NRL finals footy discussion 2026

I’m glad that either the top 4, or 50 point hoodoo will be broken this year

I think it was mentioned on this forum earlier this year that 50 points is the new 30

I’m hoping the Knights can pull off an upset

If they turn up and play the way they played yesterday then they’ll take it home

Side note - I always believed Sandon Smith was going to be a gun. Ponga/Brown/Smith/Crossland

Knights have their big 4
 
I’m glad that either the top 4, or 50 point hoodoo will be broken this year

I think it was mentioned on this forum earlier this year that 50 points is the new 30

I’m hoping the Knights can pull off an upset

If they turn up and play the way they played yesterday then they’ll take it home

Side note - I always believed Sandon Smith was going to be a gun. Ponga/Brown/Smith/Crossland

Knights have their big 4
I think the roosters pack led by Whyte will kick the front door in unfortunately
That roosters backline is unbelievable
That roosters spine
teddy/DCE/walker/Robson all big name players

Hope I am wrong as I want newcastle to win.
 
Poor Taniela
 
I have really enjoyed watching Newcastle play the last 2 weeks. I hope they win the GF!.

What has stood out for me is how much coinscious and subconscious trust and belief they have in each other.

To me that is the first and non negotiable ingredient to a successful football team.


We had this in spades the first 7 rounds, then Luai signing with PNG and Douhei refusing to play with his team put the nail in blowing away any trust and belief the team had in each other.

I can't see how Adam Douhei can stay with the club and regain that trust, subconsciously his team mates will have doubt everytime he screws up a play or has a poor defensive read. He needs to go elsewhere and start again, the WT can't afford to keep him with that doubt

IF Benji and the coaches can re-instill the belief and trust and the injury gods look after us we should have a good 2027, fingers crossed.
 
The talent is finally dwindling. Penrith have done so well for so long despite losing many of their big names at the start of each season. The replacements have stepped up each year, but the talent pool is nowhere near what it once was. I can’t write them off as a possible finals contender for a couple more years, but their dynasty is well and truly over.
I think more so they built a structure around one guy (to be fair the best player in the comp). When he’s not there they look a good rather than an outstanding team. Whether they can reinvent themselves when he’s not there is the question.
 
Only because of Cleary's injury...the tackle itself to me looked rather innocuous....Ive seen worse hip drops and the player gets a fine at worst
Hip drop severity is based on the injury....its the only foul in the game thats judged this way, when imo most seem to be accidents in a collision sport I find this quite ridiculous.
Yesterdays happened in a split second and saw Crossland coming from Clearys side at an angle when most seem to be from behind
I dont know what the NRL expect clubs and trainers to do in this situation when stopping the ball runner is paramount to a defender, sometimes the ball runners reaction can contribute to a hip drop, something a defender cant adjust to
 
Hip drop severity is based on the injury....its the only foul in the game thats judged this way, when imo most seem to be accidents in a collision sport I find this quite ridiculous.
Yesterdays happened in a split second and saw Crossland coming from Clearys side at an angle when most seem to be from behind
I dont know what the NRL expect clubs and trainers to do in this situation when stopping the ball runner is paramount to a defender, sometimes the ball runners reaction can contribute to a hip drop, something a defender cant adjust to
The NRL have caused it by making the game as fast as humanly possible. It’s making the game more and more dangerous. Then they will turn around and punish players for the predicament they themselves have put them in.
 
The NRL have caused it by making the game as fast as humanly possible. It’s making the game more and more dangerous. Then they will turn around and punish players for the predicament they themselves have put them in.
Thats hard to argue

Id love to see stats on where on the field most occur, Id say the majority would be in the attacking zone
 

Latest posts

Back
Top