NEWSFLASH re Benji

cnx_tigers

NEWSFLASH: Benji Marshall is NOT a first reciever.

Is there going to be a point people realise that or are we going to "try" it another 17 times just to be sure?

Lazo should have come in and simply be told to "pass and kick". No SHUFFLE.

:brick:

Lazo is not ready - Simmons admitted that.

I think Nicholls may have deserved a go.

I'd even prefer Fitzy at half and benji remain at 5/8.

agreed, I would have preferred Lazarus in or Nicholls and less player shuffling going on, especially as we were playing against the comp leaders

@Tigersmurf said:
Lazo is not ready - Simmons admitted that.

I think Nicholls may have deserved a go.

I'd even prefer Fitzy at half and benji remain at 5/8.

I'm a bit surprised that Fitzy wasn't used this way in the second half.

I can see the halfback issue being a stumbling block this year as it has been for the past 5 years, we are simply not gonna win a comp with no recognised half, there is talk of finch this would be a masterstroke imo.

Not ready? Lazo is 100% ready and tonight would have been ideal. He only had to pass + kick. Nothing more.

The truth may as well be told….....Lazo is "not popular" with a couple of the senior guys who are Sheens favs.

That's why he isn't being played and has been told to look around.

@cnx_tigers said:
The truth may as well be told….....Lazo is "not popular" with a couple of the senior guys who are Sheens favs.

Probably because he didn't look up to it when he got his chance. In saying that i reckon he was the best option.

Benji atm needs to solely concentrate on setting up attacking plays. He shouldn't be everywhere. That pass that he threw that was forward was simply lazy. I am not sure if he was just tired.

We know hes not… what was more concerning was his poor missed tackles as well as some of his kicks... barbaric they were!

Terrible game from Benji tonight….I'm one of his biggest supporters but he was very close to worst on field tonight, with Daniella getting the gong.

@cnx_tigers said:
Not ready? Lazo is 100% ready and tonight would have been ideal. He only had to pass + kick. Nothing more.

Have heard the same myself. In fact, I was told he has already agreed to terms with another club.

A few of the senior blokes want / asked for Lui to be the 7 this year and pushed hard for that to happen.

Lazo wasn't shy in letting people know he should be given a chance.

Just like any workplace…....not everyone gets along.

Bottom line for Lazo = Moltzen AND Lui injured and he still wasn't given a game. Some senior plays have told Sheens they don't want him.

This team is a joke at times. For a bunch of blokes who have failed for 5 seasons, the 'core group' has way too much power and Sheens plays favourites way, way too much.

@cnx_tigers said:
A few of the senior blokes want / asked for Lui to be the 7 this year and pushed hard for that to happen.

Lazo wasn't shy in letting people know he should be given a chance.

Just like any workplace…....not everyone gets along.

Who cares. If Lazo is the best option put him there. I do not care about team politics and I fail to see how anyone on here really knows what goes on in Sheens mind when he picks the team.

Lazo was given a shot. I hope he gets another one but that is up to Sheens.

I am not going to bag Bengi sure he made some errors tonight but the guy puts in every week, sets up plays is all over the field trying to get things going playing half which he does not like no one outside who can set up a play so he trys to do it all. Robbie is busy around the ruck so there is not many options left . The two weak links tonight were Aysford at 5/8 and Daniela . Most disapointment for me tonight was Saints scoring from a bomb with 4 tigers there and not one contesting the kick

@cnx_tigers said:

Oh now Ive heard it all…thats just such a load of crap.
This kid is the golden child, the sun shines out his you know what
Sounds like lazzos mates making excuses already for him

Back