Origin 2023

Is Brett Morris a coach at Roosters in some capacity?

I think he could be a possibility.

Otherwise, is there a looooooong chance that Robbie Farah could get involved in this? I think he's probably the only Blues player in the last 10 years to be involved in some sort of coaching.

I can't imagine a non Origin player being a good Origin coach.

Is Brett Morris a coach at Roosters in some capacity?

I think he could be a possibility.

Otherwise, is there a looooooong chance that Robbie Farah could get involved in this? I think he's probably the only Blues player in the last 10 years to be involved in some sort of coaching.

I can't imagine a non Origin player being a good Origin coach.
Please, take Robbie!!

None of its makes sense.
Weedler is an imbecile.

I can't see Sticky or Bellamy jumping at the opportunity.

Ennis & Gal makes sense but they probably don't have the expertise.

I think the current maroons team is about to go on another decade long with Slater at the helm.
Gal's the only one of those that works for the promoter of the exhibition game, channel 9.
So it's between Gal, Karl Stefanovic, Sarah Abdo and Humphrey B Bear for the job.

I have it from a reliable source the John Cartwright has put his hat in the ring but thinks the decision has already been made.
Just to add a bit more detail. I received the good oil last Sunday that Carty had thrown his hat in the ring for a coaching gig with the Blues. He also said at that time he thought a decision had already been made. Not sure if that was to continue with Freddy or not. I have reached out to see what has happened since, but I expect John is a little busy getting the Donkeys up for the GF to be F:<>ed with the Blues at the moment.

Given the state of flux in the blues camp it is time to be revolutionary in the approach - ditch the walking on the grass in bare feet and bring back some soul. I know that Carty is keen to have a crack at the NSW gig and I also know that Gal is passionate about SOO and there are a couple sniffing around the coaching scene that have a bit of nouse and tenacity.

My pick for NSW would be: Gal, Carty, Timmins and Buderus. Gal and Carty looking after "attitude" and by that I mean bring a bit of mongrel into the NSW camp and Timmins and Buderus finessing the spine and pulling the attack together. Pick one of them as the taking head - none of them have NRL head coaching commitments, all of them have skin in the game and they are all pretty cluey when it comes to winning a game of footy!

Just got some late mail - according to my feed Fittler wanted 2 more years on same money, NSW offered 1 year for less money. He originally agreed to the deal but then changed his mind at the last minute. I guess $ trumps passion!

You are so funny! He can't anyway - he's from the ACT and also head coach of NZ. The ACT only counts as being part of NSW when we want it to, just like the NSW Group 2 competion forms part of QLD when you guys want it to. Madge as NSW coach is something we don't want!
You're joking about the ACT bit, arnt you?

Gal's the only one of those that works for the promoter of the exhibition game, channel 9.
So it's between Gal, Karl Stefanovic, Sarah Abdo and Humphrey B Bear for the job.
inspired by the Muppets - radical changes we talk about:

Coach: The Animal
Defence Coach: Swedish Chef
CEO: Count von Count
Board: Statler and Waldorf
HB: Kermit Frog
Hard running/tackling prop: Big Bird

Just got some late mail - according to my feed Fittler wanted 2 more years on same money, NSW offered 1 year for less money. He originally agreed to the deal but then changed his mind at the last minute. I guess $ trumps passion!
He hasn’t done a great job, the lessened contract deal makes sense.
You gotta earn your way.

You are so funny! He can't anyway - he's from the ACT and also head coach of NZ. The ACT only counts as being part of NSW when we want it to, just like the NSW Group 2 competion forms part of QLD when you guys want it to. Madge as NSW coach is something we don't want!
The ACT is by far the best part of NSW.

I think Freddy has done a good job until 2-3 years ago. He brought through all the players from u16s to now. His downfall was playing favourites and honestly running into some freaks like Bennet in 2020 and now Slater.

We need maybe like a Jason Ryles who has come from the Bellamy school of coaching.

I just hope they dont appoint an older coach like Toovey, Cartwright, Madge etc who don't really connect with modern athletes.

Unfortunately I think Freddy was still the best person to coach us next year but don't have too many issues with him moving on either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back