NRL. Anti-Vaxers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have been jabbed, good for you. You dont need to tell the others that they are stupid, selfish or dumb.

If you havent had the jab, good for you too. You dont need to tell anyone how theyve blindly followed unintelligent and uneducated politicians.

Its a personal choice.

ALL choices in life come with consequences, usually for the protection of the majority in our democratic society.

If I don't get a licence, I cant drive a car. If I dont join the Woolworths rewards club, I pay an extra 10c for toilet paper. If I buy a house, I pay stamp duty. If I smoke, I have a higher chance of lung disease. If I go to the airport, I wear a mask. etc etc etc.

All choices, made with the knowledge of consequences and rules.

If I dont get the jab, I dont work in some jobs.

Simple really.

@dgilly said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505132) said:
I work at a hospital and have gotten the vax but please stop parading about how intelligent you are for having gotten it. You've blindly followed what you've been told without understanding how mrna or spike proteins work either. Frankly if the news told you not to get it you wouldn't.

How do you know that people don't know how mrna and spike proteins work?

@swordy said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505135) said:
If you have been jabbed, good for you. You dont need to tell the others that they are stupid, selfish or dumb.

If you havent had the jab, good for you too. You dont need to tell anyone how theyve blindly followed unintelligent and uneducated politicians.

Its a personal choice.

ALL choices in life come with consequences, usually for the protection of the majority in our democratic society.

If I don't get a licence, I cant drive a car. If I dont join the Woolworths rewards club, I pay an extra 10c for toilet paper. If I buy a house, I pay stamp duty. If I smoke, I have a higher chance of lung disease. If I go to the airport, I wear a mask. etc etc etc.

All choices, made with the knowledge of consequences and rules.

If I dont get the jab, I dont work in some jobs.

Simple really.

Exactly Swordy ...you live and die by your choices in life ...don't complain when when you can't have your cake and eat it .....

I work at a hospital and have gotten the vax but please stop parading about how intelligent you are for having gotten it. You've blindly followed what you've been told without understanding how mrna or spike proteins work either. Frankly if the news told you not to get it you wouldn't.

What do you do at the hospital?
It must be relevant seeing as you mentioned it in your broad generalising swipe.
The media is merely the channel many get their info and advice frim highly qualified ied experts

@dyloh said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505127) said:
Isn’t Myocarditis stemming from the vaccines a genuine concern? There’s been a fair few athletes in various sports that have collapsed mid game from cardiac arrest over the past year (Eriksen, Agureo, Sadecky). NRL is a fairly physically demanding sport, sometimes played in some extreme heat. If this is their concern, pretty harsh to write them off as a conspiracy theorist or just being difficult.

Eriksen wasn't vaccinated when he collapsed. I haven't seen any evidence anywhere that vaccinated-related heart issues are impacting professional sportspersons. Please provide the link / source otherwise?

Aguero was COVID positive in Jan/21.

@innsaneink said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505154) said:

It must be relevant seeing as you mentioned it in your broad generalising swipe.
The media is merely the channel many get their info and advice frim highly qualified ied experts

It's generally intelligent to follow advice from a consensus of experts, particularly when you yourself are not an expert.

Life, culture, art, sport and science is far far too broad in the modern world for any one person to be, or rapidly become, an expert in many fields. So taking expert advice is a sound strategy.

@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505182) said:

It's generally intelligent to follow advice from a consensus of experts, particularly when you yourself are not an expert.

Life, culture, art, sport and science is far far too broad in the modern world for any one person to be, or rapidly become, an expert in many fields. So taking expert advice is a sound strategy.

What, are you telling me those people who share Facebook links aren’t experts?

@cochise said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505150) said:

You're telling me 100% of vaccinated people can fully explain the mechanisms behind mrna and spike proteins? Okay

I said it so people couldn't accuse me of being an ignorant anti vaxxer - I wished to make it clear I have gotten it and am not against it before I then made my statement. And I work in medical research

@dgilly said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505223) said:
@cochise said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505150) said:

You're telling me 100% of vaccinated people can fully explain the mechanisms behind mrna and spike proteins? Okay

You didn't say some people mate, you made a general statement that people here "you" blindly follow and don't understand mrna and spike proteins, it is completely rubbish mate. If the majority of medical experts were telling me not to get it then I probably wouldn't get it but that is not the case.

@dgilly said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505224) said:

I said it so people couldn't accuse me of being an ignorant anti vaxxer - I wished to make it clear I have gotten it and am not against it before I then made my statement. And I work in medical research

I still find you to be fairly ignorant if I am being honest.

@cochise said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505227) said:

By assuming most people don't know how complex medical innovations work? Okay I take back "you" and instead I'll say "its likely that you".

@dgilly said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505229) said:

By assuming most people don't know how complex medical innovations work? Okay I take back "you" and instead I'll say "its likely that you".

It is incredibly likely that you don't know anything about the people you are making generalisations about.

@cochise said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505231) said:

It is incredibly likely that you don't know anything about the people you are making generalisations about.

Okay cochise you're right. Everyone who has gotten the vax knows exactly how spike proteins and mrna works. I'm an idiot for assuming that despite these being complex scientific developments researched by people with PHDs, everyone who's gotten the vaccine knows the exact mechanisms behind how it works and didn't just do it because they were told to. Happy?

@dgilly said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505233) said:

Okay cochise you're right. Everyone who has gotten the vax knows exactly how spike proteins and mrna works. I'm an idiot for assuming that despite these being complex scientific developments researched by people with PHDs, everyone who's gotten the vaccine knows the exact mechanisms behind how it works and didn't just do it because they were told to. Happy?

I'm a little grumpy today, sorry if I came across as having a go at you.

@cochise said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505236) said:
@dgilly said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505233) said:

I'm a little grumpy today, sorry if I came across as having a go at you.

All good :)

In regards to WT, we have 5 games outside of NSW (including one in NZ). Politics aside, is it worth it to grab some of these anti-vax players like Nelson Asofa-Solomona? If they stay injury-free, they would only miss 5 games...

@tiger-tarl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505239) said:
In regards to WT, we have 5 games outside of NSW (including one in NZ). Politics aside, is it worth it to grab some of these anti-vax players like Nelson Asofa-Solomona? If they stay injury-free, they would only miss 5 games...

I wouldn't

@cochise said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505240) said:

I wouldn't

why?

If they're good and can
play... Yes
Gimmee NAS anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back