Nostalgia

Australian Rugby League team, in 1963/64 at London’s White City Stadium.
Legends everywhere.

The full team
Back row: Paul Quinn, Brian Hambly, Dick Thornett, Johnny Raper, Ian Walsh, Ken Thornett, Peter Diamond, Peter Gallagher, Noel Kelly.
Front: Ken Irvine, Jim Lisle, Graham Langlands, Barry Muir, Earl Harrison and Reg Gasnier

1700686156483.jpeg

Australian Rugby League team, in 1963/64 at London’s White City Stadium.
Legends everywhere.

The full team
Back row: Paul Quinn, Brian Hambly, Dick Thornett, Johnny Raper, Ian Walsh, Ken Thornett, Peter Diamond, Peter Gallagher, Noel Kelly.
Front: Ken Irvine, Jim Lisle, Graham Langlands, Barry Muir, Earl Harrison and Reg Gasnier

View attachment 8009
Now there’s a bunch of larrikins ! After match drinks would have been interesting, and fun .

How good was JD I think the best running fullback until Slater came along
<cough>
5a0f82_f69c3a251c01456d9c8673b2ad3a4e7e~mv2.png

This looks a bit like the street where, when you got to the bottom of the hill the only way you could turn the bus around was to reverse onto a platform built over the water.
And I was told when I was training to become a State Transit driver, that a couple of their buses actually ended up going into the water. :p
I grew up right round the corner on Nicholson St

Any of you old magpies remember Tony Ford a hard running fullback from the sixties. I have memories of watching him charge up the field at lidcombe oval .As a fullback he was ahead of his time I think.

Any of you old magpies remember Tony Ford a hard running fullback from the sixties. I have memories of watching him charge up the field at lidcombe oval .As a fullback he was ahead of his time I think.
Tony Ford was an early favorite of mine - mind you, Wests have always had special full backs

1700729480309.jpeg
1700729558312.jpeg

Back