Nathan who?

Remember those nights in your student shared house, when you'd come home off a massive weekend with your football mates, been to a great club, probably picked up a girl, feeling really rough but absolutely on top of the world… and your housemates were moaning about their exams on Monday... and you just didn't care.

Have fun over the next couple of days Mr Brooks. Three or four weekends like this and yours is the only Blues jersey in that place.

You’d take Nathan any day of the week for any price he would come for. Brooks + Nathan = premiership.

Selfishly I hope he doesn't get picked for Origin. I think it is highly unlikely he will but he deserves to be in the conversation.

However there is no one playing better football in the NRL at the moment.

He is dynamite.

I have been a critic over the years but I couldn't be happier for him.

The Local hero who stayed!!

@ said:
Selfishly I hope he doesn't get picked for Origin. I think it is highly unlikely he will but he deserves to be in the conversation.

However there is no one playing better football in the NRL at the moment.

He is dynamite.

I have been a critic over the years but I couldn't be happier for him.

The Local hero who stayed!!

Yep I was thinking the same thing. Probably the form player in the whole comp. who would have thought those words would ever be spoken about Brooks.

You’d still bring Nathan Cleary to the club to partner with him….

Brooks deserves an origin spot

I know we've had a few recent threads on Luke Brooks but I couldn't let this game go without singing his praises again. Malaigned as the dud, leftover signing of the 'big four' last year and copping merciless criticism on this forum, his transformation in 2018 has been truly remarkable.
I had the pleasure of sitting on the Brookvale Oval hill yesterday watching the Tigers demolish the Eagles and I was in perfect position to observe Luke orchestrate the victory. He was quite literally in everything and absolutely dynamic with his precision passing, radar like kicking and incisive running. He gave the clear indication that he wanted to run the show and I think that's the biggest difference this year. The play that stood out for me was when he stepped and accelerated half way through a gap on the left side before switching the ball inside to Naiqama, who set up Watene Zelezniak for the try. It demonstrated vision, speed and play making ability.
Luke Brooks has finally arrived as a top notch first grade halfback. The question is, could he be considered for Origin, especially with Cleary out of the picture?

Keeps going the way he's going and we won't need Cleary jr. Maybe we could sign him share the hooking role with Liddle?

@ said:
Keeps going the way he's going and we won't need Cleary jr. Maybe we could sign him share the hooking role with Liddle?

Unfortunately, it's looking as if we don't need Reynolds. Maybe we should move Brooksy to five eighth if Cleary Jr comes over…

Definitely would not consider moving Brooks to 6 to accommodate someone else. He has earned his role at 7 and continues to improve and impress every week. He will be considered for Origin but will miss out.

Whoops, sorry everyone, I just started a new Brooks thread without reading this one….Maybe the forum moderator will delete mine or, otherwise, choose the best, ha ha! Is it possible to make my post a comment on here?
Like a lot of you, I thought Luke's performance deserved a thread or two.... The difference with mine was that I did ask the question - should he be considered for Origin??

Sorry everyone, I started this topic without noticing the other one, 'Nathan Who?', which is also about Brooks.
I couldn't resist singing Luke's praises after his five star performance yesterday.

@ said:
@ said:

Unfortunately, it's looking as if we don't need Reynolds. Maybe we should move Brooksy to five eighth if Cleary Jr comes over…

I wouldn't go that far. He's 10 times the player Godinet is, and as much of a fan i am of McIlwrick, he's superior to him too. So a bench spot is fine. I just wouldn't be in any rush to bring him into the run on side. He'd be happy to bide his team. Team player.

I would have Nathan at the club for sure. Would let either Benji or JR go to get him if needed.

While it’s great that he’s finally starting to look like the player that he was in his first game in first grade, he’s a long way off SOO at the moment. He’l have to show that he can show this form on a regular basis, maybe he will make Origin , but hopefully not this year.
Although it would be interesting to see how he goes with Maloney.

Back