Nick Cotric - Thread

@jadtiger said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513153) said:
@leichhardtjunior said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513147) said:
@jadtiger said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513089) said:
@tigerwest said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513085) said:
@jadtiger said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513000) said:
@tigerwould said in [Nick Cotric](/post/1512990) said:
@jadtiger said in [Nick Cotric](/post/1512980) said:
“The Raiders won’t reach that $650,000 mark, but the Tigers are willing to go there with some additions payments being paid by the Bulldogs.

I read this as Cotric will get $650.
The Tigers putting in more than Canberra (not sure what that number is) and Bulldogs putting in the balance to get to $650.

Even if he is coming for 450-500k it still means we are paying almost 1 million for 2 wingers.To me that is just a tragic waste of money

Wouldn't it depend on if we make the top 8? Then nothing is a waste of money?

I would doubt if any team has ever made the finals paying 2 wingers combined nearly a million.That leads to a large cap imbalance something which we are finally clawing our way out of

Except ones certainly being recruited as a centre, which we have no cap spent on, or am I missing something?

Cotric is not a good center he is a good winger and i believe will end up there if he comes

In this case he upgrades from Nof or Ken who get moved on. Progress. He can cover positions they can’t. I’m not writing him off as a centre yet tho.

@leichhardtjunior said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513159) said:
“The Raiders won’t reach that $650,000 mark, but the Tigers are willing to go there with some additions payments being paid by the Bulldogs.

The Tigers putting in more than Canberra (not sure what that number is) and Bulldogs putting in the balance to get to $650.

Even if he is coming for 450-500k it still means we are paying almost 1 million for 2 wingers.To me that is just a tragic waste of money

I would doubt if any team has ever made the finals paying 2 wingers combined nearly a million.That leads to a large cap imbalance something which we are finally clawing our way out of

Except ones certainly being recruited as a centre, which we have no cap spent on, or am I missing something?

Cotric is not a good center he is a good winger and i believe will end up there if he comes

In this case he upgrades from Nof or Ken who get moved on. Progress. He can cover positions they can’t. I’m not writing him off as a centre yet tho.

Nofo will not be moved on regardless of anything else,he has 4 more years to run on a fairly large contract.I don't see the club subsidising him to go to another club it is far too costly

@jadtiger said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513160) said:

Nofo will not be moved on regardless of anything else,he has 4 more years to run on a fairly large contract.I don't see the club subsidising him to go to another club it is far too costly

I don’t get where this obsession with Noffa comes from. I get people don’t like him, that’s their prerogative, but there has been zero indication that he’s being shopped around. Like it or not, the club holds him in high regard and they have no plans on moving him on anytime soon

@gnr4life said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513161) said:
@jadtiger said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513160) said:

I don’t get where this obsession with Noffa comes from. I get people don’t like him, that’s their prerogative, but there has been zero indication that he’s being shopped around. Like it or not, the club holds him in high regard and they have no plans on moving him on anytime soon

That's what's annoying the people

@jirskyr said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1512981) said:
@isaaktigers said in [Nick Cotric](/post/1512952) said:
@wt2k said in [Nick Cotric](/post/1512946) said:
“(The Tigers are a) big chance, because they’re the only club willing to pay his salary that he was getting at the Bulldogs,” Riccio said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“It’ll be at centre, not on the wing, it’d be in the centres with the Wests Tigers.”

Tigers director of football Tim Sheens confirmed to Fox Sports that the club had met with Cotric, saying coach Michael Maguire likes what the flyer could add to the squad.

In response to those comments, club Chairman Lee Hagipantelis confirmed those talks and said discussions are ongoing with Cotric’s party.

“I saw the comments made publicly by our director of football Mr. Sheens,” Hagipantelis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“He confirmed we have had discussions (with Nic) and the discussions continue

“So, there’s always a chance.”

Cotric began his career with the Raiders where he played 93 games between 2017 and 2020 before earning his move to Canterbury.

His season with the Bulldogs in 2021 was a down one with the winger scoring just three tries from 14 appearances.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/12/01/tigers-a-big-chance-to-lure-cotric-away-from-belmore/

Lee seeks the media, even for the smallest things.

He's got a standing gig on SEN Radio, I am not sure if everyone realises this? They always ask him Tigers stuff.

Yeah and it's due to Brydon Lawyer's being a sponsor on the station I believe so not officially a Tigers thing. But yeah they're always going to fish for Tigers info

@hugh1954 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513172) said:
Dogs reporting Cotric to Tigers a done deal

What do you mean Dogs are reporting?

@hugh1954 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513172) said:
Dogs reporting Cotric to Tigers a done deal

They are also saying we are NOT paying full freight which would be correct.. We would not be paying full freight considering how we have been buying the last 12 months.. Smart pickup if true.

It’s just some dude on the kennel saying we have him … I see no actual confirmation though

@camel2281 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513169) said:
@jirskyr said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1512981) said:
@isaaktigers said in [Nick Cotric](/post/1512952) said:
@wt2k said in [Nick Cotric](/post/1512946) said:
“(The Tigers are a) big chance, because they’re the only club willing to pay his salary that he was getting at the Bulldogs,” Riccio said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“It’ll be at centre, not on the wing, it’d be in the centres with the Wests Tigers.”

Tigers director of football Tim Sheens confirmed to Fox Sports that the club had met with Cotric, saying coach Michael Maguire likes what the flyer could add to the squad.

In response to those comments, club Chairman Lee Hagipantelis confirmed those talks and said discussions are ongoing with Cotric’s party.

“I saw the comments made publicly by our director of football Mr. Sheens,” Hagipantelis said on SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“He confirmed we have had discussions (with Nic) and the discussions continue

“So, there’s always a chance.”

Cotric began his career with the Raiders where he played 93 games between 2017 and 2020 before earning his move to Canterbury.

His season with the Bulldogs in 2021 was a down one with the winger scoring just three tries from 14 appearances.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/12/01/tigers-a-big-chance-to-lure-cotric-away-from-belmore/

Lee seeks the media, even for the smallest things.

He's got a standing gig on SEN Radio, I am not sure if everyone realises this? They always ask him Tigers stuff.

Yeah and it's due to Brydon Lawyer's being a sponsor on the station I believe so not officially a Tigers thing. But yeah they're always going to fish for Tigers info

Yep people need to relax with him, he's learnt from his mistake, and not talking footy as much now.

Was the main force in the structural changes at Concord I believe which seems to be working.

@speed2burn said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513176) said:
It’s just some dude on the kennel saying we have him … I see no actual confirmation though

Supposedly with the dogs picking up 100k of his contract.

I just had a glance At the Kennell. Seriously the way they are carrying on you’d think they’re the Dragons side of the 50s/60s and we’re the Knights of 5 years ago.

I don’t think a clubs supported base that’s just won a wooden spoon and been bottom 4 the last 5 years should be throwing stones at anyone

@rowdy12 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513186) said:
I just had a glance At the Kennell. Seriously the way they are carrying on you’d think they’re the Dragons side of the 50s/60s and we’re the Knights of 5 years ago.

I don’t think a clubs supported base that’s just won a wooden spoon and been bottom 4 the last 5 years should be throwing stones at anyone

Good recruitment will make you feel 10ft tall. They’re gonna leave us for dead next year.

@gnr4life said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513187) said:

Good recruitment will make you feel 10ft tall. They’re gonna leave us for dead next year.

They must have recruited a fullback, half and hooker that I hadn’t heard about. They’ll be 4 spots higher at best

Worst fan base in the comp by a mile, completely delusional bunch

Cotric for 500k is a dud buy. Has to be said.

I’ll happily eat my words in 12 months time if I’m wrong. Still seems stupid to spend 500k on a player the spooners don’t want, to play centre when it’s not even his best position.

Lol yes they are a joke ,also said we are a very poor run club..... and they get the wooden spoon,they have a lot on the line next year if they dont perform its all down hilwith their cap management. I can see a possible tar and feathering comming

@hugh1954 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513192) said:
Lol yes they are a joke ,also said we are a very poor run club..... and they get the wooden spoon,they have a lot on the line next year if they dont perform its all down hilwith their cap management. I can see a possible tar and feathering comming

We’re the poorly run club, yet only one club is having a fire sale on long term contacted players atm

@rowdy12 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513188) said:
@gnr4life said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1513187) said:

They must have recruited a fullback, half and hooker that I hadn’t heard about. They’ll be 4 spots higher at best

And they’ll still finish above us.

Latest posts

Back