Nostalgia

Didn’t see that at all, would never have made an editor or proof reader.
End result was correct but had to search my ageing brain for the answer.
I’ll just go and slink off into the corner !!!🤣
I didn’t know who it was either but I used to play guitar till I cut the tendons in my left hand and can’t play anymore. Devastating and mentally challenging for a long time , but still like guitars so I was checking it out more than the old codger and stumbled on the answer. 😁

Didn’t see that at all, would never have made an editor or proof reader.
End result was correct but had to search my ageing brain for the answer.
I’ll just go and slink off into the corner !!!🤣
He looked like that graham norton the queer bloke who has a pommy tv show.
The mrs watch’s it here and there.

Any of you old magpies remember Tony Ford a hard running fullback from the sixties. I have memories of watching him charge up the field at lidcombe oval .As a fullback he was ahead of his time I think.
Tony Ford was a bit of a stand out for me back at the end of the 60's and early 70's.

My memories of him were that he he had a running style where he ran hard and with his head leaning back a bit and I always thought it was a bit of an invitation for a stiff arm tackle and I'm pretty sure he copped one or two along the way.

Can't really remember for sure but I thought Tony might have copped one from one of his old Western suburbs team mates Nev Hornery when Hornery went over to play for Canterbury.

He was a hard bastard Hornery by my recollections and he and his second row mate Ron Costello were both mad and were a pretty much feared combination back in the early 70's when Canterbury were still the "Berries."

Can't help but feel that this pair of mad dogs may have been the inspiration for Canterbury becoming the dogs, although I can't remember exactly when that happened.

Tony Ford was a bit of a stand out for me back at the end of the 60's and early 70's.

My memories of him were that he he had a running style where he ran hard and with his head leaning back a bit and I always thought it was a bit of an invitation for a stiff arm tackle and I'm pretty sure he copped one or two along the way.

Can't really remember for sure but I thought Tony might have copped one from one of his old Western suburbs team mates Nev Hornery when Hornery went over to play for Canterbury.

He was a hard bastard Hornery by my recollections and he and his second row mate Ron Costello were both mad and were a pretty much feared combination back in the early 70's when Canterbury were still the "Berries."

Can't help but feel that this pair of mad dogs may have been the inspiration for Canterbury becoming the dogs, although I can't remember exactly when that happened.

<cough>
5a0f82_f69c3a251c01456d9c8673b2ad3a4e7e~mv2.png
Sorry mate. They were both Wests boys so no bias here but Joe Cool was one of the best running fullbacks I've ever seen. GJ was outstanding and probably better defensively than Joe.

Great part of the world mate ! Didn’t live there but certainly always liked it !
Sometimes dropped a line in at Lookes Avenue reserve, caught a big blue swimmer crab there one day. Only one I ever snagged.
I still go for a fish down at Ewenton park, my old spot from when I was a kid. These days you can pick up a few salmon or even a kingy on a good day. Leather jackets and old tyres back then.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
1700285997669.jpegThat kid in the lead at the right in that photo reminded me of someone, and then it came to me, a young Dave Kindig from Kindig Customs.

I am assuming these kids are the same age group but gee there is a huge variation in size.

I still go for a fish down at Ewenton park, my old spot from when I was a kid. These days you can pick up a few salmon or even a kingy on a good day. Leather jackets and old tyres back then.
Wow, yep there weren’t those kind of fish around in our younger days. Almost always leather jackets with a very occasional flathead, although I was never a real keen fisherman.

• Haha
Looks like the kid in no.7 is about to make a big run around the outside.
I haven't got a clue who they are @innsaneink.
@tiger_one will just have to spill the beans eh!
This is not going to help.
A mate on f/b posted a pic from his old school days as an example of rep athletics - and I thought it would be good to trigger a few memories of all our school athletics races.

Latest posts

Back