Nrl skills weekend

chopper

Was just watching the nba all stars weekend
And was wishing the nrl would have one

So we could know who the fastest, best kicker.

Like have

100m
40m
Hardest hit
Agility test
Biggest bench press
Kicking at goal
Passing
Best try celebration

They could make it as part of a stand alone state of origin weekend

What would you want to see
Would you even watch it
What do you think?

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

I think it would be an interesting concept. The 100 sprint would be the main event I'd say, but there are plenty of things to do. Beep test would start off boring but would get quite exciting seeing who fights it out.

Could be a great charity promotion.

I'm sure some will be interested.

Wouldn't do anything for me.

I like watching the game.

If they made it free entry (say at ANZ) , and also used the day as a 16 club membership drive and the kids got to meet the players , I'd say it'll be a good concept .

was just thinking that

nba all stars skills looked amazing!

you could have field goals as well. Say a minute or two to knock off 5 field goals from evenly placed markers from 1 sideline to the other (just like NBA 3 pt challenge).

maybe have a 9s game or two as well

I really like the concept. I think nrl really lacks making a game day an event and something like this could potentially see bigger numbers through the gates.

Could make it apart of the 9s weekend and add an extra day

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.1.7_

The only two I'd be interested in are goal kicking and field goals

If someone was injured you'd never hear the end of it

This would be like a 2 hour addition to the 9's. And might add some interest. Or could have this before an international match to get some people to turn up.

Interesting to note people only really turn up to watch the 3point shoot out and the Dunk contest. No-one really cares about the rookie v sophomore game, the skills challenge etc.

Nah.

Though the 100m sprint is a good idea. I'd do that like the AFL though and have it on GF day. Have each club select their fastest player, have 2 heats, then the top 4 from each go into the final.

@Geo. said:
Bring back the half-time ball relay race….

Oh and Cardboard on the Hill ….dashing for the corner post at full-time....those were the days...

Latest posts

Staff online

Back