NRL Rd 14 *Spoilers

WT2K

Staff member
Forum Leader
Cowboys looking the goods. Dragons not so much.

This is getting scrappy. All I wanted tonight is JT to play well for supercoach. He ties up so much of the cowboys cap hey.

The cows look sharp. Their attack is free flowing chance your hand footy which reminds me of us back in 2005 - but their defence is why they're winning games. It's in your face, get it done for your mate beside you.

Todd has this team humming.

This is getting scrappy. All I wanted tonight is JT to play well for supercoach. He ties up so much of the cowboys cap hey.
84 points for Lolo. Good start to the round

Cows have won 7 in a row, And they haven’t just beaten bottom feeders, they have some impressive scalps in the Storm and Parra. They had a bottom 4 side on paper at the start of the year. Payton looks on track to be coach of the year.

The cows look sharp. Their attack is free flowing chance your hand footy which reminds me of us back in 2005 - but their defence is why they're winning games. It's in your face, get it done for your mate beside you.

Todd has this team humming.
Dean Young is their defencive coach.

Cows have won 7 in a row, And they haven’t just beaten bottom feeders, they have some impressive scalps in the Storm and Parra. They had a bottom 4 side on paper at the start of the year. Payton looks on track to be coach of the year.
They have been impressive, but so far they have only played once in NSW against Panthers.
That is a huge advantage, imagine if we had played 11 game at our home ground (whoops grounds).

Thoughts.
Wonder if Lucy’s early release becomes more prominent now with Cowboys previously keen and us no longer in finals contention (pending luki injury)
Dragons. How safe is Griffin? Could they be a smokie for a Cameron Ciraldo debut?

Thoughts.
Wonder if Lucy’s early release becomes more prominent now with Cowboys previously keen and us no longer in finals contention (pending luki injury)
Dragons. How safe is Griffin? Could they be a smokie for a Cameron Ciraldo debut?
Get them to kick the can and let him go

They have been impressive, but so far they have only played once in NSW against Panthers.
That is a huge advantage, imagine if we had played 11 game at our home ground (whoops grounds).
We've only played 2 games outside of NSW so not much of an advantage. Credit where credit is due.

Thoughts.
Why would we release Lucy for nothing in return especially given most of his salary for this year would’ve been paid. Besides I think he will play more prop than backrow for them.

Hook has alot of backers at the Dragons can’t see him being punted this year.

Why would we release Lucy for nothing in return especially given most of his salary for this year would’ve been paid. Besides I think he will play more prop than backrow for them.

Hook has alot of backers at the Dragons can’t see him being punted this year.
Just the comment from sheens about wanting to start giving our younger players a go.
We have 3 backrowers as development players.
For mine it would make sense to release Lucy or Kelma or Garner honourably to free up opportunities for us to blood the younger backrowers we have during the remainder of the year. Of course we could do that with them still In the squad but why set us back by playing him 80 / half a game or just off the bench.
It wouldn’t be a money thing at all. Not sure Lucy is on that big a contract maybe $350k so maybe gives us $100k in our pocket. Not sure about the others Garner may be on something similar.

Just the comment from sheens about wanting to start giving our younger players a go.
For mine it would make sense to release Lucy or Kelma or Garner honourably to free up opportunities for us to blood the younger backrowers we have during the remainder of the year. Of course we could do that with them still In the squad but why set us back by playing him 80 / half a game or just off the bench.
It wouldn’t be a money thing at all. Not sure Lucy is on that big a contract maybe $350k so maybe gives us $100k in our pocket. Not sure about the others Garner may be on something similar.
yep,save some pennies and b a development club

Get that but you still need experience around the kids. No point playing them and they get flogged every week, beaten and dominated.

That doesn’t help their development.

The kids play if they are good enough right now, no one has staked a claim via NSW Cup to get a run really.

Get that but you still need experience around the kids. No point playing them and they get flogged every week, beaten and dominated.

That doesn’t help their development.

The kids play if they are good enough right now, no one has staked a claim via NSW Cup to get a run really.
No I agree. However we are banking on these kids being the clubs future, shouldn’t we start rotating them through first grade to get a gage?
Lucy / Garner are playing 80mins maybe that changes with Kimmorely but what if it doesn’t. We get to next year with 3 backrowers on Dev Contracts around 19-20 years old and no first grade experience.
Also the train and trial guys, there might be some forwards in that group that could get tested out.

It’s just an observation and an option if it becomes available.
Who knows which way the club will go.

Back