NRL admits bunker mistake

He also said the tigers cant get the 2 points because "they lost the game"
I can imagine what he and nrl officials are thinking
Why so much fuss its only the tigers for gods sake
I'm worried officials will double down in next few weeks angry because we've embarrassed them
He is a dangling puppet.
That call (2 pts ) is not for him to make . The idiot has virtually told us it’s already been discussed .
If that’s their priority before a proper investigation, this also tells me nothing has so far been dealt with properly. Heads will roll.

By this logic we got penalised for a rule that literally was invented in that very moment. Did someone say corruption?
Call it whatever you like, I prefer to call it as incompetence. I can see why they made the decision they did- it was 100% wrong and we should take whatever legal options available to us. But I don't see anything that would suggest cheating, corruption etc. I do believe we have a case to make but no way are we going to win that case.

New song playing in my house , a tribute to the NRL COMMISSION .
Richard Marks CLASSIC

La la la la
you say it best , when you say nothing at all

Up next
Queen
we will we will rock you

and of course
Survivor
da dada da da da daaaaa
eye of the tiger

GIVE IT UP FOR THE NRL
wwwwooooooooo🤟

I think this is where the "name" needs to change. Annesley had proved that it's not really a "captains challenge".. it's a "Captain's review".
And this has been used before, I can't think of specific games but when it was first brought in, teams were challenging towards the end of the game to give their side a breather. They would "challenge" the call of tackled, or ball going over the line.

The on-field ref wanted to shirk his responsibility. He just wanted to send it to the bunker so that "just in case" it was a penalty, then Cowboys would've been calling for his head. No ref ever gets in trouble to refer something upstairs. He saw an opportunity to divert his responsibility to the bunker. I doubt he thought much about all the legal ramifications. I don't think he would have had the time to.

The most interesting bit that hasn't been unraveled is whether the bunker tipped off the on-field ref when it had no right to. If they did, it further goes on to highlight the bias against smaller teams.

The on-field ref wanted to shirk his responsibility. He just wanted to send it to the bunker so that "just in case" it was a penalty, then Cowboys would've been calling for his head. No ref ever gets in trouble to refer something upstairs. He saw an opportunity to divert his responsibility to the bunker. I doubt he thought much about all the legal ramifications. I don't think he would have had the time to.

The most interesting bit that hasn't been unraveled is whether the bunker tipped off the on-field ref when it had no right to. If they did, it further goes on to highlight the bias against smaller teams.

Which is why the club has asked for the audio tapes from the bunker (amongst other audio).I have heard that the NRL have commissioned Oliver North to "find" the evidence

This is the most telling thing for me. He clearly wasn’t up to the job in a pressure moment. Needs to me sacked for at least a season to develop that skill. Pointless having him there otherwise

I think that's a pretty good explanation:

1. First whistle is always to stop play as the ref was told the time has elapsed, then usually the second whistle will indicate game over.
2. The captain's challenge was done after the first whistle and the second whistle was never blown so it is considered a 'stoppage' but game isn't over until the ref blows the second whistle.

As for the call itself, when I saw it in normal speed, I thought it was a 50/50. The more replays suggested it may have been a 40-60. Definitely not enough to overturn the decision.

No issues with the process IMO, definitely a bit of gamesmanship and smartness by Townsend/Feldt.
Similar confusion at the end of Wests Matt’s Cup semi final win over Canberra this year. Everyone thought the game was over but ref hadn't blown the second whistle. He then proceeded to send three of our blokes off (they’d run on from the bench thinking game was over) and he gave the Raiders a penalty (which thankfully they didn’t score from).

Reactions: BZN
Wow just saw the photo of val Holmes kicking the ball from the tigers side of the half way line

NRL is a damn joke lmfao 🤣
If that was a penalty for the WT, I am sure that every little movement even in the crowd would be penalised, and they would find the grounds for the decision.
Every possible NRL rule that can be used against the WT would be used, while the oppositions moves are nearly never scrutinised.
E.g. Maumaolo sholder charge: 10 min immediately,
Eye gauging on To'a, obvious on the screen, the bunker just "move on, nothing to see there", not even a penalty, and certainly no 10 min.

The bunker never check the offside if it is against the WT, no 0.00001 inch scrutinising!

Bunker never checked if the opposition' players entered the WT half before Holmes kicked the ball, also the position of Holmes's foot before he kicked it!
And it was just 1 s to the end of the game, plenty of time to double check everything! But they rushed this time, because it was against the WT!

Similar confusion at the end of Wests Matt’s Cup semi final win over Canberra this year. Everyone thought the game was over but ref hadn't blown the second whistle. He then proceeded to send three of our blokes off (they’d run on from the bench thinking game was over) and he gave the Raiders a penalty (which thankfully they didn’t score from).
They ran on to join in a fight. Completely different situation

They ran on to join in a fight. Completely different situation
“Similar confusion” ... my comment pertained to confusion about the game being over.

Of course it was a different situation - one was first grade the other under 17s, one was at Townsville the other at Kogarah, one saw the lead change the other didn’t, one team went on to win the comp the other won’t 🤣 ... blah blah

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
“Similar confusion” ... my comment pertained to confusion about the game being over.

Of course it was a different situation - one was first grade the other under 17s, one was at Townsville the other at Kogarah, one saw the lead change the other didn’t, one team went on to win the comp the other won’t 🤣 ... blah blah
There was no confusion that game was over. A fight broke out on full time. There was always going to be further consequences.

Staff online

Back