it looks like something that can be improved with guidance and practice.

@Sart0ri said in [Moses Mbye and goal Kicking](/post/1040353) said:
I really hope we use a goal kicking coach, it looks like something that can be improved with guidance and practice.

Pat Richards and Brett Hodgson both work at the club

@Tiger_Steve said in [Moses Mbye and goal Kicking](/post/1040354) said:
@Sart0ri said in [Moses Mbye and goal Kicking](/post/1040353) said:

Pat Richards and Brett Hodgson both work at the club

Thanks, that should cover it.

@Tiger_Steve
Exactly Steve, two very good goal kickers in there day. Pat should also be showing them those magical high kick off’s that he had.

Goal kicking good

Mbye made some good tackles in defence as well, especially that 1 on 1 tackle on ramien that forced a error

@TheDaBoss how was that miss on ramien a good tackle lol, do you mean ‘except’ instead of ‘especially’?

@Madge said in [Moses Mbye and goal Kicking](/post/1040401) said:
@TheDaBoss how was that miss on ramien a good tackle lol, do you mean ‘except’ instead of ‘especially’?

He never missed the tackle, he held him up

@TheDaBoss his positioning was good but he couldn’t handle him... they scored off of that.

@Madge said in [Moses Mbye and goal Kicking](/post/1040406) said:
@TheDaBoss his positioning was good but he couldn’t handle him... they scored off of that.

He got in front of Ramien every time, I think he legit missed one that led to a try. He bumped off a few others too, but the first contact was enough to stop Ramien and allow extra men into the tackle.

Ramien has 85 tackle breaks in 2019, 3rd highest in the NRL - it average out almost 5 per match. So you expect him to bust tackles, the important thing is that he busts the tackle backwards or into cover defence, not into line breaks.

I am really warming into Mbye playing centre. I feel his runs out of dummy half are fantastic and pinch at least 15m every time. It seems he flicked a switch in the 2nd half against the raiders and has carried that through this week.

@jirskyr yeah I meant that one tackle he missed on him led to a try

Don't forget that the team now has a reliable goal kicker in Momorovski.

Back