New Culture?

strrretch

Have seen the "new culture" term bandied about re the the west tigers a fair bit recently.
Can anyone shed some light on what this means? What is the difference between the old and new cultures?

:question: :slight_smile:

Old culture revolves around the 'boys club' which includes a lot of staff and management and a couple of senior players controlling a lot of decisions at the club including contract ones.

New culture is about rewarding people on performance and keeping all these young guns and running the place far more professionally through Mayer and Potter.

@pHyR3 said:
Old culture revolves around the 'boys club' which includes a lot of staff and management and a couple of senior players controlling a lot of decisions at the club including contract ones.

New culture is about rewarding people on performance and keeping all these young guns and running the place far more professionally through Mayer and Potter.

Sounds good to me

Phy you are 100% on the money. It had to happen it was a rotten infectious culture that couldn't be sustained in any work place. My only concern is that they might not be practising what they are preaching by renewing and upgrading Mr Marshalls contract whilst his performance leaves allot to be desired. It does send mixed messages!

@pHyR3 said:

It's not often I agree with you but, good post mate.

@Fraze23 said:
@pHyR3 said:

It's not often I agree with you but, good post mate.

Really? well call me out when you disagree. love having a footy discussion! :slight_smile:

So the first action in developing a "new culture" is to release a long-term player to the Sharks.

Im sorry, but unless i have been teleported a couple of years back in time, this has been tried a couple of times over with Gibbs, Fifita, Heighington and Ryan.

Thats not changing the culture, that doing the same thing - "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got"

Im sorry Mayer but that is not changing the culture.

The new culture is always installed to make more uncomfortable those who were feeling too comfortable with the old culture.

Allowing Potter to put his mark on the squad and take a different path, with accountability at every level is exactly what I would call a culture change.

And I'm loving it.

Yes the culture is changing

In the past we had players who should of been members of Culture Club with their leader Boy Sheens

I don't care if there is a player clique , if the whole team hates each other or the lot of them hate Potter.
The only culture worth having is a 'winning' culture.
If Potter can get a premiership nobody will care about anything else and players will be lining up to join a 'winning' team..

Exactly his fixing the mess up and he is now starting to get the roster he wants and will finally be a force in the comming years.

@Eye Of Da Tiger said:
Phy you are 100% on the money. It had to happen it was a rotten infectious culture that couldn't be sustained in any work place. My only concern is that they might not be practising what they are preaching by renewing and upgrading Mr Marshalls contract whilst his performance leaves allot to be desired. It does send mixed messages!

No mixed messages now bye bye Benji you were not bigger than the club.

@cktiger said:
I don't care if there is a player clique , if the whole team hates each other or the lot of them hate Potter.
If Potter can get a premiership nobody will care about anything else and players will be lining up to join a 'winning' team..

Totally agree. Benji thought he was bigger than the club, played chicken with Mayer…..... and quess what.....Benji blinked.

@towntiger said:
So the first action in developing a "new culture" is to release a long-term player to the Sharks.

Im sorry, but unless i have been teleported a couple of years back in time, this has been tried a couple of times over with Gibbs, Fifita, Heighington and Ryan.

Thats not changing the culture, that doing the same thing - "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got"

Im sorry Mayer but that is not changing the culture.

Would you rather lose Ayshford or Simona?

Pretty smart decision.

@cktiger said:

Well said mate. I bet there's a few players who don't like being screamed at by Bellamy, Hasler or Maguire, but they respect them for being brutally honest, knowing they meant well and learnt from it. These are 'winning' teams.

I see a similar no-nonsense attitude in Potter.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Back