Our Attack

No one has mentioned the end of play decisions….our 5th tackle options are worse than under 10 game ….no kick chase , no good kick to put sides under pressure consistently. No re peat Sets from good attacking kicks …..until we get Brooks out with his poor kicks 🦵….ask your self how often you see him place the ball in the ingoal for repeat sets constantly..has no feel for the short game

Time.

Time for combinations.
Time for confidence.
Time to regroup.
Time to be patient.
Time for a change of coach for sure....they must practice these drillls day after day,but excution on game day is abysmal,Its either one out stuff or sweep it across the backline without drawing a man or someone straightening the attack
Same with the diabolical 5th tackle options and inevitable poor execution
Ive never seen a poorer WTS attacking team...nor an unluckier one either
But if we were more effective with the ball in hand,we neednt rely on luck and be 3 wins

I thought Brooks was alright, but it annoys me to no end how unwilling he is to take the line on.
He doesnt visualize where the opportunitis mite be,and doesnt draw is man in attack allowing opoition to slide.
Then telegraphs pass so receipient gets smashed/loses ball

He doesnt visualize where the opportunitis mite be,and doesnt draw is man in attack allowing opoition to slide.
Then telegraphs pass so receipient gets smashed/loses ball
He is not the same Brooks when he won DalyM. He ran a lot more then.
He actually played like an outside back.
It doesnt help losing Hastings but I think it time to experiment.
Leaving To'a out tonight is a mystery.

He is not the same Brooks when he won DalyM. He ran a lot more then.
He actually played like an outside back.
It doesnt help losing Hastings but I think it time to experiment.
Leaving To'a out tonight is a mystery.
Toa looks like he cld be part of the solution,but we park him as 19th man in another astute coach selection prizing loyalty and continiuity over facts and results
Madge digging his own grave..he'll be filling it in soon!

Toa looks like he cld be part of the solution,but we park him as 19th man in another astute coach selection prizing loyalty and continiuity over facts and results
Madge digging his own grave..he'll be filling it in soon!
Champ if you've been reading my posts since we have signed To'a, I have been singing his praises, but a bit of a tricky situation.
1. Roberts showed a glimpse tonight why he was regarded as one of the best centres in the game.
To'a apparently hasn't played centre but in my opinion could play centre - but would he play as good as Roberts at the top of his game?
Then there is Gildart.
Once again To'a could take his spot, but Gildart is slowly gaining momentum in a new harder NRL comp but is quality.
To'a has played fullback but Daino finally found his feet tonight and if we had a few more offloads with him trailing, then he would be awesome.
So that leaves one of our Captains in Kenny or there is Noffa.
Noffa I beleave was on wood tonight but produced with some damaging runs.
Ken on the other hand is several kilos overweight and slow, is he going to get replaced, dont think so because he's just come back from injury and has to be given the benefit of the doubt.
The solution for me is to drop one of our so called leaders in Peachey and put To'a on the bench. To'a isn't afraid to bring the ball out of our end at the start if sets.
He could come on to give a hooker a rest by putting Brooks into Hooker for 15min and the whole backline shifts one in. Ken to center.
It would be easier to do that if our forwards were at full strength eg. Stef.
Last year we were boasting that we finally have competition for most positions.
Have we got the balls to oust one of our Captains to the NSWRL.
Liddle at this stage is our best hooking option.
Our D tonight was great especially when a man down.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a 10 day turn around until we face the Sharks next week.
Is it enough time to tweak the attack?
I wouldn’t mind swapping Peachy and Brooks though it probably won’t happen that way.
I’ll admit I’ve been pleased with how Madden has developed with only 6 games. His kicking game is what we are missing with Brooks.
It just seems like a deal has been done with Brooks. (To leave the club) I think the team is trying to save face, making him a captain and naming him as such in tonight’s game.
But the focus of attack has shifted to his halves partners. In the Newcastle game Hastings was playing on Brooks favoured left side with Brooks on the right. In that game Hastings looked like he was appointed first reciever and in tonight’s game Madden did as well.
Is he being asked to take a step back, (help us out, through the first half of the year to blood Madden in and give assurance to the side whilst Douehi is on the sideline?
Will be interesting to see the attack next week if it falters Madge might have big decision to make heading into the game agaisnt Parramatta.

Last edited:
Liddle, currently our best hooker has the worst passing game ever.

Spine is painfully weak.

Laurie is the softest guy I've seen since Moltzen.

Brooks doesn't want to be there and had a weird spell on some people that leads them to believe he is good but he's a low (football) IQ dud.
Brooks is playing like he wants to force a release

He keeps talking about how well they train but it’s not translating to the game maybe he needs to start trying some different training methods that are transferable

Volkman (Roosters) replaces Brooks.
Brooks released to any appropriate suiter, with least impact to our cap.

CNK (Raiders) - maybe in a Brooks swap, whatever it takes. They want Savage for #1 and we want a capable fullback. Which leads to Laurie - can play out his deal in NSW cup or seek a release and take up a deal elsewhere with no impact to our cap.

Nofo- he is showing signs of improvement this season and his contract is shocking, no ones taking it... WE are stuck with him but he is only a small issue... the real issue are the centres.

Recruit some centres 🤪😝
Who woulda thought? Not much available.
Herbie Farnworth the pick of the lot - name your price chief. Have another crack at the raiders options as they seem to be stacked - Seb Kris, strong off season focusing on defence for him and there's always decent centres coming through Q cup somewhere, start exploring.

Tamou - Going
Luciano- Going
Kelma - going
Offa - happy to see him go
Mikaele - happy to see him go

Replaced by

Pele (Sharks) rumoured
Papali (Eels) Confirmed
Nikora (Sharks) rumoured
Fainu (Manly) confirmed
Thompson (dogs) rumoured

O'Kane, Guyan, Camroux, Dillon, Peni, Tupou and Pole invested in heavily as first grade prospects.
I think Volkman would be FANTASTIC, cant see him getting a run @ Roosters for a fair while.

He keeps talking about how well they train but it’s not translating to the game maybe he needs to start trying some different training methods that are transferable
He didn’t say that AGAIN did he? “We aren’t getting the rewards for our effort”. It’s getting as repetitive as Sheens old chestnut “We wanted to win, they needed to win”.

Latest posts

Back