Munster Mash

OK .. we can all stop dreamin now Munster .. he has officially knocked back the Dolphins .. and the WestsTigers to stay in Melbourne with the Storm .. !!
We are everyone’s ‘play thing’ … oh well as much as the result was predictable we helped Munster get more dosh by levering us as an ‘option’ … now cut Brooks free and find a talent that wants to be here

Good players are already using Benji as a leverage to get a better deal elsewhere and he won't be our coach for another 2 years lol

He was never a chance.

As for Storm, I had a feeling 2022 would be the first of their many bad years but now they have the country's best hooker and 5/8 locked long term along with Paps and Hughes. They'll be Top 4 again. No doubt Munster took less to stay though.

credit to Munster for sticking with Melbourne despite more dollars on offer elsewhere. would've loved to have him but we were always long odds. glad the club had a crack and probably forced Melbourne to cough up more cash.

next up, Dylan Brown.

Seems like his reasoning was that he enjoys playing footy in a good team and doesn't want to be losing every week. Fair enough. Playing for our team like ours isn't for everyone.
He obviously doesn’t want to be part of a development club, at this stage of his career, so that’s obviously why he rejected us and the Dolphins.
Plus $4.5m or thereabouts sets he and his family up for the next 4 years.
By then( at age 32 or 33) he will be winding down his career and if perchance someone still threw money at him he would have a ready made final hurrah !
I also admire his loyalty, a rare commodity these days and whilst the Storm have lost some players, still having Pap, Munster, Hughes and Grant in the spine makes them still a formidable side. Plus Welch back from injury.
All Bellyache has to do is find/develop some forwards to replace Cheese and the Bromwich bros.

I don't expect to attract players like Munster at this point in time - learned my lesson after the Latrell/JAC epidodes.
But if players like Leniu are forced out of their clubs due to salary cap restraints and we are competing against the likes of StGeorge/Manly and we can't get it done then that would be a massive fail in my eyes, and would further cement the challenges this club has got in turning things around.

Good players are already using Benji as a leverage to get a better deal elsewhere and he won't be our coach for another 2 years lol

He was never a chance.

As for Storm, I had a feeling 2022 would be the first of their many bad years but now they have the country's best hooker and 5/8 locked long term along with Paps and Hughes. They'll be Top 4 again. No doubt Munster took less to stay though.

I would argue we've got the countries best hooker locked up - Certainly based on this years form.
Harry was way down on past years I thought....

I'm sure he'll come back on the boil - But If I was picking a Hooker on their last season for my supercoach - I'm picking Api.

I would argue we've got the countries best hooker locked up - Certainly based on this years form.
Harry was way down on past years I thought....

I'm sure he'll come back on the boil - But If I was picking a Hooker on their last season for my supercoach - I'm picking Api.
Agree re API but hen was playing a gun side. True test will be from 23 on !
Also think Harry was guilty of trying to do too much and overplayed his hand on occasions.
Also think opposition teams have a better handle on him so my advice, for what it’s worth, less is more Harry.
But my major interest is seeing API continue his good form.
Go Tigers.

Trying to put a positive spin on all of this Munster stuff, you could say that even if we had Unca Wayne on board as coach we still wouldn't have got him.

All Bellyache has to do is find/develop some forwards to replace Cheese and the Bromwich bros.

It's interesting the Storm are betting on the spine. They've gotten decent deals whereas we would have paid silly money but that is where a chunk of their cap will go.

All we have done is antagonise Douhie by a million to one shot trying to sign someone in his position. He’s one of the few quality players we’ve got. We could have tried for someone in most other positions where we have spuds , but no. Brainless dolts who never learn

All we have done is antagonise Douhie by a million to one shot trying to sign someone in his position. He’s one of the few quality players we’ve got. We could have tried for someone in most other positions where we have spuds , but no. Brainless dolts who never learn
Understand but AD has said he wants to wait until after WC to decide and as a Club they cannot sit back for 2 months and hope he extends..
I applaud them for saying if you don't want to extend now we will cover our arses and look around and if we snag a top line player in your preferred position that is on you for not taking it first.. I am a AD fan and hope he stays but IF he goes everyone will be saying why didn't we chase Munster or Brown etc.. The club cannot win

Never felt we were a realistic chance, but genuinely surprised that he stayed with Melbourne over going to the Dolphins.
They're in a bit of strife with their squad tbh.

if AD wants to stay he signs, instead he is heading to WC to play good luck to him.
Lock down Hastings first
Then Brooks

Douehi could be seen to be antagonizing the tigers by not agreeing to terms yet. It’s a 2 way street.

I hope he does extend but he hasn’t put a full 80minute performance as a top line player yet. He hasnt earnt the right to be upset. (It’s only hypothetical anyway. Who knows what he’s thinking)

Back