One home ground

Ok sorry mate.
Have you looked at the history of the grounds.
A lot of show grounds were name such post war to show cattle and farm stuff. Showbags originally were called sample bags because they contained samples of coal to entice people to buy it instead of timber. Off topic sorry.
Lets go to a refurbished CS.

Ok sorry mate.
Have you looked at the history of the grounds.
A lot of show grounds were name such post war to show cattle and farm stuff. Showbags originally were called sample bags because they contained samples of coal to entice people to buy it instead of timber. Off topic sorry.
Lets go to a refurbished CS.
All good ..
Katoomba showground has a footy field surrounded by a speedway track
Unsure of its prehistoric history 😂

No to Campbelltown
Too far off the main corridor plus I don’t want my wheels nicked 😂

Homebush is the logical answer as it is central for all of our Sydney base
Yes, I think thats the logical- we're not keen on shared - rules out SFS, Bankwest Parra; Henson Park and Belmore; 'traditional' Leichhardt and Campbelltown both require major work even if possible and are often too parochial for some; Lidcombe Oval is way past it; Concord not capable. What other option than Homebush is there? It ticks boxes for ease of transport, parking, facilities and close enough to club.

What other possible options are there? (PS I'd love to see the club leading this discussion and making decisions resultant from it). I vaguely recall someone mentioned the club with help of major sponsors and govt loans could build somewhere inner west (Glebe- Lilyfield tram environs I think). That could be an alternate option.

This has bedevilled the club for way too long.

Edit- or we could canvas a relocation but I remain concerned abut our local borders, competitions and junior bases.

I personally don't see the point in having Accor, Leichhardt or Campbelltown as the main homegrounds. There's not much else to do there other than go to the game.

Allianz is within the CBD, families can go and eat out, explore the city, go karting, go to the beach at Randwick etc.. I understand getting there is a pain for regulars but the regulars will usually go most places anyway. It becomes difficult with Thursday and Friday night games for sure though.

You wanna be the big dog, you gotta be among the big dogs at SFS.

I'd be happy to take one home game a year at Leichhardt and one at Campbelltown to honourable our traditional Foundational Clubs.. (maybe on Thursday and Friday nights for the locals) butt even that I'd stop within 5 years as most of the generation that supported those clubs primarily will be in their 60s by then.

Agree with Ink, just bite the bullet, pick a home ground and stick with it. F those who complainf. I'd honestly even be happy with CommBank Stadium. Parra is more central to our supporter base than any other grounds, heaps to do at Parra for families too.

Yes, I think thats the logical- we're not keen on shared - rules out SFS, Bankwest Parra; Henson Park and Belmore; 'traditional' Leichhardt and Campbelltown both require major work even if possible and are often too parochial for some; Lidcombe Oval is way past it; Concord not capable. What other option than Homebush is there? It ticks boxes for ease of transport, parking, facilities and close enough to club.

What other possible options are there? (PS I'd love to see the club leading this discussion and making decisions resultant from it). I vaguely recall someone mentioned the club with help of major sponsors and govt loans could build somewhere inner west (Glebe- Lilyfield tram environs I think). That could be an alternate option.

This has bedevilled the club for way too long.

Edit- or we could canvas a relocation but I remain concerned abut our local borders, competitions and junior bases.
I started this the other week looking at options:

NRL

Canterbury Bulldogs- Belmore Sports Ground (20,000)

South Syd Rabbitohs- Stadium Australia / SFS

Sydney Roosters- Sydney Football Stadium

Manly Sea Eagles- Brookvale Oval (20,000) – owned Northern Beaches Council

Cronulla Sharks- Shark Park, PointsBet Stadium (20,000), Woollooware

St George Dragons:
  • Jubilee Oval, Kogarah (20,500)
  • WIN Stadium Wollongong (23,000
Parramatta Eels- Bankwest Stadium Parra (30,000) - owned by Venues NSW for NSW Govt

Penrith Panthers- BlueBet Stadium (22,500) – owned by Penrith City Council

Wests Tigers
  • Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield (20,000) – owned by Inner West Council
  • Campbelltown Stadium (18,000) – owned by Campbelltown City Council
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.nswrl.com.au/ladder/?competition=113&round=24&season=2022

Knock On Effect State Cup Sydney Teams

Newtown Jets – Henson Park

Penrith Panther – Panthers Stadium

North Sydney Bears – North Sydney Oval

Canterbury Bulldogs – Belmore Sports Ground / Stadium Australia

Parramatta Eels – Bankwest Stadium

South Sydney Rabbitohs - Metricon High Performance Centre, Redfern Oval

St George Dragons - Jubilee Oval and WIN Stadium

Mounties - GIO Stadium/Aubrey Keech Reserve

Western Suburbs Magpies – Lidcombe Oval

Manly Sea Eagles – Lottoland Brookvale Oval
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternate locations outside Sydney:

Central Coast Stadium (20,000), Gosford NSW

Optus Stadium, Burswood, Perth WA (60- 65,000)

HBF Park / Perth Oval, Pier St Perth WA (20,000)

Adelaide Oval, North Adelaide SA (50,000)

I personally don't see the point in having Accor, Leichhardt or Campbelltown as the main homegrounds. There's not much else to do there other than go to the game.

Allianz is within the CBD, families can go and eat out, explore the city, go karting, go to the beach at Randwick etc.. I understand getting there is a pain for regulars but the regulars will usually go most places anyway. It becomes difficult with Thursday and Friday night games for sure though.

I'd be happy to take one home game a year at Leichhardt and one at Campbelltown to honourable our traditional Foundational Clubs.. (maybe on Thursday and Friday nights for the locals) butt even that I'd stop within 5 years as most of the generation that supported those clubs primarily will be in their 60s by then.

Agree with Ink, just bite the bullet, pick a home ground and stick with it. F those who complainf. I'd honestly even be happy with CommBank Stadium. Parra is more central to our supporter base than any other grounds, heaps to do at Parra for families too.
Hooray, my sentiments exactly.
What we need is a "WT" home ground that will take us into the future. The only thing I'd be wary of is where can we go that would see us there for practically a generation to come.
The reason people don't want to let go of their home grounds is because it's in their blood.
The only reason I used Lismore as an example is the team is already well received there and it should be a venue where the club could stay for a long time.
Kids there already must be wondering when they can see there heroes again.
The reality is we would only play there for a few home games anyway.
I'm sure the NRL wants the big stadium as the only venues in the future.

Yep agree. Being nomads hasn't worked for us.

LO for me.

I've never been to Randwick beach. Is it patrolled?

The club needs to do more to promote themselves out west !!! The magpies just won the Harold Matts & the Campbelltown region is like a gold mine for young talent. I'm not saying to play all the home games there but having our home ground as the SCG doesn't really establish any identity for us which we are solely lacking, the SCG will always be viewed as Easts & South's home ground not the Wests Tigers. 8 games at Campbelltown 4 games at Leichardt imo.

You mean The ones that go to LO but don't go to CSS?
Both grounds have their flaws and positives, but both need upgrades majorly. But while the numbers of attendance are low at CS they will not make that their number 1 ground when the fans that do live there can’t be bothered to go to the game.

It is still more about which corporates would be happy to entertain clients there etc.

The corporate dollar is the main determining factor - and the big end of town has no interest in establishing a significant footprint in the Macarthur region.
As I said if the people that live in the MacArthur region are willing to go to the game when they do play there than maybe the club would consider it but when they played 2 games there and have less than 10000 in attendance they won’t move out that way.

Both grounds have their flaws and positives, but both need upgrades majorly. But while the numbers of attendance are low at CS they will not make that their number 1 ground when the fans that do live there can’t be bothered to go to the game.
Maybe the ones that do live there are the ones that go...and the excess that is the extra patronage that LO sees, are the ones that dont go

Latest posts

Back