Onitoni Large

I get the feeling if he's staying around that Onitoni will be seen as a 1 from here on out.

it definitely suits his skillset a lot more. his speed allows him to get on the outside of the three man with ease and his ballplaying will do the rest. having him supporting through the middle is also going to be dynamite.

furthermore, it's an easier trip up the depth chart given he really only has Bula and Mason to unseat, whereas in the halves he's up against Galvin, Luai, Latu and one of Bud and Sezer.

exciting times.

More cash at fullback! Well done.
I remember when Benji went to union. They put him at fullback there to learn the game.

IMHO it's probably the best place to start for him. First grade fullback trains you skills for FB, winger and you understand positioning as well.

Hope the players we are loosing are lost so we can keep Large.

I remember when Benji went to union. They put him at fullback there to learn the game.

IMHO it's probably the best place to start for him. First grade fullback trains you skills for FB, winger and you understand positioning as well.

Hope the players we are loosing are lost so we can keep Large.
There must be a trade-off to keep the very best unfortunately.

Fullback also pays well compared to the three quarter line. The pay for good fullbacks is equivalent to halves. That’s an important piece to the puzzle of keeping this young man. Opportunity and money at fullback at the tigers.

So promising that Large has been picked in Flegg. Must be positive for retaining him. Having Bula and Large compete for the 1 can only be good. Both have enormously high ceilings.

Perfect outcome would be Large dominating lower grades for the next 2 years, with Bula physically developing a little more to play as a centre... we are the tigers however and things rarely go to plan.

Large
Skelton
Bula
Makasini
Lauli'li
Galvin
Luai

fantasy football at the moment, but all playing to reported potential that is the backline of dreams.

Last edited:
So promising that Large has been picked in Flegg. Must be positive for retaining him. Having Bula and Large compete for the 1 can only be good. Both have enormously high ceilings.

Perfect outcome would be Large dominating lower grades for the next 2 years, with Bula physically developing a little more to play as a centre... we are the tigers however and things rarely go to plan.

Large
Skelton
Bula
Makasini
Lauli'li
Galvin
Luai

fantasy football at the moment, but all playing to reported potential that is the backline of dreams.
Premiership in 2028/29! Love it

I get the feeling if he's staying around that Onitoni will be seen as a 1 from here on out.

it definitely suits his skillset a lot more. his speed allows him to get on the outside of the three man with ease and his ballplaying will do the rest. having him supporting through the middle is also going to be dynamite.

furthermore, it's an easier trip up the depth chart given he really only has Bula and Mason to unseat, whereas in the halves he's up against Galvin, Luai, Latu and one of Bud and Sezer.

exciting times.
It also helps if he has long term desires of being a 6 or 7 to replace Luai when / if his contract expires.

Large
Skelton
Bula
Makasini
Lauli'li
Galvin
Luai

I like that fantasy!
Lets hope it works out.
Wish we had an equivalent fantasy pack of forwards?

Any reports how did he go at fullback?
Seen a comment saying he’s off to Souths

Any reports how did he go at fullback?
Seen a comment saying he’s off to Souths
It was Makasini that I said I heard a rumour he would be off to Souths. But I qualified that rumour by saying it was probably not reliable.

Back