NEWSFLASH re Benji

What game do some of you watch….Benji was as much at 5/8th as he was at half ....he had a crap game...simple it happens...

Oh …...Ok he also kicked out of dummy half on more than 1 occasion does that make him a hooker....

Ill conceed 70/30....

@Geo. said:
Oh …...Ok he also kicked out of dummy half on more than 1 occasion does that make him a hooker....

Ill conceed 70/30....

Hahaha i'll go you 85/15

There were some moment early in the second half where Benji stood wider and the difference was apparent, however at first receiver he looks too rushed. As for Lazarus, I don't think he would have made a difference tonight, and he would have been exploited in defence.

@willow said:
There were some moment early in the second half where Benji stood wider and the difference was apparent, however at first receiver he looks too rushed. As for Lazarus, I don't think he would have made a difference tonight, and he would have been exploited in defence.

Like Benji was Willow?

@innsaneink said:
@cnx_tigers said:
You know so little about the footy club Ink.

Thats right, and I dont pretend to either.
I guess if i were a stalker/groupie i may know more huh?

I am too old to be a groupie or stalker mate. I do have a mate who's been connected with our club for a hell of a long time though ( longer than you've been alive probably).

I do find it ironic that a bloke like you with 20 000 posts on footy forums, i.e. lives on them, tries to belittle someone for posting info about what's going on behind the scenes though.

Simple facts are that the 7 being out last night simply should have resulted in the next best 7 (Lazo) coming in and the gameplan not changing.

Instead, we switched our 6 to 7…......despite his failing there 20 times already.

We then moved a center to 6........and watched two bad mis-reads in defense by him cost us tries.

Our halves cost us the game last night. I am not saying Lazo would have resulted in a win.....probably not.

But we would at least have had the structure and cohesion to stand a chance.

It really falls back on Sheens yet again. One injury and we move 3 players around yet again.

Read my posts earlier in the week the 1/2 goes down the coach goes into meltdown!

@cnx_tigers said:
@innsaneink said:
@cnx_tigers said:
You know so little about the footy club Ink.

Thats right, and I dont pretend to either.
I guess if i were a stalker/groupie i may know more huh?

I am too old to be a groupie or stalker mate. I do have a mate who's been connected with our club for a hell of a long time though ( longer than you've been alive probably).

I do find it ironic that a bloke like you with 20 000 posts on footy forums, i.e. lives on them, tries to belittle someone for posting info about what's going on behind the scenes though.

Simple facts are that the 7 being out last night simply should have resulted in the next best 7 (Lazo) coming in and the gameplan not changing.

Instead, we switched our 6 to 7…......despite his failing there 20 times already.

We then moved a center to 6........and watched two bad mis-reads in defense by him cost us tries.

Our halves cost us the game last night. I am not saying Lazo would have resulted in a win.....probably not.

But we would at least have had the structure and cohesion to stand a chance.

I find it ironic whenever someone brings up post counts it usually means they have very little else.
Do you ignore those posts would be over an 8 year timeframe.
Just accept your 'mate' isnt good enough.
Youre confusing "simple facts" with "your opinion"
The guy had been talked up here constantly for years and failed miserably, hes not ready

I don't get the Benji hate…..he defended where he normally defends....2 missed tackles led to 12 points....

Due to Farah's injury......He had to take on a bigger roll with kicking and he sucks at it most times....always has.....still we got repeat sets against the Dragons.....Long kicking games was Ok I thought....the chase sucked.....

He didn't fire....simple...other dumb errors from senior players cost us as well,,,

Benji will learn from this game......He'll get better..

@Geo. said:
I don't get the Benji hate…..he defended where he normally defends....2 missed tackles led to 12 points....

Due to Farah's injury......He had to take on a bigger roll with kicking and he sucks at it most times....always has.....still we got repeat sets against the Dragons.....Long kicking games was Ok I thought....the chase sucked.....

He didn't fire....simple...other dumb errors from senior players cost us as well,,,

Im disspointed with him.

For the last 6 weeks last year and the first four this year he looked the best player in the comp.

I dunno what has happened to him but he has lost his form and we need him to fire,

His kicking sucked,his tackling sucked and he didnt put anyone into space all night.

I feel sorry for Farah who is playing 6/7 and nine at the moment,and he is injured and he is firing.

@defiant said:
it really falls back on sheens yet again. One injury and we move 3 players around yet again.

true about sheens and shifting players out of position but i think last night he gets an exemption as he had little other option.lazarus was our really only other option.wests nathan waters is out.i think he made the right call.benji just needs to learn that moving from 6 to 7 is not a big a move as his performances suggest.trent barrett is a player who slides from 6 to 7 well.maybe he should watch and learn.i think he needs to relax a litle.and as fans we need to relax as this will turn out to be a blip on the radar.as long as we can get a top four spot where in a good position.

@Geo. said:
What game do some of you watch….Benji was as much at 5/8th as he was at half ....he had a crap game...simple it happens...

Yep. And he had some good moments as well. His poor moments were though unacceptable and were a big part of us losing that game.

@simonthetiger said:
@Geo. said:

Im disspointed with him.

For the last 6 weeks last year and the first four this year he looked the best player in the comp.

I dunno what has happened to him but he has lost his form and we need him to fire,

His kicking sucked,his tackling sucked and he didnt put anyone into space all night.

I feel sorry for Farah who is playing 6/7 and nine at the moment,and he is injured and he is firing.

Geo. Benji is out of form and it is a real worry.

I dont see marshall as any different to usual, its either rocks or diamonds with him.
Its not like this is anything new.

Some people are carrying on like our season is over…..pffft

Its how we respond to this loss that is important.

Benji is never going to change but he always should be playing 5/8.

@Tigersmurf said:
@willow said:
There were some moments early in the second half where Benji stood wider and the difference was apparent, however at first receiver he looks too rushed. As for Lazarus, I don't think he would have made a difference tonight, and he would have been exploited in defence.

Like Benji was Willow?

Pretty much.

Yep and we dont need Lazarus playing average and getting exploited we need Lui back or Finch in to allow Benji to does what he does best at first receiver.

As for Benji didnt have a great game and being first reciever was the main cause but he did stop a try tackling Weyman, he did set up for Lawrence and he did look dangerous a few times , just our structure in defence was probab,ly wrong with Lui out and I also think Benji misses Fulton in defence

Back