Nathan Merrit

Allah yerhamo.

Tragic.
Hope he can pull through.
I was lucky enough to meet him a bunch of times and he's an absolute gentleman.

Gentleman, hope he pulls through too man.
Met him a few times, first time we were driving
around Redfern looking for this street and we
pulled up on the curb, asked the guy on the
side of the road where the street was, he turns
around it was Nathan Merrit. Seen him a few
times since, always has time. Pull through!

Apparently he played in the Koori knockout at Tuggerah last weekend and suffered a concussion so it may well be related to that. Great player and great Souths man too.

He discussed his hardships on a podcast might have been a while ago, severe depression and adjusting to life after footy. Mentioned the club didn't help him, seemed very quite let down. Hopefully not related to this. He is an NRL legend and a great indigenous role model. Wishing him all the best, this is shocking and awful news, especially after the Kyle Turner's suicide.

This is even more sad, It was only last week on his Instagram story at the Knockout with his kids.

He discussed his hardships on a podcast might have been a while ago, severe depression and adjusting to life after footy. Mentioned the club didn't help him, seemed very quite let down. Hopefully not related to this. He is an NRL legend and a great indigenous role model. Wishing him all the best, this is shocking and awful news, especially after the Kyle Turner's suicide.

This is even more sad, It was only last week on his Instagram story at the Knockout with his kids.
I don’t this is a case of self harm. Not to discount the rest of what you say.

Ok. Kyle Turner was suicide. Thanks. Never knew that. Very sad indeed.

This is so bad. I wonder how many of these players are going to struggle with opioid addictions. I'm not sure that is what has happened but I had that impression.

Latest posts

Back