Origin Impact

clokan

I'm a little worried we may be heavily impacted by Origin this year, in past years we only had one or two or zero Origin reps, but the recent spat of injuries (Buderus, Jennings and now Gallen) may result in a few Tigers getting the nod.

Farah, Lawrence, Woods and Galloway could all potentially get the call up which would present Sheens with several issues. I suppose if we get Rhino and Ellis back in time, we might be able to manage but I would still be pretty worried.

Worry after they get picked not beforehand
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@happy tiger said:
How bad was the Gallen injury Was at work

Might not be too bad, NRL website quotes Gallen "I just went to take off and something clicked in my knee", he is able to walk around though. He also dropped his knee into Dave Taylor, put on report.

Gallens injury sounds similar to Hayne's from earlier in the yr

@clokan said:
@happy tiger said:
How bad was the Gallen injury Was at work

Might not be too bad, NRL website quotes Gallen "I just went to take off and something clicked in my knee", he is able to walk around though. He also dropped his knee into Dave Taylor, put on report.

He's a tough bugger ,get him an arthroscope clean it up 2 weeks off and he will be playing SOO

farah and lawrence will be there..

i think woods probably has it over galloway… i dont think galloway would even be in the mix right now to be honest. his injury during the year has slowed him down a bit.

so max = 3 players... we should be able to survive.

@mtd said:

i think woods probably has it over galloway… i dont think galloway would even be in the mix right now to be honest. his injury during the year has slowed him down a bit.

I don't think Woods will get picked, only 6 weeks ago everyone was criticising our forwards for being too young and inexperienced, so to throw one of them into Origin this early in their careers is a little silly.

Ennis is the incumbent and seen as the "future" hooker, so I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow left Farah out (even though I doubt this will happen) and Lawrence isn't a sure thing, his form is very average and if they want to have Hayne, B Stewart and B Morris in the same team you'd have to say Lawrence would miss out before J Morris.

We pushed Brisbane and should have beaten Souths without Farah so I don't see it having catastrophic effects. As good as Lawrence and Woods are, we have the depth to replace them at the moment without losing huge amounts of strike power.

@Bismark said:
@mtd said:

I don't think Woods will get picked, only 6 weeks ago everyone was criticising our forwards for being too young and inexperienced, so to throw one of them into Origin this early in their careers is a little silly.

Ennis is the incumbent and seen as the "future" hooker, so I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow left Farah out (even though I doubt this will happen) and Lawrence isn't a sure thing, his form is very average and if they want to have Hayne, B Stewart and B Morris in the same team you'd have to say Lawrence would miss out before J Morris.

We pushed Brisbane and should have beaten Souths without Farah so I don't see it having catastrophic effects. As good as Lawrence and Woods are, we have the depth to replace them at the moment without losing huge amounts of strike power.

woods is more likely than keith in my opinion… tariq sims is a certainty, which is what puts the doubt on woods, but i wouldnt be suprised nsw we went with both (woods and sims)...

as for the outside backs, i somewhat agree re the other players mentioned, however what lawrence provides that they dont is is solidarity. ricky knows what hes goign to get with him, especially defensively... the game lawrence has been playing (as average as it has been) is the exact sort of game he would have to play in origin (keeping it basic)..

i also think they may have hayne on a wing with uate...

anyway, time will tell, and we can all [This word has been automatically removed] about howcrap the decisions were after :slight_smile:

Gallen looks like being out for a week with his knee & he wont get suspended for the knee to Taylor as SOO is coming up & i think we might have 2 players @ the most in SOO being Farah & Lawrence.

With Jennings playing NSW Cup Lawrence looks a certainty really. Even though he hasnt been spectacular, Jennings has been worse. Other than Morris, theres no other centre who could take Lawrences spot IMO (Unless Hayne plays there).

Woods is behind 1 too many people. I expect him to get a serious look in later in the series. Galloway is little chance and in my opinion thats probably fair.

Back