Our Backyard

uuem

With our strength in the lower grades I knew it would only be a matter of time till other clubs started to circle.Below has been mentioned in the rumor section on another forum. So who do we fight to keep and isn't Schirnack contracted for next year?
(quote)
Alan Schirnack –--> Newcastle or Cowboys

David Gower, Sean Meaney, Willie Mataka & Jared Farlow --------> Offers tabled from Melbourne (quote)

At the moment I don't think Melbourne is in any position to make any offers to anyone.

@Chris said:
At the moment I don't think Melbourne is in any position to make any offers to anyone.

Yes but with the players mentioned they would come cheaper than their current playing roster.

And what player wouldnt want to play for them?

They will cut a few, but they have plenty of talent to cover most losses. They will be a bigger force next year…

@PrattenParkMagpie said:
Both Al and Jason Schirnack are currently contracted till the end of 2011

Legally these mean nothing if they receive a higher offer. If Newcastle offer 100,000 a season to Al Schirnack and the Tigers don't want to match it, he can leave mid contract.

@MacDougall said:
@PrattenParkMagpie said:
Both Al and Jason Schirnack are currently contracted till the end of 2011

Legally these mean nothing if they receive a higher offer. If Newcastle offer 100,000 a season to Al Schirnack and the Tigers don't want to match it, he can leave mid contract.

Its back to law school for you MacDougal; they aint able to go anywhere without a release until 2012.

I would not want to lose either of the Schirnacks, or Mataka for that matter, but it's hard for these blokes to get a run in FG unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back