One for the kids, and the big kids

innsaneink

Ever wanted to know what it felt like to score a try at Leichhardt Oval? Ever wondered what the players felt as they sprint down the sideline?

NOW YOU CAN!

Wests Tigers are inviting their fans and members to take part in an exclusive "Take to the Turf" at Leichhardt Oval following the conclusion of Sunday's Round 8 clash.

After the Club's Round 8 NRL match against the Gold Coast Titans, Wests Tigers fans and members can take to the field for an exclusive post-match experience — kicking balls or simply running down the sideline for a short period of time.

The match is scheduled to end around 5:00pm AEST, with a siren approximately 10 minutes after players have cleared the field inviting all fans to take to the turf.

That will invite fans to take to the field for a 20 minute period.

Wests Tigers will provide more information on the mechanics and details of the experience before and after the match has finished, so make sure you get to Leichhardt Oval at 3:00pm and support the boys as they look to make it four wins in a row!

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2014/04/27/take_to_the_turf_round_8.html

I was hoping to read about jumping castles when i clicked on the thread title

Sad panda

The clubs marketing team is doing wonders.

Great incentive but why the bloody hell are they advertising it a day before the game?

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Sounds like a good promotion. Speaking of kids what is it like for them on the hill when it's wet? Is there anywhere for them to sit or does everyone stand?

probably best to get some seats i think, they could probably sit under cover on the ground in the members area (not in any seats though) and they wouldn't be able to see the game. Saw some doing that last time, on their phones or something…. damn kids these days!

there were some seats up at the northern end (im not very good with compasses, but the other end from keith barnes) that are GA. not undercover though, so your ass will be wet by the looks of it.

@Ghostdogg said:
Sounds like a good promotion. Speaking of kids what is it like for them on the hill when it's wet? Is there anywhere for them to sit or does everyone stand?

Everyone stands on the hill

Also this Take to the Turf has been cancelled due to the weather and the ground

Great idea by the club

One of my fondest memories as a young bloke was getting to run onto the ground and kick the ball around where my childhood heroes had only just finished playing

Buts it nothing like finally getting out and playing on these grounds

Every time I played on Suncorp (Lang Park still in those days ) it was like Holy S&%t Wally Lewis played here or is playing here in two games time

Well done Tigers

Wests Tigers ‏@Wests_Tigers 46m

Unfortunately, due to poor weather, there will be no “Take to the Turf” after today’s match. Wests Tigers apologise for any inconvenience.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back