Origin series wrap...Agree or disagree? (NSW)

ron_burgandy

Players who shouldnt wear a blues jersy again:

beau scott - offers nothing hes there for defence and he was garbage in that aspect
jason king - nuff said
michale ennis - lol…..well we saw what he brings to this team
joel monaghan - to slow
matt cooper - to soft
michael gordon - showed that he is a very good FG player but not origin material
watmough - always has been a turnstyle in defence and this series was no different
\
\
Players who are on their last legs

michael jennings - 3 games now and hasnt done anything of note
michael weyman - had next to no impact in the series
luke lewis - if gidley is in the team then he has no place he isnt in the top 3 backrowers in the nrl
\
\
players who should be there from this years team

greg bird - you can see why he has 3 MOM performances out of 6 games
paul gallen - tries his guts out probably the best nsw forward
B morris - someone has to score tries
leroyd lahrs - showed what he is truly capable of tonight
gidley - probably nsw best player over the 3 games
\
\
jury is still out on:

pearce
mannah
snowden

I think it is hard to judge Gordon. After all he was stuck outside Beau Scott.

I would have there and actually play Bird @ 5/8 next year allowing A Heighno to come in.

Lewis I am unsure. If the pack does it's job he is very good.

Pick only one of Gallen or Watmong. If you pick Gallen the new coach needs to have him on a tight leash so he doesn't fancy himself as a playmaker

Agree with everyone who shouldnt wear in again, bar Watmough- still has alot to offer.
Also would pick Jennings next year, but pretty much on the money.

Like all the players who deserve their spot, Gallen and Bird should be first picked every single time in my opinion. Hard men unlike Ennis who give it 100% and in a good team will get the job done. Gidley gives it his all also.

Id also pick Pearce, Mannah and Snowden again.

Bird was my man of the match too.

ron i dont know about gidley being the best player over the 3 games, yeh he was MOM in my opinion for nsw tonight but was mediocre in other two games. but hes a great origin player.

i reckon pearce played better in other games, he was kinda missing tonight?

again… hope farah is playing next year

You forgot about God…....

I think your tough on Gordon and Jennings....they were given no good ball all night. Thought they did ok.
Weyman is a creampuff,
Lewis doesnt provide much,
I'd keep everyone you say as well as Watmough....your dead wrong on him, one of your best for two years now.

In fact the only people I'd hook from this side would be ENNIS, Scott, King, Weyman, Lewis and Cooper.

@benjibrotown said:
Agree with everyone who shouldnt wear in again, bar Watmough- still has alot to offer.
Also would pick Jennings next year, but pretty much on the money.

Like all the players who deserve their spot, Gallen and Bird should be first picked every single time in my opinion. Hard men unlike Ennis who give it 100% and in a good team will get the job done. Gidley gives it his all also.

Id also pick Pearce, Mannah and Snowden again.

Bird was my man of the match too.

watmough has had enough chances though….hes so crap in defence that he would have to score 2 tries agame to warrant selection IMO.....i just dont understand why they drop creah and waterhouse but think watmough who is the worse player out of the 3 and think he will do a better job

What the hell did Gordon do to deserve being deemed never to be picked again? I thought he played well, but had little chances.

Watmough actually showed some passion and fire, I'd have him over chumps like Creagh any day of the year.

Pearce was good again tonight I thought, had a few mistakes in him, but with experience he'll get them out of his game, the problem with NSW selectors is when a rookie makes rookie mistakes they drop them for another rookie, who makes similar mistakes.

Hayne tried very hard tonight in my opinion. Wish he had punched Slater in the face when he threw the ball on his face. I am really starting hate QLD…

Gordon > Morris. In one game done more than "B Moz" did in both of his games combined. And in the last game wasn't Morris playing outside Cooper, his centre partner at club level? And he was shambolic. Gordon was forced to play outside Flatfoot Scott and was very solid.

@benjibrotown said:
Hayne tried very hard tonight in my opinion. Wish he had punched Slater in the face when he threw the ball on his face. I am really starting hate QLD…

Hayne dropped the knees on him.. and headbutt him a few weeks ago, remember? Slater should have snotted the prima donna.

King yes, he went good.
Scott, no worse centre ive ever seen
Watmough is ok, should of scored
snowden not yet,
mannah, lahs yes

Gees you are being very kind to B Morris, Ron - bombed a certain try but dropping a pass that should have been taken - was missing in action whenever NSW defended on their line - has to be one of the most overrated players in the side.

Scott, Ennis, Morris should be hooked…

Did King even show up to the game? Deadset he did nothing all night.

Jury is still out on Luke Lewis and Flash Gordon. Gordon didn't see enough ball outside that muppet Scott and could have easily had two tries I reckon and Lewis had an off night.

Timmy Mannah should be there next year and Snowden showed promise but is probably a little wet behind the ears. I'd definitely take Snowden over that pretender Weyman though...

The following disclaimer will be printed on the front cover of the 2010 Origin series DVD:

*** NO TIGERS WERE INVOLVED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS DISASTER ***

Bird Gallen best blues on park

Improved - Hayne Gids and Tom LL,

Snowden and Gordon OK for first outing. Tim Mannah - Solid for the 10 or so mins on the Park (not sure why he came off so quick)

Got to Go
P-ennis, Scott, replaced by Farah and Lawrence

Let them grow into their roles over a campaign or two.

First person that has to go will be Bellamy. If he doesn't quit he should be sacked.

Can't believe they kept him after the first year when he said "I can't coach against the storm players".

No heart, NSW should come above club for everyone involved. Selectors all the way down.

Back