Next weeks team v dragons

Rumours Lomax will be at 1. Personally I’d be kicking early and isolating him for kick returns - he will make some metres initially but think he won’t be use to the fitness levels needed and will tire quickly.
I’d also be tempted to start seyfarth and have Kepoa on the bench - they’re a pretty slow side so decent chance he doesn’t get caught out laterally and gives us a bit more size for the opening 20-30 minutes.

Wouldn’t mind seeing some of the starting props from the Magpies get a bench spot this week! Been pretty strong with their yardage game

1.Bula
2.Staines
3.Faataape
4.Olam
5.Tupou
6.Sullivan
7.Sezer
8.Utoikimano
9.Korisau
10.Klemmer
11.Papalii
12.Seyfarth
13.Pole
Bench :Naden ,Twal ,Sione Fainu ,Simpkin
Assuming Bateman and Samuela out HIA protocols
Don't think Latu quite ready yet

This game needs to be won with our pack, and Bud needs to play like he belongs in the NRL.

Hopefully, he is fired up and has something to prove against his old club.

Last year the Dragons ran for the fourth fewest metres with 660. We finished in eighth with 714 metres. Neither of us have upgraded our packs, so we should win that battle, even with John and Samuela out.

We also averaged a better completion rate and made fewer mistakes than the Drags. Our problem was that we couldn't score points in the red zone. That was evident again in the Dolphins game.

Hopefully Benji rectifies that this week.

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Olam
4. Naden
5. Tupou
6. Sullivan
7. Sezer
13. Pole
12. Seyfarth
11. Papali'i
10. Klemmer
9. Koroisau (c)
8. Utoikamanu

14. Da Silva
15. Matamua
16. Sione Fainu
17. Twal

I think Benji will go with the same team as last week apart from Seyfarth in for Bateman, AJ replacing Sam F on the bench and Simpkin replacing Latu at 14. Final bench spot looks like will be Matamua. Naden still 18th man.
These guys will certainly need to lift and produce their best games especially in D.

If we want to make the top 8 this year, these are the games we must win… regardless of injuries suspensions others must step up, team effort

If Api and Latu out then maybe,

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Faatappe
4. Olam
5. Tupou
6. Bud
7. Salad
8. Stef
9. Simpkin
10. Klem
11. AJ
12. I Pap
13. Pole
14. Mason
15.Twal
16. Seyfarth
17. Matamua

If we want to make the top 8 this year, these are the games we must win… regardless of injuries suspensions others must step up, team effort
It can happen that players do step up Spidercam.
For example, the supposed worst ever Qld SOO team stood up and beat NSW 2-1 in 2020.

He looks like one of the really scary players from the This Is Footy Country ad on TV.
Ha! i respect that team , they go out there , no questions asked and play tough and scrappy. Maybe we should have that ad playing during the team monday video sessions :p

Reactions: BZN
Riccio on SEN reporting that Latu and Api both struggling with injuries in the lead up to Sunday.

also mentioned that Lomax will go to fullback with Sloan switching to the wing.
Ok that’s not good. What is good if true is Sloan going to the wing. That guy is a gun.

Ha! i respect that team , they go out there , no questions asked and play tough and scrappy. Maybe we should have that ad playing during the team monday video sessions :p
Should play them that AFL version that Telstra did.

Might get them in the right frame of mind about contesting the high ball and contesting kicks in general, just forget about all those knock ons they constantly have in AFL. :ROFLMAO:

Incidently, in the full ad at the end it mentions that they are getting smashed, so maybe not such a good idea.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Back