Munster Mash

The circumstances under which Douehi came back after major injury was not an environment to produce good footy and his performance reflected that.of the whole team and club.
Saw enough last year to see what he is capable of and also very much aware of the flaws in his game. Have no idea if the club or Douehi are committed to each other but if you are not keeping them you have got to find a way to replace players at least equal to them and we seem a long way from being in that position.

All we have done is antagonise Douhie by a million to one shot trying to sign someone in his position.

Really. AD antagonized me and any future employer with his defensive efforts this season.

He is miles away from earning his pay packet atm.

Douehi could be seen to be antagonizing the tigers by not agreeing to terms yet. It’s a 2 way street.

I hope he does extend but he hasn’t put a full 80minute performance as a top line player yet. He hasnt earnt the right to be upset. (It’s only hypothetical anyway. Who knows what he’s thinking)

Exactly. The complaints about how we have to do everything perfectly not to upset our top performers is crazy.

It's professional footy.

Doueihi needs to prove himself. He hasn't earned his salary yet. He has not once been the best performer at this club over a season and he has had Brooks, Laurie and Joe O ahead of him. Injuries have hurt him and in my opinion at his best he is streets ahead of those guys but we need top tier consistent performers ala Api and IP.

We hardly had a go at Munster at all. We just said if he wants to leave we will be in with a good shot on the money side. He wanted to stay at Melbourne and they are paying him top dollar.

AD has no reason to be upset and the club has done nothing at all wrong by him. You have people breaking down that we didn't get him and people stating we shouldn't have even said the tiny comment they did. I'd argue AD is overpaid and he should be trying to repay the club for it's support even if we signed Munster. AD might even feel that way himself.

Exactly. The complaints about how we have to do everything perfectly not to upset our top performers is crazy.

It's professional footy.

Doueihi needs to prove himself. He hasn't earned his salary yet. He has not once been the best performer at this club over a season and he has had Brooks, Laurie and Joe O ahead of him. Injuries have hurt him and in my opinion at his best he is streets ahead of those guys but we need top tier consistent performers ala Api and IP.

We hardly had a go at Munster at all. We just said if he wants to leave we will be in with a good shot on the money side. He wanted to stay at Melbourne and they are paying him top dollar.

AD has no reason to be upset and the club has done nothing at all wrong by him. You have people breaking down that we didn't get him and people stating we shouldn't have even said the tiny comment they did. I'd argue AD is overpaid and he should be trying to repay the club for it's support even if we signed Munster. AD might even feel that way himself.
If anyone is overpaid it’s Brooks.
AD was coming back from a major injury this year.
What’s Brooks excuse for underperforming?

Players contract amounts are not publicly available, and the context is also important eg backdated payments. So we don't know how much he is earning (nor should we) or if the amount is distorted by backdated payments in his contract.

As for Doueihi, he has a lot of work to do on his defence, passing and kicking. Robinson targeted him ruthlessly and exposed his woeful defence.

On performance Brooks was better but if you think I'm going to argue that Brooks is fairly paid on 600k per season you are incorrect. If he is on 1 million next season that is a farce.

As for Doueihi, he has a lot of work to do on his defence, passing and kicking. Robinson targeted him ruthlessly and exposed his woeful defence.

He has upsides but to make out that we have to appease him somehow is nutters. I hope we keep him because I can see him killing it as a running 6. He just has a lot of work to do and you can't keep paying guys like him on potential.

I didn't want Munster at 1.4 million but he'd be great at 1 million.

Braith is a hunk of shit. We are just a leverage tool. Everyone looking for a big deal is linked to us but not seriously. Player managers punching bag.

Very disappointing how Munster saw fit to issue a public apology to Bennett and Dolphins. Absolutely no mention of Wests Tigers? Or a public apology to Benji?

I noticed that as well. We are treated badly everyone.,.. the press, players. Expected but not surprising

I wonder if we threw our hat in the ring on the condition they bag us less on 360 then think the clubs not that smart.

The bagging has been less tho

Think our way of thinking is probably all wrong wanting a million dollar Signing.

Think prob have to accept more pain until we build from ground up from Harold Matts and do what we can to keep those guys.

I never heard Munster refer to Wests Tigers after he had made a decision on his future. Sadly, we were never an option. ☹️
I’m grateful that he kept his sense of humour when his name was occasionally mentioned in the same sentence as Wests Tigers, unlike others in the past, who have become annoyed at the thought.
Api has adjusted well, but his sense of humour has been dealt with privately.

Back